Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Ames Boston Curio Collection {US-MA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold

I frequently check my October Boston res to see if there are any price drops, and this popped up today. Better location for our trip, hope it is indeed ready on time. Anyone stayed there as the current Ames Boston?

http://curiocollection3.hilton.com/e...UQQ/index.html
Old May 6, 2016, 1:28 am
Original Poster

That's odd...it seems to have completely vanished from the Hilton website. I wonder if someone leaked something a little too soon and I just caught it during that brief period?
Old May 6, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
That's odd...it seems to have completely vanished from the Hilton website. I wonder if someone leaked something a little too soon and I just caught it during that brief period?
Strange. I saw it too and it looked like quite a nice property. Hopefully it's a case of releasing too soon and not something falling through.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:55 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I'm going to assume that it was just posted too soon? Based on the pages that have been pulled, but that are still accessible via Google's cache, this property is supposed to join in August.

It'll definitely be nice to have another option in downtown Boston-- particularly a nicer option. The room rates may be sky high at the Back Bay property at times, but the physical plant itself is quite inferior, IMHO, compared to many of the other options in the city under competing flags.

The Ames opened as a Morgans Hotel but has been independent for the last few years.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond BA Blue
Yes I noticed that too. I was looking at Boston hotels Wednesday evening and it was showing coming soon, checked back Thursday morning and it had vanished.

Looks a nice property
Old May 6, 2016, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

We're currently booked at the Hilton Faneuil Hall on points so unless the Ames come in at higher levels (higher than 70,000 ) I'd switch - the Ames is much closer to 2 T stops and a better location to "play tourist" in Boston.
Old May 6, 2016, 12:26 pm

We're currently booked at the Hilton Faneuil Hall on points so unless the Ames come in at higher levels (higher than 70,000 ) I'd switch - the Ames is much closer to 2 T stops and a better location to "play tourist" in Boston.
When I opened the Hotel page it was classed as category 8 therefore 40- 70k.
My guess it would be 70k per night
Old May 6, 2016, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

That would be great, now let's hope it opens on time!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:20 pm

It has reappeared again allegedly opening in August as before
Old Jun 2, 2016, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by russ1h
Yes, I saw that (since I obsessively check all my HH reservations) .

The one thing that concerns me is the "noise" complaints (old building, busy part of the city, single-paned glass).

While the Ames would be in a better location, I'm wondering if I'm better served just staying at the Hilton Faneuil Hall as planned??
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by russ1h
It is now saying accepting reservations from November 23rd
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The one thing that concerns me is the "noise" complaints (old building, busy part of the city, single-paned glass).
The Ames isn't really in a noisy part of the city, and the building faces the street on only one side. Not to mention that Boston is pretty dead overnight in general.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Well, it's moot anyway since we're going in October. However, I have never seen a hotel that actually says right on their reservation pages that they provide sound machines (this is on the new Hilton website for the hotel). I take that warning quite seriously. While Boston might be "dead" in terms of the financial district closing, there are plenty of bars around, plenty of noisy tourists, and I've even read that you can feel/hear the subway rumbling underneath the building.

While some can sleep through anything this is a red flag for me.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Jun 10, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:04 pm

Hi all

Looking for some advice My parents are coming over from the UK to visit us in in the USA.

They're in Boston for 1 night, Diamond members.

Which hotel would you suggest? The Curio Collection or the Hilton Faneuil Hall? I've not seen much comparison here between the two.

They've been to Boston briefly a couple of times before, and we'll walk them around the sights.

Old Jan 14, 2017, 4:19 pm

Booked Ames for Jan 21

I'm familiar and have stayed at all the Boston hotels. I tend to bounce between Back Bay and Financial District. Just booked Ames for next Sat, 1/21, night. Will report back. I'm diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.