Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay {ARE}

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay {ARE}

Old Jul 26, 17, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai - Business Bay {ARE}

This hotel opened last week. Does anyone have reviews for any recent stays?
Old Oct 7, 17, 6:01 am
NoY

Programs: BA Emerald, TP *A Gold, EY Gold, QR bye bye, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Marriott Plat
Anybody stayed here yet? Thanks.
Old Jan 16, 21, 12:09 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
still no reports..... TA reviews for Diamonds look great
Old Jan 16, 21, 12:46 pm

I stayed here at the beginning of January - not going to write a review but happy to answer questions
Old Jan 16, 21, 1:55 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Gold. Hold AA, UA, BA, LH, SQ, VX, AF, AMEX, Citi, Chase balances
Originally Posted by MichaelA380 View Post
I stayed here at the beginning of January - not going to write a review but happy to answer questions
How was breakfast handled considering COVID?

Are there "nice" walks around the property, like can you walk along the Creek or to the Mall, or is it truly isolated in a business complex?

Any nightlife on/near property?

Pleased with your stay? From what I'm reading, this looks like a high-quality DT. Not sure if WA DIFC is worth 3x the price if both are giving suite upgrades to Diamonds.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 16, 21, 2:42 pm

@saaveraward

How was breakfast handled considering COVID?
Breakfast is served at My Square at Plaza Level (one level above reception), seating available both inside and outside, tables cleaned after each guest and utensils brought anew, sanitiser available on each table. Breakfast times are 0630 to 1100, I have visited at almost any possible time and never had to wait to be seated, even in popular times but that being said the hotel was not very busy. The food is mostly laid out behind plexiglass shields with holes big enough for plates to pass - this applies to the bread section and the cold cuts / salads / etc. section, the warm food / live cooking section is open however there is a barrier line beyond which you are not allowed to go. No self-service allowed, food is given away by stuff who wears masks and gloves. Eggs of all types are made-to-order and then brought to your table, liquids are also ordered to the waiters and brought to your table.

Are there "nice" walks around the property, like can you walk along the Creek or to the Mall, or is it truly isolated in a business complex?
"Nice" not really, this is a business complex, which is however mostly dead even during weekdays, and is also surrounded by other skyscrapers on the other side of the moderately busy road. You may walk to the Creek, which is very close to the hotel, as well as to the Dubai Mall, which is roughly 20 minutes away. There are also a few eating outlets around, several cafes and a supermarket for basic stuff.

Any nightlife on/near property?
Not interested in nightlife so cannot say. There is PizzaExpress Live on-site, which is supposed to feature live music, but cannot say whether it actually does. As said above, the area is mostly dead, even during daytime.

Pleased with your stay? From what I'm reading, this looks like a high-quality DT. Not sure if WA DIFC is worth 3x the price if both are giving suite upgrades to Diamonds.
Very much, for me this was excellent value, price was sub-Ä100 incl. taxes booked 36 hours before arrival, as HH Diamond I was upgraded two categories to Burj Khalifa view on 11th floor. The hotel still feels brand new, probably one of the best stays I have ever had in a DoubleTree (the only other comparable experience I have had was at DoubleTree Tower of London).
saaveraward likes this.
Old Jan 16, 21, 3:10 pm

Thanks all around. As they're not crowded, did you happen to ask for a suite upgrade? Their track record seems to indicate that's pretty standard for Diamonds.
Old Jan 16, 21, 3:15 pm

No, I could not care less, the upgrade to high-floor/view room showed in the app on the day of check-in, I arrived at the hotel around 1am and opening a discussion on a suite upgrade was the last thing I could be bothered with. If I was staying in a resort and for a longer period of 2 weeks or so, I might have done it, probably even before arrival, here it made no practical sense.
Old Jan 16, 21, 4:18 pm

No, I could not care less, the upgrade to high-floor/view room showed in the app on the day of check-in, I arrived at the hotel around 1am and opening a discussion on a suite upgrade was the last thing I could be bothered with. If I was staying in a resort and for a longer period of 2 weeks or so, I might have done it, probably even before arrival, here it made no practical sense.
10-4. Thanks again
Old Mar 17, 21, 3:20 pm

Thanks so much for the reply! Iím planning a 2-night stay in Dubai during a stopover. Main priority is having a meal at the Burj Khalifa. The three hotels Iím looking at are the LXR Habtoor Palace, this Doubletree, and Hilton The Walk. LXR is cheap during the weekday (31k points) but almost doubles in points (49k points) during a stay starting Thursday, so Iím looking at the Doubletree now for value.
Old Mar 17, 21, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by blackzarg View Post
Thanks so much for the reply! Iím planning a 2-night stay in Dubai during a stopover. Main priority is having a meal at the Burj Khalifa. The three hotels Iím looking at are the LXR Habtoor Palace, this Doubletree, and Hilton The Walk. LXR is cheap during the weekday (31k points) but almost doubles in points (49k points) during a stay starting Thursday, so Iím looking at the Doubletree now for value.
Definitely doubletree. 15 minute easy walk to BK. Excellent treatment of Diamonds.... and I'm not joking, the best made-to-order omlettes I've had anywhere. Any other questions, feel free to ask. Just spent 10 nights there on points at roughly 20k/night and upgraded to a junior corner suite. Never had to wait for a taxi. Plenty of decent food options at Business Bay if you want to stay around for a meal with a full supermarket 100m away. Be advised, the corner junior suites do NOT have BK views even though the website says it does. I asked them to quote me an upsell rate to a Burj Suite, but they never sent me a number. Only complaint, the pool bar is overpriced and you're forced to order food as part of DXB restrictions (even though 90% of establishments don't enforce it).

Last edited by saaveraward; Mar 17, 21 at 3:56 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: