Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman North {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Kuala Lumpur Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman North {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Truthfully at least for me, for the asking price of this hotel at < 30-40 USD per night, all the listed issue I can forgive it. I know that there are other worst properties (non- international chain) that asks more for a night stay and you get worst value out of it.
I would gladly stay at this property despite the elevator noise, low quality bathfroom fittings, etc and bring my own ear plugs for the noise, (ok I can't do anything about the quality of the bathroom fitting - as long as I get a good water pressure and temperature).

Cheers!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Agreed, I can arrange myself too with the status quo and didn't say it is terrible in any way. Price is very good value in my book and it is new and with South Tower will double in size. Just wanted to give complete picture so people can align expectations.

If light sleeper I would pick floors 13-15 Deluxe Queen KLCC view away from elevator. Online check in worked well and I could pick desired room.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 4:41 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
The property has new owners as of now and is no longer expected to be super value. Going for 12k points atm.

Last edited by ashkale; Oct 1, 2018 at 4:48 am
Old Oct 3, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Well I'll find out how bad the South version can be, have booked up for end Oct for 3 nights. Have done 3 separate bookings so if the first day is too bad then I can cancel the next nights' without penalty!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
just checked out after a night stay. for the price I paid (RM130+), it's the best value I've come across in KL & easily Malaysia.

1. AC was good
2. Comfortable bed
3. Water pressure strong in shower
4. Gym (rare at this price point)

however for a property carrying the HGI brand ...especially for Asia which usually surpasses brand standards , it falls far below the HGIs I've become accustomed to (US/UK), mainly being :

1. Dirty towels. Both bath towels provided in room had strands of hair AND stains (red + brown + black to draw your own conclusions). I requested for 2 extra towels and only 1 of these was "pristine".
2. Breakfast quality. At any price, breakfast here isn't worth it. No toaster and most food is tinned or persevered. Even the nasi lemak was just rice + sambal.
3. Small shower head / leaky shower area, no in room microwave, no choice of welcome amenity
4. Not something to fault hotel for, but other Guests. Blocking lifts, cutting line during check-in/out (from front of line to last/4th to be served), gleeful running through the corridors after a night out etc ...

IMHO this property is much closer to a Hampton Inn in terms of hardware & price point.

With the DTKL and Hilton PJ being 10k on points, as Diamond these properties will remain my go-to's if on a budget. As a datapoint, booked base room and received Queen KLCC view on level 10 (out of 16). OLCI was showing this upgrade a day before but decided to wait till actual check in (no further change).
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I've just completed a stay at the South property (next door to the North property).

Everything is clean and brand new, as you would expect from a newly opened property. There is a swimming pool on the rooftop along with a bar (excellent views). The room decor is very similar to that of the North property but it looks better due to the larger windows / nicer wallpapers.

As a diamond, I was upgraded to the top floor and was allowed to select both the points and breakfast as my amenity.

Do note that the elevators are very slow so if you don't care about the view, ask for a room on a lower floor instead.

Overall, this property is excellent value at its current price point of 30-40 USD.

Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
When was your stay at the South hotel? I had a reservation for a 2-night stay at South on 17 Oct but I was taken to North by the taxi driver and the bellboy informed me that South was not open yet (which was confirmed by the North check-in agent). A new reservation was made for me on the spot for a room at North (same rate). At 102 MYR++ /nt this is by far the cheapest HGI rate I have come across.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by wantan
is it accessible by public transport from KL Sentral ? I tend to leave around morning rush hour for KLIA.
The free GoKL Red Line bus (stop is right outside the hotel) will take you to KL Sentral. I took it on a Sunday morning (around 8:30) and it took me less than 10 min to get KL Sentral; no traffic at all - I was very impressed. During rush hours and weekdays longer journey times should obviously be expected.

Pls note that you can't take the GoKL bus (Red Line) from KL Sentral to the hotel as there is no stop for the North bound busses on the street where the hotel is located (you can, but then you need to get off at another street and walk to the hotel from there).

The GoKL Blue Line bus will take you to Pavilion/Bukit Bintang but the bus stop is not in front of the hotel (only Red Line stops there). You have to walk 300 meters heading North to the intersection (@ Chow Kit monorail station). There is a bus stop for the GoKL Blue Line on the street East of the intersection/Chow Kit monorail st. (approx 50 meters East of the intersection) and the bus will take you to Bukit Bintang from there (again, it is a free service).
nixande likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The free GoKL Red Line bus (stop is right outside the hotel) will take you to KL Sentral. I took it on a Sunday morning (around 8:30) and it took me less than 10 min to get KL Sentral; no traffic at all - I was very impressed. During rush hours and weekdays longer journey times should obviously be expected.

Pls note that you can't take the GoKL bus (Red Line) from KL Sentral to the hotel as there is no stop for the North bound busses on the street where the hotel is located (you can, but then you need to get off at another street and walk to the hotel from there).

The GoKL Blue Line bus will take you to Pavilion/Bukit Bintang but the bus stop is not in front of the hotel (only Red Line stops there). You have to walk 300 meters heading North to the intersection (@ Chow Kit monorail station). There is a bus stop for the GoKL Blue Line on the street East of the intersection/Chow Kit monorail st. (approx 50 meters East of the intersection) and the bus will take you to Bukit Bintang from there (again, it is a free service).
There are also a number of train stations within a 10 minutes walking radius from the hotel. PWTC is the most useful as it connects to the LRT/MRT network and is attached to a big shopping mall. Putra is on the Batu line, useful to visit the famous caves.

nixande and BudgetJetsetter like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
When was your stay at the South hotel? I had a reservation for a 2-night stay at South on 17 Oct but I was taken to North by the taxi driver and the bellboy informed me that South was not open yet (which was confirmed by the North check-in agent). A new reservation was made for me on the spot for a room at North (same rate). At 102 MYR++ /nt this is by far the cheapest HGI rate I have come across.
My stay was on the 26th. I think they opened on the 23rd.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Am here at South now. Also received points and breakfast as diamond amenity. A plate of fruit was waiting (1 green apple, 1 red apple and 1 orange). 7-11 across the street. Laundry 10RM for washing, 8RM for dryer. The lifts are very slow and buggy - it will regularly cancel after pressing the up or down button.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I just stayed here for 5 nights - with a stop off in between to head to Vietnam - the rooms were OK - but it's pretty ropey - lots of very dodgy customers, large tour groups and groups of men bringing some distressed and vulnerable looking prostitutes up to rooms with Security just waving them through.

Did not feel that comfortable staying here - but bagged 5 nights I guess. The area is not the best - a Grab Taxi is around $18 and takes about an hour from KLIA.

Was not offered points and breakfast as Diamond - had to choose.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:28 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Talking

Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party
lots of very dodgy customers, large tour groups and groups of men bringing some distressed and vulnerable looking prostitutes up to rooms with Security just waving them through.
that is some observation.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, UA Silver, Delta Silver
Stayed at the south tower a week ago on March 9th. Was not offered both points and breakfast. Had to choose. I went with the points as it was a one night stay. $36.81 USD total for my stay.

Does anyone know if the north and south properties are considered seperate properties for purposes of hopping back and forth to take advantage of the current point bonus per stay?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
They are separate properties even though they are just steps away from each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.