Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:42 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goliath
I assume you mean "to our Deluxe WV"?
Yes it's now corrected, thanks for pointing out the error.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Hey there MaldivesFreak, we just went with the flow and just let things be. Our first three nights was in the Deluxe BV - very nice hard product and beach access. Today we moved, very seamlessly to our Deluxe WV Spent a lot of time hoping for a good Superior WV (as you know not all views and privacy are the same) so it was a welcome surprise that we moved into a Deluxe WV instead ^
Excellent news! Now, having stayed in both, would you prefer an OWV then a BV or doing it in the order you are now? And which DWV did you get?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:25 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Excellent news! Now, having stayed in both, would you prefer an OWV then a BV or doing it in the order you are now? And which DWV did you get?
We are torn between the DWV and DBV, they are both equally good in their own ways and will be happy with either in the future. Although we are here for 7 nights, we can see why 7 nights is still too short **hint hint to those who are planning to come here - you should stay > 7 nights ** . In terms of order, it would be pretty negligible for us as these villas are equally good and we wouldn't mind which came first. We are in villa 346.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
**hint hint to those who are planning to come here - you should stay > 7 nights **
So, a month?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:55 pm

A couple of years ago I was told by the Director of Rooms that, from the folks who could stay longer than a week, 2 weeks was the predominantly preferred length of stay. Personally I could do a month no problem and plan to do just that at the end of next year. I think it will stretch out to 35 nights as we are taking family for at least 5 and I want at least a month there for the two of us.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 3, 2017 at 9:54 pm
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: points traveller
A couple of years ago I was told by the Director of Rooms that, from the folks who could stay longer than a week, 2 weeks was the predominantly preferred length of stay. Personally I could do a month no problem and plan to do just that at the end of next year. I think it will stretch out to 35 nights as we are taking family for at least 5 and I want at least a month there for the two of us.
if your pockets are deep enough to afford a month there, why not try other resorts too?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:34 pm

The stay will be on points.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: points traveller
that's still a fair bit of $ in food/ day even assuming you don't drink?

btw - keen to know how to manufacture that many points too!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:04 pm

Over 2.5m Honors points! You must live at a Hilton.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:35 pm

Yeah, 2.66 to be exact. Been accumulating these points over the last few years and got less than 100K to earn. Just hope Hilton doesn't devalue everything before I make the bookings.....

As for actual cash outlay, it's going to cost about 30K for flights, upgrade to FWV for the first 5 nights, F&B, spa treatments, watersports, excursions etc so it's not going to be cheap anyway. Really hoping to have at least my account minimum Gold for the first 20 days so breakfast is comped. We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
that's still a fair bit of $ in food/ day even assuming you don't drink?

btw - keen to know how to manufacture that many points too!
Yes, we don't drink so no $ wasted there (and no chance of more than 50+ alcohol-related cancers either ^). As far as points go, as you probably know Hilton is really generous with their promos and with Diamond and Points & Points as the earning style you are earning double right off the bat. If we lived in the US and had a Hilton card we would've done this upcoming stay last year or even the year before. Seriously disappointing how US users can have this advantage but pretty much the ROTW is left to do it the hard way. There are a couple of other countries where you can now apply for a Hilton card but this is only a recent thing and the points you can earn are pitiful compared to the US cards.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Aug 4, 2017 at 12:34 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:58 am

Really hoping to have at least my account minimum Gold
If we lived in the US and had a Hilton card
I feel for ya. I don't know that we would have chosen CMRI if we weren't Diamond. What are the CC options like where you live?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:27 am

Non-existent unfortunately. I've been living in Mainland China for more than a decade so no way out I'm afraid.

As for breakfast, it's $92.40 per day so it'll cost $3234 for the two of us for 35 days if both our accounts aren't elite status and $1386 if the account that we do 20 days on is at least Gold. Not looking forward to forking out that much if I can avoid it.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:53 pm

Non-existent unfortunately. I've been living in Mainland China for more than a decade so no way out I'm afraid.

As for breakfast, it's $92.40 per day so it'll cost $3234 for the two of us for 35 days if both our accounts aren't elite status and $1386 if the account that we do 20 days on is at least Gold. Not looking forward to forking out that much if I can avoid it.
http://www.americanexpress.com.cn/personal-card/
Amex Platinum cards in China do offer Hilton gold status.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hey, Maldives Freak! I assume you know that there is a 100k base point limit on points. I'm thinking about 15 or 16 nights next time, but I'm going to book one night in my dive buddy's name so I'll get all my points. (Unless Hilton has changed its terms and conditions since last I looked.) Between my nights at the Conrad Bangkok on my way there and Conrad Singapore on the return in Feb this year, I reached Diamond through March 2019 on that trip.

Even tho the coral has really died and some of my favorite staff has departed, I still love the Rangali.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:32 pm

Just arrived yesterday-Friday Rangali time/day. Glad to be here again. So far, everything has been very good. Nice to see so so many of the staff - like seeing old friends and getting caught up. The people really make this resort (for us at least). Staying in DWV and SVW - fortunate enough to receive 2d and 1st room requests, respectively. Dinner at Mandhoo (our favorite) was delightful. Any FTer's around Rangali? Vilu happy hour?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.