Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

about the newest promo, gold and 50K points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

about the newest promo, gold and 50K points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2003, 12:24 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
I am so amused.. thanks...
Really enjoy seeing that people take Hilton too seriously.... Hilton wants us as customers and has safeguards... but they still see us a customers...

Funny....
Old Sep 27, 2003, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Promo? There's a promo? Where?

Sign me up!
Old Sep 28, 2003, 7:10 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Braindrain:
Promo? There's a promo? Where?

Sign me up!
</font>

LMAO! I was thinking the exact same thing! After I earn the points through FRAUD (ha ha!), I will spend them after serving my time in the bighouse on a nice, relaxing vacation.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)
Old Sep 28, 2003, 9:02 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Misshiltongirls...

Is it a she? Miss Hilton Girls...or

Is it a he? Like he Miss The Hilton Girls..(Sisters???)

Can't stop my brain working around it!

Old Sep 28, 2003, 4:42 pm

What is it called when HHonors doesn't credit us with rightly earned points? It's an oversight; it's an older system; it's an employee that doesn't understand the rules or procedures; it's ... (and then there is Adam & Co. to make it right).

And what is it called when HHonors devalues awards for everyone by the amount of their promotions for the few? It's their rules and you know that going in.

You learn the rules; you use the rules; you exploit the rules (my hero: the pudding guy). If the ruler lets you take advantage of the rules and you don't, then that's your prerogative. But look at the additional loyalty it can bring to those few of us who know enough to ask.

Targeted promotions are intended to increase revenues and entice new clients to your product line, while not driving away your client base. If you're active in this community, then I believe that you are the client that the ruler wants to keep (except for Delta, of course). Why do we have a HHonors hotline for this board?

There are a number of frequent flyers or frequent stayers who have no clue about program changes or opportunities (the ruler likes it that way unless there is a backlash). And then there are the rest of us.

Consistently 50 stays a year, I like being tagged a "Diamond" (it's my loyalty that I don't stop at 28 stays). I like being tagged an "informed client" that the company wants to keep. I even like being tagged a "shareholder" because I believe in the product line.

Guilty of Fraud if the customer service center (the HHonors ruler) allows me access to a promotion? I don't think so. Moreover, I don't think they'll jeopardize my $10,000 per year on a trivial promotion.

Welcome to the community.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 4:53 pm

Sounds like either a disgruntled employee of a selfish Diamon member who doesn't like to share!
Old Sep 29, 2003, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Those sneaky Hilton folks.

Comping everyone with a pulse to Silver and Gold and THEN busting them for fraud after they spent money with Hilton and not Hyatt or Starwood or Marriott or wherever they now stay and SPEND???

misshiltongirl - you are apparently not bright enough to find the caps lock key, or a dictionary, but let me spell it out for you - Hilton WANT these folks staying with them and SPENDING with them. They actually WROTE recently to truckloads of elite flyers from AA and UA and DL and US etc offering them the comp and Elite cards and 50K points offer.

Sneaks. THEN they bust them all for FRAUD huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.