Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Brilliant mate, hope it works out and you get the gig! I've sent you a PM and will definitely be there if it goes ahead...bring it on.

Safe travels down in the thunderstorms over the next day or two...

BotB (in this case, back of the bar!)
Old Jul 27, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Brilliant mate, hope it works out and you get the gig! I've sent you a PM and will definitely be there if it goes ahead...bring it on.

Safe travels down in the thunderstorms over the next day or two...

BotB (in this case, back of the bar!)
Thanks mate, have PM ed you!

Preupgraded to king deluxe late this afternoon and done OLCI to a corner room on top floor......should arrive late afternoon.......will report back!
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:23 am

Arrived 5pm, got to say " very impressive! " , used digital key for lift after putting car details into parking eye system, worked well, then to my room , again no issues, in fact a a plastic key card is waiting in my room for me along with a drink chit.
Room is great, it's large and could almost be called a junior suite, top floor and corner......corner bath is nice but small shower cubicle!.....aircon works very well oh and there is a nespresso machine too.
Now off to gym for a run and then bath before I leave for a gig I'm attending tonight ( see you there botb ! )
Will report back!
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:58 am

Gym impressive, two of everything, and quite large.......corner bath was nice if a little small, now in bar as I noticed I was given two drink chits in my room so got myself a pint of Stella and a bottle of Perroni for later.......nice bar area except the drunken bums in corner and the smell of cooked fish......will report back!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Hi mate, I’m at the venue now. By the decks. Sent you a PM
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:50 pm

Hi mate, I’m at the venue now. By the decks. Sent you a PM
Hey botb, it was really good to see you ( I sent you a pm via Facebook! )........ gig was awesome, got back to hotel 1-30am, you need key card to enter this late.
Slept well, extremely comfy beds here and nespresso machine handy as many beers last night.......plan this morning is pretty much shower, breakfast and go.......will report back!
BotB likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Hey botb, it was really good to see you ( I sent you a pm via Facebook! )........ gig was awesome, got back to hotel 1-30am, you need key card to enter this late.
Slept well, extremely comfy beds here and nespresso machine handy as many beers last night.......plan this morning is pretty much shower, breakfast and go.......will report back!
....... shower very powerful but cubicle small, banged elbows whilst in there many times, breakfast was okay, not a huge selection but a nice setting in the kiln restaurant, hot food was very tasty but unfortunately served on cold plates which spoilt it somewhat ....... I was early to breakfast but it was strangely busy for 7am.
Checked out at 8am....parking is no longer free for diamonds!, this change was made in April so FD told me......I'm swiftly away for the 5 hour drive home.

CONCLUSION- Great hotel, there was a couple of niggles but really nothing worth mentioning , the toilet flush button was very hard to press and the cold plates at breakfast ( that's a pet hate of mine) ........ I booked a king guest room and was upgraded to king deluxe, OLCI and digital key worked well, clean ad tidy room , everything worked!, nice gym too..I forgot to mention I had a beef and horseradish sandwich in the bar last night and it was delicious and reasonably priced at £8 ( comes with chips and slaw )........I would happily stay again and would be happy to recommend!

ROOM NO - 509

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton garden in Milan malpense ( 14-8-18 )

Last edited by wizla; Jul 29, 2018 at 10:47 am Reason: Typo
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:12 pm

A few photos from the weekend -
Attached Images      
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:15 pm

A few more -
Attached Images   
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:08 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

And another from early on at the gig when I could actually have some space to take a picture...it was heaving a bit later on! No wizla's were hurt (or captured) in the taking of this photo!
wizla likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:36 am

And another from early on at the gig when I could actually have some space to take a picture...it was heaving a bit later on! No wizla's were hurt (or captured) in the taking of this photo!
What a great gig, crowd were live!.....it was only a small venue but it worked well.......I definitely enjoy these small ones just as much as the bigger venues........good photo!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Another very good stay here, quite pleased with the hotel as a city centre property, but must try the Garden Inn at some point.
Room upgrade to deluxe, I think next door to your' room Wizla, although it did not have a corner tub and I feel may have been slightly smaller due to layout/ shape. Nonetheless, pleased with room, large king bed, good view of St Mary church (definitely worth a visit if you have the time). At check in, complimentary parking and 1 drinks voucher, which they immediately changed to 2. Water and robes in room.
Easy walk into the centre, and quite a nice walk.
Breakfast was good, with great orange juice. The Kiln is a nice setting. Well cooked with a chef/ cook who was working hard and obviously cared.
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Skimanant
Another very good stay here, quite pleased with the hotel as a city centre property, but must try the Garden Inn at some point.
Room upgrade to deluxe, I think next door to your' room Wizla, although it did not have a corner tub and I feel may have been slightly smaller due to layout/ shape. Nonetheless, pleased with room, large king bed, good view of St Mary church (definitely worth a visit if you have the time). At check in, complimentary parking and 1 drinks voucher, which they immediately changed to 2. Water and robes in room.
Easy walk into the centre, and quite a nice walk.
Breakfast was good, with great orange juice. The Kiln is a nice setting. Well cooked with a chef/ cook who was working hard and obviously cared.
It's nice isn't it........hopefully I will be back there in march if I'm on tour with kingdem this year, definitely felt looked after there.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:16 am

Apparently the bar closes quite early though so be aware of that if it is important to anyone. (even before 11 PM I believe on a Sat. night!)
Although an old comment I thought it is worth updating. The bar is often open till way after midnight on Saturdays.
BotB likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by kilo

Although an old comment I thought it is worth updating. The bar is often open till way after midnight on Saturdays.
It's a long shot but do we know each other from the hiphop community? ( uk graffiti)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.