Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH - Diamond BA - Blue
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing {GBR}

I've just noticed this appear on hilton.com when serching for Edinburgh.
Not sure if it will be rebranding, or just staying as The Queensferry Hotel - I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!

I've not stayed at this hotel, but the setting should offer nice views of the bridge and river.
Will be very handy for a night away as we live locally

Currently down as HHonors Reward Category:4

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in October 2015."

Hotels current website: http://www.queensferryfifehotel.co.uk/
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:01 pm

I was at a Christmas bash here last year and there has been a considerable amount of money spent on it. Two years ago it was a complete mess when we were there.

Cracking views of the Forth just now but by the looks of things the road alignment for the new bridge is going to be considerably nearer the hotel than the current one is.

It's owned by the Cairn Group who also manage the DT Newcastle Airport. If it's anywhere near as good as that one it will be a welcome addition.

IIRC there was planning permission to extend the hotel by around eighty rooms although I'm not sure if that is still going ahead or not.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 4:05 pm
cjd

Noticed that the website states: The Queensferry Hotel is an affiliate hotel. This hotel will be joining DoubleTree by Hilton following a full renovation in Spring 2016. Not sure what that means. Possibly no Hhonors points benefits from October this year until next Spring?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrism20
I was at a Christmas bash here last year and there has been a considerable amount of money spent on it. Two years ago it was a complete mess when we were there.

It's owned by the Cairn Group who also manage the DT Newcastle Airport. If it's anywhere near as good as that one it will be a welcome addition.

IIRC there was planning permission to extend the hotel by around eighty rooms although I'm not sure if that is still going ahead or not.
Interesting to hear that.
DT Newcastle Airport of one of the best DT I've stayed at in the UK, so hopefully the HHonours treatment and general standard us up with DT Newcastle.
They should open a Fratellos there

If Spring 2016 is the expected date it will probably just be simple room refurbs? I would guess an 80 room extension would take longer than that.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:06 pm

Mmm Fratello's would be really nice.

It's good to see another Hilton option in Scotland though.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Looks like this is going live very soon...

Some good looking Winter Sale rates loaded.
Points rates aren't too bad either.

...will need to give it a try

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival December 2, 2015 and beyond."

Last edited by lifetimeblue; Dec 16, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Old Nov 18, 2015, 4:57 pm

My works Christmas night out is here again this year and I'll be staying on the 20th December.

I'll try and get some pictures etc if I get a refurbed room.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know what the deal with with earning points/receiving status benefits at the hotel since it is currently an affiliate hotel?

Thinking of going in early December.

The two messages on the hotel website at the moment doesn't really say either way.

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival December 2, 2015 and beyond."

"The Queensferry Hotel is an affiliate hotel. This hotel will be joining DoubleTree by Hilton following a full renovation in Spring 2016."
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

I emailed the hotel with the above query who confirmed status benefits and points should be given on stays booked after 2nd December 2015 which is when they were switching over to Hilton's booking system.

Have a room booked for tomorrow night (a KING DELUXE ROOM WITH RIVER VIEW).
Will post here how we get on with some photos.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
I emailed the hotel with the above query who confirmed status benefits and points should be given on stays booked after 2nd December 2015 which is when they were switching over to Hilton's booking system.

Have a room booked for tomorrow night (a KING DELUXE ROOM WITH RIVER VIEW).
Will post here how we get on with some photos.
Any good?
I imagine it might be a lot quieter with the Bridge shut?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adobbing
Any good?
I imagine it might be a lot quieter with the Bridge shut?
It was good, really impressed with the rooms. They are very nice, high spec. Better than most Hilton rooms I've been in Scotland at least.
Still a lot of work to do on the rest of the hotel, and in some other areas relating to the switch over and service, but it is defiantly the making of a very good Doubletree.

Will put a full review and photos up shortly. Damn work is keeping me too busy
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by lifetimeblue
It was good, really impressed with the rooms. They are very nice, high spec. Better than most Hilton rooms I've been in Scotland at least.
Still a lot of work to do on the rest of the hotel, and in some other areas relating to the switch over and service, but it is defiantly the making of a very good Doubletree.

Will put a full review and photos up shortly. Damn work is keeping me too busy
Sounds good, I may try early next year, hopefully by then the bridge will be open again!
Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

A couple of quick photos, will get the rest up when I have a chance.

Last edited by lifetimeblue; Dec 16, 2015 at 2:21 pm Reason: Fixing photos ;)
Old Dec 25, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotels site says it has a direct bus to the airport but Google suggests you need to change and a 1hr journey. Not very good. On many dates the Grosvenor is very closely priced to this property.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:21 am

Can anyone confirm that stays here are now earning points and stay/night credits?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.