Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa {JOR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dead Sea Resort & Spa {JOR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Anyone able to give further details about the lounge? In particular are there any soft drinks available during the day (I mainly drink sparkling water but also like the odd Coke) and what options they have for alcohol and if this is limited at all?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:15 am

Anyone stayed here recently? How is exec lounge? Still limited 2 drinks per person
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by indifly
Anyone stayed here recently? How is exec lounge? Still limited 2 drinks per person
We stayed about 2 months ago and there was no limit on drinks. Infact, it was proactively topped up all evening for us by the lounge attendant. There was red and white Jordanian wine plus beer (possibly spirits but I don't remember). Hot food options were limited in the evening (2 or 3 different types of pastries, plus a cheese spread). No Kids allowed in the lounge all day, although I did see someone in the restaurant next door who came with their kid to the lounge to get food and snacks and they were fine with the family sitting next door.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by englisha
We stayed about 2 months ago and there was no limit on drinks. Infact, it was proactively topped up all evening for us by the lounge attendant. There was red and white Jordanian wine plus beer (possibly spirits but I don't remember). Hot food options were limited in the evening (2 or 3 different types of pastries, plus a cheese spread). No Kids allowed in the lounge all day, although I did see someone in the restaurant next door who came with their kid to the lounge to get food and snacks and they were fine with the family sitting next door.

i am planning to book a room here for a friend. Which would you choose: regular room + breakfast buffet and dinner buffet or Executive room with lounge access (and no meals)? I am Hilton Gold but unfortunately won't be going so no complementary upgrades.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
i am planning to book a room here for a friend. Which would you choose: regular room + breakfast buffet and dinner buffet or Executive room with lounge access (and no meals)? I am Hilton Gold but unfortunately won't be going so no complementary upgrades.
The food at the hotel is quite expensive for what it is. There is a Mall next door to the hotel which has a few restaurants which were good quality and about half the price, so that's worth considering. If the price were the same for the 2 options you suggested, i'd personally go for the Executive room option, as Breakfast will be included in the lounge and you get the drinks and snacks in the evening. Presumably, the dinner buffet wont include drinks.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by hugolover
Fly or take ground transportation to Eilat. Take a taxi to the Aqaba border. Clear the border control and take a taxi from the Jordanian side to Dead Sea.

Perhaps worth it for a few days in Dead Sea.
This advice makes sense if you are only taking ground transportation and want to avoid driving through the West Bank (which is a headache) to one of the northern border crossings (you also have to check the visa-on-arrival situation at these border crossings), because this is way out of the way to the south. It's around 4 hours' drive from Aqaba.

If you're going to fly, might as well fly from TLV to AMM, from which it's around a one-hour drive.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More than years after opening and the spa is still NOT ready with no timescale posted on the website.

Really takes the mockery out of opening a hotel, that really isn't fully open. Two years is ridiculous.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Had a recent stay here. As a diamond I was upgraded to a nice room with both pool and sea views. The diamond breakfast was the buffet breakfast in the restaurant with eggs and other items cooked to order.
In the evening the lounge provided a few hot options, a cheese board, and some other items. Beer and wine and four spirits were also available along with soft drinks.
All of the members of the staff I encountered were friendly and outgoing.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: AA - Executive Platinum 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum
I'm going to stay here in August. I'm flying into Amman from Barcelona rather late and land at 10pm. I was originally planning on staying for 2 nights in Amman at the Four Seasons, doing Petra on Day 2 and then heading to the Hilton Dead Sea on Day 3. Do you think it makes more sense just to stay 3-nights at the Hilton?

Also, how is driving in Jordan? It's my first time visiting.

Last edited by interactfx; May 10, 2019 at 4:22 am Reason: correcting city
Old May 11, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotel told me they cannot even confirm if it will open in 2020.

So, that obviously means the construction isn’t being undertaken. Obviously Petra wasn’t build in a day, but a 3-5 year build time on a spa is nonsense.

It could be a fair interpretation that they have no funds to build the spa.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Stayed here in early April flying in from TLV and driving my hire car to the resort. Bought a zain sim on arrival and used my Waze app to get around. At £25, the best money I spent, besides the Jordan pass which was accepted everywhere except the baptismal site.

I had two rooms for 4 nights as a gold member having been demoted days before.

The resort is beautiful but no spa and the pontoon out of action but the mud and sea access was well thought out and put together.

Breakfast was great and the lounge very good, but no kids under 18 which was rigorously enforced, making us sit in the restaurant next door.

The food pricey but very good and the mall a short walk away offered cheaper options.

its a beautiful hotel, great rooms especially the sea view. Lobby was fabulous. The staff were generally excellent but the odd one or two did stand out. The valet lost my car keys day one and I parked my self after that.

Tourist things were exorbitant in both the hotel and the mall. Sunscreen was £25-30 a bottle (£5-£6 in the U.K.) and souvenirs 4-5 times the price in Amman. We bought stuff on Rainbow street and the priced up in the resort area. The savings were huge. Buy in Amman if you are able.

Driving in Jordan was easy and we drove from the Hilton to Jeresh, Amman and Madaba, returning each day. Waze was invaluable especially in Amman. Fuel was reasonable. My hertz car did the job but was far from new!

The drive to Petra took 3 hours and we stayed there. Before heading to Aqaba ( by far the most disappointing aspect of our stay in Jordan. I disliked it enormously so promptly left and drove back to Amman airport. It was unfriendly and money grabbing at every turn. Tourist trap 101.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 8:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
How much do they charge for food and drinks in the restaurant?
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florens
How much do they charge for food and drinks in the restaurant?
And are they still calling the hotel a “& Spa” when the spa isn’t finished yet- two years after opening...?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Booked a Deluxe Room with Terrace and Sea view for 4 nights in October - looking forward to it!
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by florens
Booked a Deluxe Room with Terrace and Sea view for 4 nights in October - looking forward to it!
Rebooked to a Junior Suite which was about the same price.

I am looking forward to staying at this property and will provide more information here like menus etc. once I'm there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.