FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Square footage of rooms (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1525669-square-footage-rooms.html)

Eujeanie Nov 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Square footage of rooms

Marriott and Starwood (and perhaps others) are very forthright about the sizes of their rooms on their websites...either I'm missing the trick to finding the information with Hilton, as I have to always call to find out.

To me the amount of personal space is very important. Is there someplace on the Hilton hotel websites that has this information that I just don't know about?

Also...when was the hotel built, when was it last renovated - Marriott is especially good about this.

tkelvin69 Nov 27, 2013 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 21866201)
Marriott and Starwood (and perhaps others) are very forthright about the sizes of their rooms on their websites...either I'm missing the trick to finding the information with Hilton, as I have to always call to find out.

To me the amount of personal space is very important. Is there someplace on the Hilton hotel websites that has this information that I just don't know about?

Also...when was the hotel built, when was it last renovated - Marriott is especially good about this.

Choose the hotel and date. Just click on room details for information but it is also right under the room type on the hilton.com site. "
KING HILTON GUESTROOM
Enjoy your stay in this spacious 31mē/333sq.ft room with city or ... Room Details "

lingzhou Nov 27, 2013 11:17 pm

it is a little exaggerate for me

Eujeanie Nov 28, 2013 3:29 am

tkelvin, I looked under Room Details for some Manhattan (and other) hotels, and while the New York Hilton provided the number, I could not find it for the Hilton Manhattan East, nor 2 Doubletrees - neither Times Square or DT Metropolitan. I find that the number very sporadically shows up.

And as for the "exaggerate" comment, I have no idea what that means. If this is something that's important to me, what am I exaggerating?

ChinaShrek Nov 28, 2013 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 21867845)
tkelvin, I looked under Room Details for some Manhattan (and other) hotels, and while the New York Hilton provided the number, I could not find it for the Hilton Manhattan East, nor 2 Doubletrees - neither Times Square or DT Metropolitan. I find that the number very sporadically shows up.

Yeah, it is hit or miss if room size shows up. If it doesn't then it probably means there is a wide variety of room sizes for this room type.

agehall Nov 28, 2013 7:00 am

If we are talking about Manhattan, I would just assume the rooms are small. Then you won't be disappointed.

jayhamburg Nov 28, 2013 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 21867845)

And as for the "exaggerate" comment, I have no idea what that means. If this is something that's important to me, what am I exaggerating?

Booking.com has this information for a lot of properties:
eg. Hilton Manhattan East (it's 24 sqm / 258 sqft)

BKKLEE Nov 29, 2013 2:04 am

You seem to make comments in many threads but none are ever supported by personal stays so why do you even bother ????

Originally Posted by lingzhou (Post 21867299)
it is a little exaggerate for me