Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Fast Track to Gold (4 stays in 90 days) - does an Honors reward stay count?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track to Gold (4 stays in 90 days) - does an Honors reward stay count?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I don't believe this is true any longer. Another poster who is currently Silver asked about being Gold during his Diamond challenge. He was told he remains the status he earned and will receive a status change (Diamond) ONLY upon completion of the challenge. They no longer give any temporary status. The poster also confirmed that his status did NOT change during his challenge period.

If you read thru some of these threads, you can prb see why. Many ppl game the system by getting free Gold while "doing" the challenge w/o really trying to complete it. It looks like Hilton has closed this loophole.
Maybe a destinction against mature HH members, versus HH members signing up as new HH members to take fast-trak challenge ?
Fast-trak requestors with no HH history get temp Gold to encourage the swap, whilst existing HH members are stuck at current level during their challenges?

Agreed HH are somewhat on the ball. You can't do HH-D fast-trak challenge in 10 1night stays, with a match from an unearned Hotel Status to get 23months HHD with no intention to renew if done in January at start of a HH year.

HH sensibly check you have stay history with competitor that will allow you to requal the next year. If too few history stays you may get HH-G fast-trak offer instead of HH-D as Gold is easier to maintain.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:28 am
Original Poster

So... an update, and a slightly OT question:

I will have completed my fourth stay by next week, checking out on Thursday 1st May, which should mean that I am back to gold from that date onwards.

My next booking is for Saturday 3rd May, and (for once) it's a leisure booking. Therefore I'd like to make sure that I am recognised as Gold before that date so I can take advantage of the appropriate benefits. Do you think that the system will have 'caught up' within 48 hours to reflect my new status, or should I contact HHonors before arrival to ensure that I don't have any problems?

Thanks as ever for your help and advice.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by exBAres
So... an update, and a slightly OT question:

I will have completed my fourth stay by next week, checking out on Thursday 1st May, which should mean that I am back to gold from that date onwards.

My next booking is for Saturday 3rd May, and (for once) it's a leisure booking. Therefore I'd like to make sure that I am recognised as Gold before that date so I can take advantage of the appropriate benefits. Do you think that the system will have 'caught up' within 48 hours to reflect my new status, or should I contact HHonors before arrival to ensure that I don't have any problems?

Thanks as ever for your help and advice.
Your 4th Hilton stay needs to post to your account first before your fast-trak HH-G trial completion can be processed Although my UK stays always post pending the day after a checkout, other stays can take longer to appear on an account (also maybe Franchises take longer than Hilton's own 'owned' hotels)

I recently reached HH-D with a stay in April. Pending stay credit entry on my account showed the day after checkout, and next day HH-D flagged on account. I was not planning another stay right then, but I was keeping an eye on my status.

Checkout 1st/May , means account pending if lucky on 2nd May and HH-G showing on 3rd May, your next next checkin day. That is very tight timeline, no leeway absolute minimum so I would not rely on it.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:49 pm

Can someone elaborate on the diamond challenge? Who do I have to email to get the diamond challenge and is this something they normally give out to anyone? Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by tony7kp
Can someone elaborate on the diamond challenge? Who do I have to email to get the diamond challenge and is this something they normally give out to anyone? Thanks.
Review this thread (start at the end and work your way forward):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...challenge+fast
Old May 19, 2014, 8:44 am

Can anyone please confirm that reservation of cash+points counts towards this fast track? I'm planning to do 4 cash+points stay, is that possible?
Old May 19, 2014, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Can anyone please confirm that reservation of cash+points counts towards this fast track? I'm planning to do 4 cash+points stay, is that possible?
They should, as Hilton does not differentiate between award (which is what cash + points are) and "paid" stays.
Old May 19, 2014, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
They should, as Hilton does not differentiate between award (which is what cash + points are) and "paid" stays.
Differeniate for what purpose???

Hilton treats award nights differently for different purposes!

They count toward elite status just like paid nights.

But paid nights count toward earning base points, and award night don't. So clearly there's an example of Hilton differntiating between them!

How Hilton treats award nights with respect to status qualificaiton has nothing to do with how it treats them with respect to any particular "fast track" offer!

So do you have evidence that Hilton does not differentiate between award and paid stays for any and all fast track offers???
Old May 19, 2014, 8:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I did the challenge in 2012 and one of my four stays was indeed an award stay. I've been Gold since ^
Old May 20, 2014, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I did the challenge in 2012 and one of my four stays was indeed an award stay. I've been Gold since ^
But I did a challenge a few years ago and it posted me to Gold after just 3 stays? So with just that data point, how can you know that it didn't simply give you Gold after 3 (paid) stays, instead of requiring 4 stays and counting the award stay?

(Back when I got it after just 3 stays, there were definitely no award stays involved.)
Old May 20, 2014, 1:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But I did a challenge a few years ago and it posted me to Gold after just 3 stays? So with just that data point, how can you know that it didn't simply give you Gold after 3 (paid) stays, instead of requiring 4 stays and counting the award stay?

(Back when I got it after just 3 stays, there were definitely no award stays involved.)
A fair question, especially as the award stay was #3 out of 4. Though when I had first did the challenge in 2007 it took four paid stays before it showed up. So who knows?
Old May 21, 2014, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I can confirm that, at least in October '13, a Cash + Points stay counted towards a Gold Challenge. I had Stay #4 as Cash + Points at the DT Chicago Wood Dale on a 3 night stay at ($50 + 4000 points)/per night rate and it posted just like any other stay and finished up my challenge.

I told the FDC that I would make Gold on that stay and she even extended Gold benefits to me (Breakfast cert, upgrade to a King Suite). It didn't hurt that there were some final stage renovations going on and the property was fairly empty (even though I never saw any of the work going on and wouldn't have known if I hadn't been told).
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
I can confirm that, at least in October '13, a Cash + Points stay counted towards a Gold Challenge. I had Stay #4 as Cash + Points at the DT Chicago Wood Dale on a 3 night stay at ($50 + 4000 points)/per night rate and it posted just like any other stay and finished up my challenge.
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have a recent example (2017) of this still being true-- that Cash and Points stays count toward a) status and b) challenges?
thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone have a recent example (2017) of this still being true-- that Cash and Points stays count toward a) status and b) challenges?
thanks in advance.
In 2016 I had 2 stay challenge, one of them was cash+points at Conrad Singapore and the other was a cash stay at Double Tree Jakarta. Get the gold status after that
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
In April, I was offered a 5 stay (since when did HHonors up that from 4 stays) challenge to get from Silver to Gold... having dropped from Diamond. HH said that they don't do soft landings anymore.

But I received two separate emails. One gave me a deadline till 30th June, and another offered me 90 days from April 4th. Which one holds true? I will write to Honors to find out. Meanwhile I will have done 4 by 22nd June and will do a cash+points stay before June 30th if need be.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Jun 11, 2017 at 2:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.