Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olbia - Sardinia {ITA} [No longer Hilton]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olbia - Sardinia {ITA} [No longer Hilton]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I am a bit puzzled by the question to be honest - did you visit the hotel's website at all?

There is a bright yellow banner on the top titled "Hotel Leaving Hilton Brand" and when you click on it you read:

"Please note that as of April 1, 2024, DoubleTree by Hilton Olbia - Sardinia will cease to operate as a Hilton hotel. As a result, stays booked past this date will not accrue Honors points. Please contact the hotel direct in case of any questions."
For searches and booking, i use Hilton.com (do not go to property websites as should be bookable at the "main" Hilton.com )
...and at Hilton.com , it appears in the search results with "View Available Dates" ...there is no message on the search results to indicate "closed / leaving / etc" BUT for new hotels 6 to 12 months in future, Hilton is kind enough to put a message "opening soon", why can't they do the same ...on the search results
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I am a bit puzzled by the question to be honest - did you visit the hotel's website at all?

There is a bright yellow banner on the top titled "Hotel Leaving Hilton Brand" and when you click on it you read:

"Please note that as of April 1, 2024, DoubleTree by Hilton Olbia - Sardinia will cease to operate as a Hilton hotel. As a result, stays booked past this date will not accrue Honors points. Please contact the hotel direct in case of any questions."
Yes, but it's so much easier to start an FT thread and let other people do your research for you.
MichaelA380, :D! and Zurich like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes, but it's so much easier to start an FT thread and let other people do your research for you.
Absolutely, but maybe the wider point the OP was making remains valid: sold out is clearly inaccurate, but more importantly it is misleading. I've seen it employed where rooms are, well, sold out; where the hotel faces a temporary closure; and where the property is closing down or re-flagging.

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of Hilton's marketing and IT nexus to come up with something better.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Absolutely, but maybe the wider point the OP was making remains valid: sold out is clearly inaccurate, but more importantly it is misleading. I've seen it employed where rooms are, well, sold out; where the hotel faces a temporary closure; and where the property is closing down or re-flagging.

It shouldn't be beyond the wit of Hilton's marketing and IT nexus to come up with something better.
Perhaps, but it's probably not in Hilton's interests to do anything different for a hotel that is abandoning the chain. (I would actually be tempted to drop the hotel from the website the moment it gives notice of ripping up the contract...)

There are certainly many hotels - not necessarily Hilton specifically - who are happy to continue taking reservations for beyond the de-flagging date, with a tiny asterisk saying that elite benefits may not apply... "Sold out" is certainly better than some alternatives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.