FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Honors Discount Launches at 4,500 Properties Worldwide (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1746804-honors-discount-launches-4-500-properties-worldwide.html)

Hilton Honors Ambassador Feb 16, 16 6:12 am

Honors Discount Launches at 4,500 Properties Worldwide
 
Hi all,

Over the past few months, you may have noticed a discount for HHonors members being offered at select properties for stays booked directly through Hilton channels. Iím excited to share that we will now be offering this exclusive discount to ALL HHonors members, every day, as long as they book directly with us, at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide. Members will also continue to receive instant benefits like free Wi-Fi, HHonors Points and digital check-in with room selection, along with all the other perks of being an HHonors member that most of you already enjoy. All HHonors members have access to the discount every day for any of our properties around the world, with the exception of bookings made for hotels in Mainland China, including Hong Kong, Taiwan or and Macau.

As always, Iím here for your questions, thoughts and feedback, so keep them coming my way.

Thank you!
Lauren

dave1013 Feb 16, 16 7:18 am

Lauren, thanks for the update. Is there a list of participating hotels? If so, how does one access it?

Many thanks

amanuensis Feb 16, 16 7:22 am

My employer just switched to requiring Concur to be used for all bookings. Is there a way to comply with this and still get the Hhonors discount?

beltway Feb 16, 16 7:26 am


Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 26192738)
we will now be offering this exclusive discount to ALL HHonors members, every day, as long as they book directly with us, at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide

As of yesterday, there were 4,676 Hilton properties. Who are the holdouts?

bamboola Feb 16, 16 7:37 am

Is there a Hilton-branded hotel in Taiwan? And are you implying that Taiwan is part of China? NOT politically correct. :confused:


Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 26192738)
Hi all,

All HHonors members have access to the discount every day for any of our properties around the world, with the exception of bookings made for hotels in Mainland China, including Hong Kong, Taiwan or and Macau.

Thank you!
Lauren


aww3583 Feb 16, 16 7:45 am

lol another "promotion" from Hilton...

I have stayed at the same hotel, 2-3 weeks per month, for the past 6 months. Every time, without fail, the room rate was $109. Regardless of day of the week, regardless of how far booked in advance, $109. Like clockwork.

I just looked at booking for my next two trips. The room rate is now $114 and the new HHonors discount brings it down to $111.

It's like an outlet mall. Mark up the prices and put them "on sale" back to their original prices. :td:

cblaisd Feb 16, 16 7:51 am

Just re-checked a reservation for next month. $125 with the new discount; $103 with MVP rate.

jeffandnicole Feb 16, 16 8:31 am

Based on what I'm reading, maybe it's time to start rethinking my credit cards and steer clear of ones that get me hotel points. What's the point of continuing to use a hotel that raises prices in an attempt to make it appear that I'm getting a discount?

sdsearch Feb 16, 16 9:23 am


Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative (Post 26192738)
at more than 4,500 hotels worldwide.


Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26193052)
As of yesterday, there were 4,676 Hilton properties. Who are the holdouts?

Uh, 4676 is "more than 4,500", isn't it? So who said there were any holdouts? It's just rounding, and admitted as such.

StayingHomeIsBetter Feb 16, 16 9:50 am


Originally Posted by aww3583 (Post 26193132)
lol another "promotion" from Hilton...

I have stayed at the same hotel, 2-3 weeks per month, for the past 6 months. Every time, without fail, the room rate was $109. Regardless of day of the week, regardless of how far booked in advance, $109. Like clockwork.

I just looked at booking for my next two trips. The room rate is now $114 and the new HHonors discount brings it down to $111.

It's like an outlet mall. Mark up the prices and put them "on sale" back to their original prices. :td:

CDG Hilton, in early July... Currently held reservation: 116 Euro. Base rate today: 129 Euro. With HH discount: 116 Euro.

UKOK Feb 16, 16 10:11 am

This is death for finding BRG deals.

azepine00 Feb 16, 16 11:22 am

Note for those not familiar with the program - this a laughable bogus "discount" that is created solely for the purpose of marketing. Based on my experience you are likely to find better rates without it. YMMV of course.

NoStressHere Feb 16, 16 11:30 am


Originally Posted by amanuensis (Post 26193032)
My employer just switched to requiring Concur to be used for all bookings. Is there a way to comply with this and still get the Hhonors discount?

Sometimes these "corporate deals" are not always the best. If you can get a better rate, then you should point it out to your boss and try to book it.

beltway Feb 16, 16 11:41 am


Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 26193647)
Uh, 4676 is "more than 4,500", isn't it? So who said there were any holdouts? It's just rounding, and admitted as such.

Any normal person/organization would round 4676 to "more than 4600" or "nearly 4700." The question is a fair (and obvious) one.

sdsearch Feb 16, 16 1:03 pm


Originally Posted by beltway (Post 26194314)
Any normal person/organization would round 4676 to "more than 4600" or "nearly 4700." The question is a fair (and obvious) one.

I would think they don't want to have to change the language on the promo soon, whether they deflag 77 hotels next month (putting it under 4600) or add 25 hotels next month (putting it over 4700). So IMHO it would actually be foolish for them to be a specific as you suggest.

However, I would suggest that it would have been clearer if they had simply said "at all of our over 4500 hotels".


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:12 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.