Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Not being flippant, it's just never a concern/worry. It can happen anywhere. Certainly won't keep me from continuing to come back.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond
F&B

Just seen a Facebook post of Prabu's leaving do... Think many of us regulars out there will miss him.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 9:51 pm

Terrible news. He will be sorely missed.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:26 am

Hi all,

We were quoted $290+tax for an upgrade to WV, and $350+tax to SWV on our late Feb/early March 2018 trip. Any tips on getting a better offer?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:06 am

Unlikely. You're already at/near the lowest of the rates (which are mentioned in the wiki). You can check out my 'Guidelines For Paid Upgrades' post linked in my sig just below this text for one or two tips which might help.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:27 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
So we are exactly a month out from arriving and have confirmed our upgrade from the BV to SWV at a cost of $140++ per night. We have only upgraded for the first three nights out of the seven nights we are there. We are more than OK to move to a BV on the last 4 nights as we enjoyed staying on the beach rather than over the water on our trip to Bora Bora last October.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Unlikely. You're already at/near the lowest of the rates (which are mentioned in the wiki). You can check out my 'Guidelines For Paid Upgrades' post linked in my sig just below this text for one or two tips which might help.
You mention it may be possible to negotiate upgrade price by agreeing to pay up front? Does that mean it's possible to pay for the upgrade early? I have a bunch of Barclay points I want to redeem before my AF hits so being able to pay for the upgrade fee early would be great. And using that to negotiate a lower rate would be even better!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alanslegal
So we are exactly a month out from arriving and have confirmed our upgrade from the BV to SWV at a cost of $140++ per night. We have only upgraded for the first three nights out of the seven nights we are there. We are more than OK to move to a BV on the last 4 nights as we enjoyed staying on the beach rather than over the water on our trip to Bora Bora last October.
$140 is a good deal for BV-SWV. I got $150.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by captainamerica
You mention it may be possible to negotiate upgrade price by agreeing to pay up front? Does that mean it's possible to pay for the upgrade early? I have a bunch of Barclay points I want to redeem before my AF hits so being able to pay for the upgrade fee early would be great. And using that to negotiate a lower rate would be even better!
Sure. They will send you a credit card payment form. It will be in PDF format which you have to sign electronically. Either you pay that way or you can TT the funds into their bank account. I have no idea how using Barclay points would work. Naturally if rates are already low the chances of a price negotiation may be somewhat lower.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Since we're going to be there over the same time frame should I complain about getting quoted $147 and ask for $7 off? That may get me two more sodas while I'm there.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by lizs
Since we're going to be there over the same time frame should I complain about getting quoted $147 and ask for $7 off? That may get me two more sodas while I'm there.
2 more sodas?

Good luck with that.

1 diet coke from the mini bar is $7++
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:14 pm

For $70++ a night, yeah. $7++ a night, ummm.....well..... And you'll only get less than one for that, LOL.

Speaking of the price of coke, sprite and whatnot. The price listed is $7++ but for some reason it appears as $7.61* on the final bill instead of $8.62. Weird.

* I think that's correct. If not, it's only a few cents either way.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
For $70++ a night, yeah. $7++ a night, ummm.....well..... And you'll only get less than one for that, LOL.

Speaking of the price of coke, sprite and whatnot. The price listed is $7++ but for some reason it appears as $7.61* on the final bill instead of $8.62. Weird.

* I think that's correct. If not, it's only a few cents either way.
I was joking of course about emailing the Conrad but good info nonetheless on soda prices . At those prices I'll just pay a couple dollars more and stick to the beer!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by lizs
I was joking of course about emailing the Conrad but good info nonetheless on soda prices . At those prices I'll just pay a couple dollars more and stick to the beer!
This is what a $27++ "salad" looked like, until it was taken off the bill. Embarrassing.

https://ibb.co/jN8Sk5
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
This is what a $27++ "salad" looked like, until it was taken off the bill. Embarrassing.

https://ibb.co/jN8Sk5
Oh my. That is bad. That's what you'd expect to get from Sun Island or Paradise Island or whatever. How on earth did that make it to your table?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.