FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Florida, USA {US-FL} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/128455-discussion-hilton-honors-hotels-florida-usa-us-fl.html)

Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant Feb 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan (Post 33032934)
Cold pool and no hot tub kills it unfortunately.

Yeah, I was bummed at this omission too! It's a really neat ES, with the pool on a mid-floor where the restaurant is. It's an open floor design, so the pool is elevated over street level, allowing for some views. However, that also means it's entirely shaded most all of the day. Not sure why they wouldn't have done rooftop pool, or at least put in a hot tub.

We'd been staying all up and down the coast from Everglades to Sarasota, cheap Hamptons and Homewoods, etc. all of which had surprisingly hot jacuzzis. Then we do the "big bucks" spend on the ES (It wasn't bad, but almost triple what we'd been paying at the low-rent Hamptons) and no tub or pool. And the suites have only showers in the bathroom, so any preference for a soak was not addressed. Otherwise, really nice property and staff.

kmandrew Feb 15, 2021 7:39 am

Any updates on Miami Beach hotels - 4 night trip in 2 weeks, thinking we use our 2 free nights at the Bentley then another property for the 2 additional nights. They all seem to run around 200/250 a night.

merle123 Aug 19, 2021 9:49 am

DoubleTree Beach Resort North Reddington

We are planning a stay a 5-night stay on points at the DoubleTree North Reddington Beach in November. Does anyone have any information as how the resort handles the Food and Beverage Credit and/or breakfast?

nldogbert Apr 14, 2022 7:00 am

OK property, Fairly OK location

Introduction Stayed 1 night at this property, which was also my first time staying at this rather new brand by Hilton, Tru by Hilton. I had no expectation whatsoever going into this property as I was just looking for something close to the Everglades National park entrance. Location The property is located just off US1 (towards Key West) - there was not much around the hotel, although there was a bar across the parking area and further down the road was the area's wholesale market for fruits and vegetables - which I at least saw had some eateries (during the daytime). With a short drive away, there's additional options. From the hotel it was maybe a 15-20 mins drive to the entrance of the Everglades National Park and for those who want to do a day trip to Key West, this could also be a possible option. Other than that, there's a Walmart close by and the other usual large stores. Check In I did not bother using the Hilton app to check in this round. As usual, for such a property no upgrades given outside of what is booked. I arrived after 6 pm at the property where I was assisted immediately. As usual, a photo ID was required and I was given a quick update on the breakfast situation - due to the pandemic - which was basically still a to-go breakfast box. The common check-in area and breakfast room (supposedly closed due to the pandemic) was decorated in a colourful and playful manner. I was also offered bottles of water, which I declined this time as I some with me. Room If I remember correctly my room was on the 3rd floor out of 4 floors. One of the elevators was already out of service on this what seemed to be a rather new property. During this stay it was at least not an issue as it did not seem to be heavily occupied (especially it was Spring Break week). The room faced the next door hotel/parking lot area.The room size was ok, I had expected it to be bigger due to the location. It was like the lobby area, decorated in a colourful/modern style, with lots of used of colour. It reminded me of the deco of the Home2Suites brand (sans the kitchenette). The rest of the furnishing was what one would expect with a long desk with drawers - functioning also as a working desk. There was an open wardrobe available next to the bathroom. There was the usual coffee/tea making system (the typical US one which is basically a coffee machine)Sleep quality was good - the bed was still comfortable, not being too firm nor too soft with good back support. Luckily even though it was came with the unit AC, at low fan it was not too loud (like the older units). Temperature control in the room was good. Internet speed was stable and sufficient. TV channel options was your typical US cable options. If I remember correctly, there was no option for streaming your own devices nor any streaming service apps on the TV. The bathroom size was ok, with a walk in shower. Toiletries were wall mounted bottles - seemed to be named "Radio" - I did not really like the brand/smell that was used, it was based on sweet flavours (imagine bubblegum flavours). If I was the hotel I would have gone for more neutral or fresh smell type of toiletries. They were in blue/yellow and green bottles - just again to add colour to the bathroom and following the theme of the brand/hotel. The water temperature and pressure was ok. Breakfast I am not sure what are the normal offerings at this brand, but in current pandemic situation, it was a very simple to-go box which consisted of a bagel, cream cheese, youghurt and a banana. Am not sure if this was because the property owner trying to use the pandemic as an excuse or lack of staff, but all my other stays at other such breakfast included property was more or less back to normal. Overall All in all, my stay was ok. I would return to this property if I needed to be in the area and if the price was right.

nldogbert Apr 14, 2022 7:46 am

Surprisingly good and New hotel

Introduction This was another property which I selected just because of it's location and by the Lake Okeechobee of the area before driving back down towards the Miami area. Another factor was the "reasonable" points required compared to other hotels or even paid prices during current pandemic and Spring Break - where other properties were asking for crazy rates. Location The hotel is situation in the town centre (or rather on the main road of Clewiston, the Sugar Capital). Close to the hotel there were some restaurants - though becareful that lots of the places are closed foro dinner in this small town. Down the street there's a taqueria down the road which served some really good Mexican food with friendly service and reasonable price. Other than that, there's really not much for the usual tourist attractions. I would say this is more of a off the beaten path type of tourist. There are some small towns close by, but outside of that, nothing too much to do. Check In I arrived around lunch time at the property and as expected there was no one, so I was assisted immediately and managed to get a room to check in. In general the check-in agent was friendly, however I did notice she was a trainee, and was not offered the usual Elite welcome gift. I did not bother to ask about it and was off to my room within 5 mins of arriving at the property. Room The room was spacious and like the rest of the hotel very new. It was well furnished and more or less with the same amenities as the newer Hampton Inn's. There was the usual long desk where the TV is located with drawers. The coffee/tea making items were also located here. There was a fridge and microwave available also in the room.Sleep quality was good - there was minimal external noise (I am not sure how bad it would be if the room faced the main road - I did noticed that traffic was low during the night time). The AC unit was luckily on the quiet side on low fan and did keep the room temperature as set. Internet speed was stable and sufficieint, the TV besides the usual cable channels, did have some streaming service (if I remember correctly). Bathroom size was spacious with a walk in shower area. Toileteries were the usual types available at Hampton Inns. The water pressure and temperature was good. Since this was a new property, all furnishing was in top condition. Pool The pool situation in front of the hotel is only accesible by going outside - and towels are obtained via the front desk. The water temperature despite the soarching heat, was surprisingly on the cold side (it did not help when I used it, the wind was also blowing quite strong - luckily of warm air). Breakfast The breakfast was back to the usual buffet style, although for the hot items, guests will still be served by the breakfast room attendant. The spread and quality was as good as it gets for a Hampton inn. Overall All in all, not just because it was a new property, but this was one of the better Hampton Inn's that I've stayed in the US. The hotel seemed to be there mainly for a lot of guests that looks like they were working with the ongoing construction works at various spots around the lake and most probably the large sugar industry of the area. I for one will certainly recommend this property if you need a place to stay in the area, the staff were in general friendly and the facilities provided by the hotel was as good as it gets for a Hampton Inn brand.

zztopsz Mar 28, 2023 6:00 am

Looking for nice Hilton property in Florida

Will be going on a cruise (leaving from Port Everglades) in Feb. 2024 and want to spend 6 nights in a Hilton property beforehand. Want suggestions as to a great property. I like Home2Suites and Hampton Inns but are open to other Hiltons. What Hilton property can you recommend within about 1-1/2 hours of Port Evergldes? Why do you like this Hilton? We will be coming from Minnesota so we really just want warmth and sunshine before the cruise. TIA.

indufan Mar 28, 2023 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by zztopsz (Post 35122957)
Will be going on a cruise (leaving from Port Everglades) in Feb. 2024 and want to spend 6 nights in a Hilton property beforehand. Want suggestions as to a great property. I like Home2Suites and Hampton Inns but are open to other Hiltons. What Hilton property can you recommend within about 1-1/2 hours of Port Evergldes? Why do you like this Hilton? We will be coming from Minnesota so we really just want warmth and sunshine before the cruise. TIA.

There are a LOT of properties within 90 minutes of Port Everglades and I have stayed at a lot of them. Largely money will be a factor into your decision. There is a Conrad in FLL and it's nice but I don't think it is worth the money. I do like the FLL Hilton. Those are both right on the beach (or across the street as the case may be). The Hotel Maren is great. You save money if you get off the beach even a little bit. Miami opens up an entire another market with lots of beachside options and many inland options for less money. There are nice places in Boca Raton and all the way to Palm Beach. I wouldn't even consider anything outside of FLL since there are so many options there. If I had to pick one...probably Hotel Maren but it would by a slim margin.

Hawkeyefan Mar 28, 2023 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by indufan (Post 35124354)
There are a LOT of properties within 90 minutes of Port Everglades and I have stayed at a lot of them. Largely money will be a factor into your decision. There is a Conrad in FLL and it's nice but I don't think it is worth the money. I do like the FLL Hilton. Those are both right on the beach (or across the street as the case may be). The Hotel Maren is great. You save money if you get off the beach even a little bit. Miami opens up an entire another market with lots of beachside options and many inland options for less money. There are nice places in Boca Raton and all the way to Palm Beach. I wouldn't even consider anything outside of FLL since there are so many options there. If I had to pick one...probably Hotel Maren but it would by a slim margin.

We did the FL Hilton Beach and though I liked the hotel, the traffic and getting there and getting around is just atrocious. OP maybe look at the Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach or Hilton Singer Island.

anandrag Apr 12, 2023 5:24 pm

Beat curio hotel in Key West, FL

All,
Any recommendations for which of the 2 curio properties is the best? Prices in points and $$ is same and very close together geographically.
Wondering which has nicest rooms and beach and pool.
see pic for the 2 properties

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7ba6a493cf.png

cblaisd Apr 12, 2023 7:21 pm

You may wish to review these two property-specific threads for grist for your question.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...light=Key+West

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum

anandrag Apr 12, 2023 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 35165606)
You may wish to review these two property-specific threads for grist for your question.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum

thanks. Looks like consensus opinion is that Reach is better of the two with Casa Marina being quite rundown inside.
fair summary?