FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay {ARE} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1856744-doubletree-hilton-dubai-business-bay.html)

diablo77 Jul 26, 2017 2:03 pm

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay {ARE}

This hotel opened last week. Does anyone have reviews for any recent stays?

NoY Oct 7, 2017 6:01 am

Anybody stayed here yet? Thanks.

saaveraward Jan 16, 2021 12:09 pm

still no reports..... TA reviews for Diamonds look great

MichaelA380 Jan 16, 2021 12:46 pm

I stayed here at the beginning of January - not going to write a review but happy to answer questions

saaveraward Jan 16, 2021 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelA380 (Post 32973245)
I stayed here at the beginning of January - not going to write a review but happy to answer questions

How was breakfast handled considering COVID?

Are there "nice" walks around the property, like can you walk along the Creek or to the Mall, or is it truly isolated in a business complex?

Any nightlife on/near property?

Pleased with your stay? From what I'm reading, this looks like a high-quality DT. Not sure if WA DIFC is worth 3x the price if both are giving suite upgrades to Diamonds.

Thanks in advance

MichaelA380 Jan 16, 2021 2:42 pm

@saaveraward

How was breakfast handled considering COVID?
Breakfast is served at My Square at Plaza Level (one level above reception), seating available both inside and outside, tables cleaned after each guest and utensils brought anew, sanitiser available on each table. Breakfast times are 0630 to 1100, I have visited at almost any possible time and never had to wait to be seated, even in popular times but that being said the hotel was not very busy. The food is mostly laid out behind plexiglass shields with holes big enough for plates to pass - this applies to the bread section and the cold cuts / salads / etc. section, the warm food / live cooking section is open however there is a barrier line beyond which you are not allowed to go. No self-service allowed, food is given away by stuff who wears masks and gloves. Eggs of all types are made-to-order and then brought to your table, liquids are also ordered to the waiters and brought to your table.

Are there "nice" walks around the property, like can you walk along the Creek or to the Mall, or is it truly isolated in a business complex?
"Nice" not really, this is a business complex, which is however mostly dead even during weekdays, and is also surrounded by other skyscrapers on the other side of the moderately busy road. You may walk to the Creek, which is very close to the hotel, as well as to the Dubai Mall, which is roughly 20 minutes away. There are also a few eating outlets around, several cafes and a supermarket for basic stuff.

Any nightlife on/near property?
Not interested in nightlife so cannot say. There is PizzaExpress Live on-site, which is supposed to feature live music, but cannot say whether it actually does. As said above, the area is mostly dead, even during daytime.

Pleased with your stay? From what I'm reading, this looks like a high-quality DT. Not sure if WA DIFC is worth 3x the price if both are giving suite upgrades to Diamonds.
Very much, for me this was excellent value, price was sub-€100 incl. taxes booked 36 hours before arrival, as HH Diamond I was upgraded two categories to Burj Khalifa view on 11th floor. The hotel still feels brand new, probably one of the best stays I have ever had in a DoubleTree (the only other comparable experience I have had was at DoubleTree Tower of London).

saaveraward Jan 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Thanks all around. As they're not crowded, did you happen to ask for a suite upgrade? Their track record seems to indicate that's pretty standard for Diamonds.

MichaelA380 Jan 16, 2021 3:15 pm

No, I could not care less, the upgrade to high-floor/view room showed in the app on the day of check-in, I arrived at the hotel around 1am and opening a discussion on a suite upgrade was the last thing I could be bothered with. If I was staying in a resort and for a longer period of 2 weeks or so, I might have done it, probably even before arrival, here it made no practical sense.

saaveraward Jan 16, 2021 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelA380 (Post 32973554)
No, I could not care less, the upgrade to high-floor/view room showed in the app on the day of check-in, I arrived at the hotel around 1am and opening a discussion on a suite upgrade was the last thing I could be bothered with. If I was staying in a resort and for a longer period of 2 weeks or so, I might have done it, probably even before arrival, here it made no practical sense.

10-4. Thanks again

blackzarg Mar 17, 2021 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelA380 (Post 32973554)

Thanks so much for the reply! I’m planning a 2-night stay in Dubai during a stopover. Main priority is having a meal at the Burj Khalifa. The three hotels I’m looking at are the LXR Habtoor Palace, this Doubletree, and Hilton The Walk. LXR is cheap during the weekday (31k points) but almost doubles in points (49k points) during a stay starting Thursday, so I’m looking at the Doubletree now for value.

saaveraward Mar 17, 2021 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by blackzarg (Post 33107986)
Thanks so much for the reply! I’m planning a 2-night stay in Dubai during a stopover. Main priority is having a meal at the Burj Khalifa. The three hotels I’m looking at are the LXR Habtoor Palace, this Doubletree, and Hilton The Walk. LXR is cheap during the weekday (31k points) but almost doubles in points (49k points) during a stay starting Thursday, so I’m looking at the Doubletree now for value.

Definitely doubletree. 15 minute easy walk to BK. Excellent treatment of Diamonds.... and I'm not joking, the best made-to-order omlettes I've had anywhere. Any other questions, feel free to ask. Just spent 10 nights there on points at roughly 20k/night and upgraded to a junior corner suite. Never had to wait for a taxi. Plenty of decent food options at Business Bay if you want to stay around for a meal with a full supermarket 100m away. Be advised, the corner junior suites do NOT have BK views even though the website says it does. I asked them to quote me an upsell rate to a Burj Suite, but they never sent me a number. Only complaint, the pool bar is overpriced and you're forced to order food as part of DXB restrictions (even though 90% of establishments don't enforce it).

KRUXED May 21, 2021 8:49 am

Does anyone have any knowledge If this property can organize COVID tests at the hotel prior to leaving the country?

MichaelA380 May 21, 2021 1:35 pm

KRUXED Just contact the hotel directly and ask: https://www.facebook.com/DoubleTreeb...inessBayDubai/

KRUXED May 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelA380 (Post 33269104)
KRUXED Just contact the hotel directly and ask: https://www.facebook.com/DoubleTreeb...inessBayDubai/

I have prior to posting here but have not yet received a reply from the property

saaveraward May 21, 2021 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by KRUXED (Post 33268385)
Does anyone have any knowledge If this property can organize COVID tests at the hotel prior to leaving the country?

This may be helpful if you're flying EK. I deleted everything but the "at home" options.

Emirates has expanded its medical partnerships to offer all passengers exclusive home or office COVID‑19 PCR testing rates at the following centres:

Al Tadawi Medical Centre
Home or office testing within Dubai costs AED 240 per person. Test results will be available within 24 hours.
Prime Medical Centres
Home or office testing within Dubai for a minimum of two passengers is also available at AED 240 per person. Test results will be available within 24 hours.