Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

ALON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2002, 6:07 am

We used an ALON award at HHV at Christmas and had our two teenage boys with us. No questions asked other than their ages. In fact, we only used it for 5 nights (6th was blacked out). No problems with that either.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 8:54 am

This would be for myself and 3 friends, all college students over 21.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 10:31 am

I'm planning to use ALON for next christmas thru new years 12-23-02 thru 1-5-03. My first call to book the rooms was in may 2001. they didn't have the dates in the system so i called on 12/28 to reserve the rooms. I couldn't get 12-23 thru 12-29, they kept on saying that 29 is not in the system. so i book 22-28 to hold the rooms first and kept on calling each day afterwards to check if the room opened up. i wasn't able to book for the rest of the days either- dates are not in system. then a few days ago, a rep said that the rooms for ALON are all gone for the days i want. It's unbelievable that within a 24 hour period, all the ALON rooms would be booked for that stretch.

was anyone successful in the past in getting a alon reward christmas thru new years?

thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2002, 10:30 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
I would say to split an award, you will need to use to awards (and more points)

The Embassy Suites in Honolulu is Select (65,000)
The other properties are Premium. (100,000 for 3nights)

If you would split an award.. I would stay longer... maybe 5 nights each for 200,000 pts.. just leave early...
Just my 2 cents.. But you can always stay checked in and go to another island for a day... if they do not split your award.

Old Jan 9, 2002, 2:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Sweet Willie:
question still remains, can an award be split between TWO different properties. Say the HHW and HWaikoloa? </font>
As chix already said, the ALON must be used at one hotel, and cannot be split between two.

Mike
Old Jan 9, 2002, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LAX 1K:
I would say to split an award, you will need to use to awards (and more points)

The Embassy Suites in Honolulu is Select (65,000)
The other properties are Premium. (100,000 for 3nights)

If you would split an award.. I would stay longer... maybe 5 nights each for 200,000 pts.. just leave early...
Just my 2 cents.. But you can always stay checked in and go to another island for a day... if they do not split your award.

</font>
There is no ES in Honolulu.

Old Jan 16, 2002, 3:32 pm

Will this help me get a better ALON room

I will be using a ALON this summer. Since I am staying 7 nights (to synchronize my hotel and free airfare travel) I have to pay for my first night of lodging. Instead of staying somewhere else I would prefer to stay at the HHV.

Will my chances of getting a nicer room for my ALON award increase if I pay for one of these rooms the first night and flash them my gold card??

$265 2 DOUBLE BEDS PARTIAL OCEAN VIEW ROOM LANAI.TOWER CHECK IN.

260.00 USD
ACCESSIBLE OCEAN VIEW ROOM
TAPA-DIAMOND HEAD TWR.LANAI.REFRIG.SAFE

Thanks

scott

Old Jan 16, 2002, 4:14 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Mmmmm maybe... I tried this at the Hilton Osaka Japan this past summer and they told me that they were full on the nights for my award, so I would have to move from my exec floor room to a standard room. (This is part of the "Non-Compliant Hotels" thread)
Old Jan 16, 2002, 4:56 pm

Should not make a difference...
Old Jan 16, 2002, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Usually it would make no difference, but most hotels in Hawaii etc are far from full. IMHO you should have no problem this Summer, especially in HI.

MisterNice
Old Jun 16, 2002, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Have 3 rooms ALON Waikoloa 7/22, will release

I understand the ALON awards are booked out at Waikoloa for the next few months. I have reserved 3 rooms I cannot use starting July 22 for 6 nights. If you want one, I will try to talk them into substituting your name for mine when I cancel. Then party at Waikoloa!!
Old Jun 16, 2002, 3:29 pm

What a thoughtful gesture.

I hope someone will take you up on your offer.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:07 pm
anr

ALON Award

A few questions:

1) Is it possible to book an ALON award before having the 100,000 points? I'll have them later this summer but would like to book the award for a stay in Dec/Jan and might run into availability problems if I wait too long.

2) Is it possible to give an ALON award as a gift to someone?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:14 pm

Programs: CO Plat; Delta Plat; Marriott Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Question about ALON and other similar awards

I booked ALON award last week, but was unaware of it until I called HHonors. Is there a site where Hilton lists these special awards or is it something they keep hush-hush unless you call? I assume there are other awards like this in other areas of the country/world? Any info would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 1, 2002, 12:15 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/rewards/vip.jhtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.