Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol {NLD} (new hotel in 2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 6:43 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

How are beds here soft medium or firm ?
I like the Hilton beds in the US typically
Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Tizzette
It is a problem that US to European arrivals are 6 or 8 or 10 AM when you are dead on your feet from the overnight flight. Naturally I'd rather check in early for free, but I would rather pay something extra to be sure of getting a room at 8 AM than get a run around waiting for a room to be ready, or even have to pay for the night before as I have had to do elsewhere. Their regular 2 PM check in time is earlier than most.
Do they guarantee availability of early check-in if you're willing to pay the 40 EUR, or just charge it if the room is available at that time?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 10:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: 1
Can't come soon enough
Old Apr 21, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by sethb
Do they guarantee availability of early check-in if you're willing to pay the 40 EUR, or just charge it if the room is available at that time?
I am pretty sure this is on request at check in, so you get charged regardless for an early check in.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
How are beds here soft medium or firm ?
I like the Hilton beds in the US typically
Thanks
The Serta Perfect Sleeper-kind, just like in the US.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 5:12 pm

Stayed here last week. Lots of thoughts, most of them good.

Property is attached to the airport, which is why we picked it. (With a 7am flight, I wasn't interested in dealing with a shuttle, taxi, or transit at oh-dark-thirty.) It's about a 10-minute walk from the terminal building, so convenient enough, although I did find myself eyeing the Sheraton (about 3 mins from terminal) enviously.

First impressions
The building is an eye-popper inside and out. Most people won't ever see the outside, but the criss-cross/diamond window pattern makes itself felt inside the rooms (the ones facing outward, anyway). The atrium's clean lines and light make it very appealing, although the upper floors probably aren't for acrophobics.

Check-in
No line & no wait. (The hotel seemed pretty quiet overall.) FDC--friendly & efficient--acknowledged my Gold status & advised that we'd been upgraded to an Exec Lounge floor, so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Note: we arrived around 6pm, so didn't run into any issues with early check-in fee.

Room
gav0106's review in post 67 gives a good summary. I'd add:
  • The room felt a little small--not Paris/NYC small, but still--although I give it an A+ for efficient use of space & good layout.
  • Bathroom was excellent, especially the capacious glass-enclosed shower.
  • Room was spic & span, and fixtures/finish all in excellent condition. The bloom is not off this rose yet by a long way.
  • I did note the lack of an in-room luggage rack & remarked on this in the review solicited online. This strikes me as a no-brainer for an airport hotel.
  • Bed was comfortable. AC worked perfectly. And unlike some commenters upthread, we heard essentially no aircraft noise at all--hats off to whoever designed the soundproofing.

Gym/Pool/Lounge/Restaurant
Used only the Exec Lounge; see review here.

Miscellaneous
On a one-night stay, so can't comment on housekeeping beyond finding the room in great shape on arrival.

Elevators are plentiful (4) and fast. Card scan required to access guest floors was effortless & well marked.

Overall
I'd give this property a solid A. One quibble is the limited food offerings in the lounge 6pm-8pm (see review linked above), but it's a minor blemish. For 40K points, I got a great night's rest and an easy start to a long day of travel back to the US.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold
The breakfast buffet is tremendous. When I was there it was overrun with students on some sort of sponsored trip. But no complaints about the rest of the experience.

Bed is comfortable, shower is fantastic. Lobby bartenders are a hoot.

This is an excellent property. The connected walkway to the airport makes it a no-brainer anytime you are flying out of Schipol.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Stayed on business (with spouse and toddler) for a week and was thoroughly satisfied with the quality and service of the property. Our group of 20+ had to stay here as we were unable to secure enough rooms at the Hilton in the city center. Was a bit worried as my experience at airport hotels has not been that good, but this was a welcome surprise.

As mentioned, access from the airport terminal is convenient and could even push the airport trolleys all the way up to the check-in desk. Access to public transport is also extremely convenient. Lobby bar was very good and they have an extensive gin collection and offered a great gin tasting experience. Our room faced outward but did not hear any plane/road noise at night.

Would recommend and happily stay here again.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
So...a few questions

1. I have Gold status...does that help/allow for an early check-in?
2. Again, with Gold status, what has everyone's experience been with upgrades?
3. Lounge access with Gold ?
4. Free breakfast with Gold?

Finally...how close to the train to go into town?

As always, thanks for your responses.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:10 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
1. In theory yes you are allowed, email the hotel before and see what they answer
3. Only if upgraded to Executive room
4. Yes, available in the restaurant

10 minutes walking from hotel to Schiphol train station, covered all the way.
flying chef likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by beltway
For 40K points, I got a great night's rest and an easy start to a long day
Points redemptions might have changed since your review, but I am seeing 60k at this time. Sounds like a nice hotel and all, but for a quick overnight without the opportunity to use the lounge it does not seem to be a screaming deal anymore.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Points redemptions might have changed since your review, but I am seeing 60k at this time. Sounds like a nice hotel and all, but for a quick overnight without the opportunity to use the lounge it does not seem to be a screaming deal anymore.
My advice: keep checking. The award cost for the same room/date fluctuated—granted, never as high as 60K—when I was planning that trip, so you shouldn’t assume it can’t go lower.

EDIT: I just skimmed through the award calendar. The lowest rate seems to be 37K (early March), and while many nights in 2019 start at 60K, there’s pretty abundant availability at 40K in late July & August, which is when I happened to pass through.

Last edited by beltway; Jan 22, 2019 at 5:21 pm
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Reward rates

Originally Posted by beltway
My advice: keep checking. The award cost for the same room/date fluctuated—granted, never as high as 60K—when I was planning that trip, so you shouldn’t assume it can’t go lower.

EDIT: I just skimmed through the award calendar. The lowest rate seems to be 37K (early March), and while many nights in 2019 start at 60K, there’s pretty abundant availability at 40K in late July & August, which is when I happened to pass through.
I was able to get one night @57K and 2 nights@37K, ( 2 x double beds) so I think I'm good. Hoping to be upgraded since I'm Gold
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:25 pm

I had a recent stay here. (Diamond). It was after a TATL. I booked this quite late and hence only consulted FT after check in. To be honest if I had read FT beforehand I would have probably booked the Sheraton AMS. This relates to how the hotel has reportedly handled guests who check in early.

Well i I presented myself for check in at around 09:30. No mention of the fact I was checking in early and no charge for this. In fact (probably due to tiredness) I forgot that I was checking in early and hence didn’t even mention it until later in the process.

The quite pleasant agent first corrected my error in booking without much fuss. I had booked the following day in error. I was also given a card which let me select an ‘experience’ free of charge. The card mentioned ‘Loyalty’ but no specific elite level. The options were
1. A drink in the bar
2. Free parking on first night
3. 15% discount in bar
4. Four items free from mini-bar
5. Donation to local charity

I had an ‘upgrade’ to an executive room. To be honest I couldn’t care less what room I was getting so far I could get to sleep in the morning. I was given an inner/atrium facing room. I did visit the executive lounge the morning of arrival for breakfast - on recommendation from the front desk agent. (breakfast on a plane is not my thing). As mentioned earlier Dia/ Gold breakfast can be taken in the restaurant but I didn’t avail myself of this the next morning.

It was a quick (typical airport hotel) stay which I was happy with. I will return here.

View from exec lounge

Fair sized walk-in

Exec lounge hours

Exec lounge

kirkwoodj and wizla like this.

Last edited by kilo; Apr 5, 2019 at 8:34 pm
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:16 pm

Sadly I've dropped from Gold to a Silver status member. What benefits can I expect upon check-in other than bottled water ? Any chances of early check-in or room upgrade based on this status ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.