Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by EdChambers
I tried the roll the dice approach at the Conrad Maldives earlier this year and it worked out very well for me. But my understanding is this property is quite stingy with upgrades to OWVs on points bookings, even for diamonds... Debating throwing a counter offer on the table and if they don't bite, then see what I can do at check in. Original plan was to get a reasonable paid upgrade to King OWV in advance, then hope my diamond status, combined with it being the low season would get me further upgraded to a King Pool OWV. Mainly looking for some data points to see what a fair upgrade price in the low season should be.
I'd really like to hear your information after you either upgrade via email or after your stay is completed if you decide to do it at check in time!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
I recently returned from a two weeks stay on points. Someone had mentioned trying to pay for a cash upgrade here for some of the same dates and being told it was full. I never received any upgrade e-mails from the resort, in fact, communication via e-mail is not one of their strong points (The Conrad in the Maldives has this fault too). Since I was there so long, and someone mentioned some of my dates were sold out I decided to wait until I got there and see what could be done.

On the boat transfer over I was told I was upgraded as a diamond member to an OWV for my entire stay. I was more than delighted. It had absolutely no views, in fact, it largely looked at the back end of other Villa's, but it was over the water, had direct access to the water and was free. The entire resort is beautiful, the beach and the pool are largely empty and in the end, it was more than enough for me and I did not see any reason to spend any additional money on upgrades.

For those that haven't been here before, look the resort up on satellite view. The mountain is on the other side of the island, the few rooms that get a few of the mountain are ones that can look between the main island and the small island but the mountain is still behind the island that the hotel is on. Don't get me wrong, it's stunning. I wouldn't have paid an extra $15,000 for it though . But we all have different levels of disposable income.

I found some of the breakfast information confusing. People say it's free, some say there is an upgrade fee. Perhaps to make it clear, the diamond (and I assume gold) benefit is the full buffet. It includes eggs, bacon, and other hot items. Some that rotate on a daily basis. It is a very complete and varied buffet. What you pay for is to order something off the menu, such as Eggs Benedict or something.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
What's the best way/time to book this hotel on standard award nights? I have been following and checking weekly and notice sometimes a full month during peak season is available, and other times it's blocked off for the whole year. I have been waiting to pull the trigger until I had enough points for flight (finally!) but now its not showing ANY standard award availablility. I just saw the full month of May and early June available earlier this week.

How did some of you manage to book a whole 2 weeks?!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by flyingsna
What's the best way/time to book this hotel on standard award nights? I have been following and checking weekly and notice sometimes a full month during peak season is available, and other times it's blocked off for the whole year. I have been waiting to pull the trigger until I had enough points for flight (finally!) but now its not showing ANY standard award availablility. I just saw the full month of May and early June available earlier this week.

How did some of you manage to book a whole 2 weeks?!
It's luck of the draw. May opened up during the middle of November, literally wide open until the end of the schedule. Keep checking and you just might get lucky.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:30 pm

Boat to Pearl Beach Resort

hey guys

Anyone know if it would be possible to get a boat between the Conrad and the Pearl Beach Resort? Would it be easier to go via Vaitape?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
I was offered a 50,000 XPF upgrade from Pool OWV to Royal Pool OWV in June 2019.

Do you think #107 or #126 would provide a better mountain view?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
Originally Posted by PirateJeff
I was offered a 50,000 XPF upgrade from Pool OWV to Royal Pool OWV in June 2019.

Also, what are the details on the butler service? I can't seem to find anything on the web, other than that there is one
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by PirateJeff

I dont think you'll even see the mountain from 126. From 107 you'll see it through the channel
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: NZ
Rolled the dice here for one night during a last minute trip right before the holidays (which is trough season in Bora Bora). As a Gold, no upgrade was discussed before or during check in (wasn't even recognised as a gold), and I didn't bother to call in advance (wasn't willing to pay as already did OWV at Conrad Maldives). Despite 18+ OWVs and the Horizon Villas being available, I ended up with a King Garden Villa, which was still a great room (large and beautifully designed) -- but I think those coming here for their first OWV experience and getting "stuck" with these might be disappointed.

I was originally going to spend 3 nights here but after 1 night decided to save the points as I found the Conrad Maldives and Conrad Koh Samui to be significantly better all around. Following this one night stay, I went to the IC Le Moana for two nights, and as a Platinum member, both nights were upgraded to an OWV without asking (Thalasso didn't have last minute availability, but I did take the boat there for a day, which I recommend for the views -- particularly at sunset -- which are significantly better than anything at the Conrad).

In summary, if you're gambling for a free OWV upgrade in Bora Bora, the Conrad may not be the best choice (perhaps better odds if you're a Diamond), though the IC Le Moana was fairly reliable.

Having now been to the Conrads in Bora Bora, Maldives, and Koh Samui, I'd say I'd be most likely to return to the the Conrad Maldives, followed by the Conrad Koh Samui, and wouldn't return to the Conrad Bora Bora. In the Maldives, the OWVs are more private, have better views, and all have plunge pools + if you're stuck with a "base" room there, the beach villas in the Maldives are far superior to the "land" rooms in Bora Bora. Secondly, the breakfast spread in the Maldives was significantly better than in Bora Bora. With the Conrad Bora Bora, while the hard product is modern and nice, the resort is otherwise quite small and boring, and doesn't have the iconic "Bora Bora" views. That said, if you do go, I recommend going up to the Spa for sunset views, which were very nice!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by FirstForTakeoff
Rolled the dice here for one night during a last minute trip right before the holidays (which is trough season in Bora Bora). As a Gold, no upgrade was discussed before or during check in (wasn't even recognised as a gold), and I didn't bother to call in advance (wasn't willing to pay as already did OWV at Conrad Maldives). Despite 18+ OWVs and the Horizon Villas being available, I ended up with a King Garden Villa, which was still a great room (large and beautifully designed) -- but I think those coming here for their first OWV experience and getting "stuck" with these might be disappointed.
Which room did you originally book? Garden view suite? Lagoon view suite? Garden Villa? If as a Gold you booked a suite, then expecting a several category upgrade to OWV would be too optimistic in my humble opinion. If you booked GV then you could have expected a Horizon View Villa, so I can understand the disappointment, but I still do not think in most circumstances you can go from BV to OWV as Gold, let alone from suites to OWV.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:09 pm

Having now been to the Conrads in Bora Bora, Maldives, and Koh Samui, I'd say I'd be most likely to return to the the Conrad Maldives, followed by the Conrad Koh Samui, and wouldn't return to the Conrad Bora Bora. In the Maldives, the OWVs are more private, have better views, and all have plunge pools + if you're stuck with a "base" room there, the beach villas in the Maldives are far superior to the "land" rooms in Bora Bora. Secondly, the breakfast spread in the Maldives was significantly better than in Bora Bora. With the Conrad Bora Bora, while the hard product is modern and nice, the resort is otherwise quite small and boring, and doesn't have the iconic "Bora Bora" views. That said, if you do go, I recommend going up to the Spa for sunset views, which were very nice!
I have been to the all three and completely agree. While BB is a beautiful island, the Conrad is not the right place to experience it. The Conrad's in Koh Samui and Maldives are very close in my mind; Koh Samui has excellent food, beautiful views and a nice island to explore, while the Maldives is a very special place and the underwater restaurant is a fun, one-time gimmick. Definitely avoid the Hilton's in the Seychelles -- it doesn't even come close!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Rolled the dice here for one night during a last minute trip right before the holidays (which is trough season in Bora Bora). As a Gold, no upgrade was discussed before or during check in (wasn't even recognised as a gold), and I didn't bother to call in advance (wasn't willing to pay as already did OWV at Conrad Maldives). Despite 18+ OWVs and the Horizon Villas being available, I ended up with a King Garden Villa, which was still a great room (large and beautifully designed) -- but I think those coming here for their first OWV experience and getting "stuck" with these might be disappointed....

In summary, if you're gambling for a free OWV upgrade in Bora Bora, the Conrad may not be the best choice (perhaps better odds if you're a Diamond), though the IC Le Moana was fairly reliable....
Eh, I think it goes without saying that your odds of an OWV upgrade are better as a Diamond, are there any data points ever of a Gold booking a base room and getting upgraded all the way to a OWV without paying? I'm not aware of any, and at any rate it would be a total longshot so I'm not sure I agree with any disappointment about not receiving a free OWV upgrade. I certainly didn't expect one the first time I visited as a Gold.

If someone is going all the way to Bora Bora for their first OWV experience, then I sure as heck hope they book an OWV, or at least agree to an upgrade price!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Which room did you originally book? Garden view suite? Lagoon view suite? Garden Villa? If as a Gold you booked a suite, then expecting a several category upgrade to OWV would be too optimistic in my humble opinion. If you booked GV then you could have expected a Horizon View Villa, so I can understand the disappointment, but I still do not think in most circumstances you can go from BV to OWV as Gold, let alone from suites to OWV.
Booked the Garden Suite which is the standard room available for an 80k points redemption. What I ended up with (Garden Villa) is in theory a double upgrade. I was happy with the room, but can see someone who came all this was hoping for a free OWV upgrade would be disappointed. If you're after a free OWV, better odds at Le Moana, or book it outright at the Thalasso if you can find availability (which isn't impossible).

All things considered, I'm glad I didn't pay for the upgrade at the Conrad Bora Bora, but still got to enjoy the property. The OWVs at the Conrad Maldives and at the IC Thalasso are way nicer in my view, and those don't require a cash upgrade, making it an even sweeter deal.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Eh, I think it goes without saying that your odds of an OWV upgrade are better as a Diamond, are there any data points ever of a Gold booking a base room and getting upgraded all the way to a OWV without paying? I'm not aware of any, and at any rate it would be a total longshot so I'm not sure I agree with any disappointment about not receiving a free OWV upgrade. I certainly didn't expect one the first time I visited as a Gold.

If someone is going all the way to Bora Bora for their first OWV experience, then I sure as heck hope they book an OWV, or at least agree to an upgrade price!
Wasn't expecting one and wasn't willing to pay for one (had done OWV for free at Conrad Maldives), just wanted to provide a Gold data point during off season. Seems the Conrad doesn't hand out upgrades as liberally as the Le Moana, which upgraded me to an OWV for free without asking as a Platinum.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:23 pm

Also an update on the Vaitape shuttle for those looking to arrive early in the morning. The first published departure from Vaitape to the Conrad is at 11am, though there is an inbound shuttle from the Conrad to Vaitape at 8am. I met this arriving boat at Robert Wan Pier at 8:07am and they were happy to take me to the property to check in / eat breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.