Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Gold, UA Premier
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa

Is listed as a cat 6 hotel now on HHonors website. Was not bookable at this time. Diamond desk stated that this will be bookable within 48 hours.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

As a tip for anyone looking for it, you can find it under Polynesia (French) but not French Polynesia in the dropdown menu for countries.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:16 pm

Which one is better for my future points stay assuming both are available?
Bora bora or Moorea?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:32 pm

There are extensive threads on both properties in the Starwood forum.

Moorea - Sheraton
Bora Bora - Bora Bora Nui

Keep in mind that Moorea is a 10 minute flight or a 30 minute ferry ride from Papeete. Bora Bora is a longer more expensive flight. We chose Moorea this summer simply because it was faster/easier/cheaper, and with a relatively short stay (4 nights) that mattered to us.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jan 11, 2009 at 8:43 pm
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:38 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, Hertz 5*, WN CP A-List, US SP
We stayed at both Sheraton Moorea and Bora Bora Nui this past July. They are both awesome properties but the Nui has a nicer newer feel compared to Moorea. The snorkeling at Moorea was by far better.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:51 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by neuro0
Which one is better for my future points stay assuming both are available?
Bora bora or Moorea?
I was in both properties last December. BB Nui is much more luxurious, has the better rooms (all suites of 80 sqm) and the much better food.

But, as others said before, the snorkeling at the Sheraton Moorea was unbeatable.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:10 am

What are some flight options to get into Moorea or Bora Bora from Toronto?
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Commie
What are some flight options to get into Moorea or Bora Bora from Toronto?
Is Expedia.com down?

Here's a link to the Papeete Airport showing airlines with service there:

http://www.papeete.com/gethere.html

The joys of a Google search!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:15 am

All international flights go to Papeete. You then take a local carrier to Bora Bora or Moorea (or take the ferry to Moorea).
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Any of you that have a reservation for the Starwood (Sheraton) managed hotels in FP that are going to be managed differently in the near future probably already received the email with the great news!

From email:
"...the owner has agreed to honor all confirmed room rates and reservations including SPG Award redemption bookings."

So, all is well! The only thing that will be affected when you are there is you won't be able to gain Starwood points for the stay. But, I'll plan on taking my Hilton credit card to use for spending at the resorts (dining, spa, etc) and gain those points. Looking forward to my stay at the Moorea Lagoon Resort!

A BIG thank you to the owner, Louis Wane Societes des Hotels Tahitien S.A. for agreeing to honor all reservations! ^
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:48 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by Olip
I was in both properties last December. BB Nui is much more luxurious, has the better rooms (all suites of 80 sqm) and the much better food.

But, as others said before, the snorkeling at the Sheraton Moorea was unbeatable.
I've heard the Moorea bungalows are being updated. Some, who've just gotten back, said the improvements are great. Should all be done shortly.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA PLT, Inspirato, Wheels Up, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Churnman
Any of you that have a reservation for the Starwood (Sheraton) managed hotels in FP that are going to be managed differently in the near future probably already received the email with the great news!

From email:
"...the owner has agreed to honor all confirmed room rates and reservations including SPG Award redemption bookings."

So, all is well! The only thing that will be affected when you are there is you won't be able to gain Starwood points for the stay. But, I'll plan on taking my Hilton credit card to use for spending at the resorts (dining, spa, etc) and gain those points. Looking forward to my stay at the Moorea Lagoon Resort!

A BIG thank you to the owner, Louis Wane Societes des Hotels Tahitien S.A. for agreeing to honor all reservations! ^
It's great that they are honoring reservations and rates, but does anyone know if this includes promotions? I have the "Tahiti Tantalizer" package booked at both the Moorea Lagoon and Bora Bora Nui which gives you the 5th night free at each property as well as a resort credit. I wasn't sure if this would be honored. Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Churnman
I've heard the Moorea bungalows are being updated. Some, who've just gotten back, said the improvements are great. Should all be done shortly.
Interesting...who did you hear it from? Any sense of what the updates involve?
Old Jan 14, 2009, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Moorea (former Sheraton)

The lowest category "bungalows" are far away from the water and actually duplex units, not solitary bungalows. The temperature, ambiance, etc... is significantly different in those units than the overwater bungalows. The next category (superior bungalow, I think) and also the "beach" bungalow are nothing to write home about either (IMHO).

You really want either an over-water, or one of the 3 Starwood Preferred Guest bungalows. I liked those the best and it was easy to get an upgrade to those, as opposed to the overwater. You enter from the beach (as opposed to the wooden walkways for the OWBs), but the bungalow IS over the water (with see-through coffee table, etc...), with a horizon view (out towards the water) rather than some OWBs with views back at the beach and main hotel. If you are in the far right of the 3 (facing the water) you would have pretty good privacy.

The pool there is nothing spectacular, either.

I found the best bang for points was the Intercontinental Thalasso. Don't waste IC points at any other FP properties (again IMHO). Also MUCH nicer than the Le Meredien Bora Bora, which is semi-next door.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:10 am

Bora Bora is now listed as a Category 6 as well, same as Moorea, at 40,000 points. It really is tempting to try this property at this redemption level, since it was very high category in Starwood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.