FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/127650-hilton-sao-paulo-morumbi-bra.html)

cmhua777 Mar 6, 2006 7:39 pm

All things considered this just may be the best Hilton in the world, in my opinion.

andrzej Mar 6, 2006 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by cmhua777
All things considered this just may be the best Hilton in the world, in my opinion.

I wonder if the same people run the Hilton in Buenos Aires? It's a great property as well.

BTW, In my review I did mention the great staff and the wonderful gym at the top. :)

GUWonder Mar 7, 2006 12:30 am

Originally Posted by andrzej
I wonder if the same people run the Hilton in Buenos Aires? It's a great property as well.

The same family has an interest in both. ;) And Tom Potter has gone from one to the other. :)

holtju2 Apr 2, 2006 1:50 am

Originally Posted by USAFAN
andrzej:
-The Hilton has nice clean taxis & and you get points ...

I bet that theit meter runs at a far faster rate than those of "regular" taxis. You might end up paying deerly for HHonors points.

In Sao Paulo I always choose Renaissance because the location is very good.

sAAul Apr 30, 2006 7:14 pm

I have just returned from a stay at this hotel, and agree with all of the positive comments. FYI, the hotel car to the airport cost BRL160 vs. BRL92 for a taxi. For a 2 hour ride on Friday evening the added comfort was certainly worthwhile.

Cisco Kid Oct 20, 2006 9:40 am

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi Trip Reports and Reviews

Stayed at the Sao Paulo Hilton last week for the first time. Overall, nice property, but I received absolutely NO Diamond recognition: no welcome letter, no welcome amenity, no up-grade to something better than the Executive Level room I already had booked.

I was amazed that a colleague of mine who has a lower HH status, was in fact recognized and welcomed.

Is this normal? Or just an oversight on the hotel's part? I filled out the customer sat survey and expressed my dissapointment on checking out. Was told they would take care of things for my one week visit next month.

Bondiboy Oct 20, 2006 9:57 am

This is not good news as I will be in Sao Paulo in early Nov.

Did you show your Diamond card at check-in? Did you make your reservation on Hilton.com? Did you ask about an upgrade at check-in?

Cisco Kid Oct 20, 2006 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
This is not good news as I will be in Sao Paulo in early Nov.

Did you show your Diamond card at check-in? Did you make your reservation on Hilton.com? Did you ask about an upgrade at check-in?

Yes...yes...yes, to all three of your questions. I was told all up-gradeable rooms were booked (which was hard to believe as last Thursday was a Brazilian national holiday.

I have considered writing to the Diamond Desk, but not sure if it is the right approach...or simply wait and see if they come through and make it up for my second visit, which will be for a whole week.

Jaimito Cartero Oct 20, 2006 10:20 am

When I checked in last year as a gold, they didn't seem to have my status in the record. They came up to my room later and gave me a new key that would let me access the lounge, and some sort of amenity. I only book the normal rooms, but would say I get executive floor 90% of the time, suites of some sort maybe 20%.

International Hiltons are generally quite good about the amenities.

Bondiboy Oct 20, 2006 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Cisco Kid

I have considered writing to the Diamond Desk, but not sure if it is the right approach...or simply wait and see if they come through and make it up for my second visit, which will be for a whole week.

As you will see from the following, the hotel has a lot of wriggle room with regard to an upgrade. But they dot have have the option to ignore your Diamond status completely.

Given that you have raised the mattater already with the hotel, I would phone the Diamond Desk and ask to speak to a customer service rep. They will document your complaint and get back to the hotel. I am sure that this will ensure that you get proper treatment when you return .. if you do.

Upgrade to Executive Level or to the next best available room type from the room type booked (does not include suites). Upgraded rooms are subject to availability at the time of check-in and only guests that receive an upgrade to the Executive Level will be given access to the Executive Lounge. At hotels that do not have upgraded types of accommodations or upgrade is not available, Diamond VIPs will receive an additional amenity and/or services, which vary by property.

KENNECTED Oct 20, 2006 10:36 am

What exactly where you expecting?

Stayed at the Sao Paulo Hilton last week for the first time. Overall, nice property, but I received absolutely NO Diamond recognition: no welcome letter, no welcome amenity, no up-grade to something better than the Executive Level room I already had booked.

I was amazed that a colleague of mine who has a lower HH status, was in fact recognized and welcomed.

Is this normal? Or just an oversight on the hotel's part? I filled out the customer sat survey and expressed my dissapointment on checking out. Was told they would take care of things for my one week visit next month.

Playing devils advocate, I'd like to ask what you were expecting and why you were dissappointed

Welcome letter - Not all properties do this, its a nice touch but not mandatory

Amenity - Since you booked the executive level are you entitled? Does the property have to do this? I believe not, but a top notch property should give its Diamonds an amenty

Upgrade - Upgrade to what??

Also, I wonder what your "my way" options are.

What I'd be really interested to know/read is about the actually property itself.

shell nyc Oct 21, 2006 5:08 am

My experience in June was quite different. I had a 1 night stay, one night elsewhere, then followed by 3 night (weekend) stay. Each time at check in I was wisked away from the lobby to the executive lounge for checkin and thanked profusely for my business.
The first stay I was booked into a regular room and upgraded to an executive room, given lounge access, and a bottle of wine and box of chocolates as an amenity. On my return one day later I was booked into an executive room and in fact given the same room I was in before! Again, lounge access, wine, and chocolates.

Sorry that you had a poor experience, hopefully they take care of you on your return!

stc Oct 21, 2006 11:07 am

Whenever I check into any hotel chain that I have any sort of status with, I always hand the clerk my charge card and my hotel program card. This way they cannot claim that they didn't know I was Diamond / Platinum / whatever. I've found this really helps.

Cisco Kid Nov 18, 2006 3:10 pm

Back at the Sao Paulo and booked into an executive room, and once again absolutely NO Diamond recognition. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the corporate rate we are obligated to use...???

KENNECTED Nov 18, 2006 4:00 pm

Back at the Sao Paulo and booked into an executive room, and once again absolutely NO Diamond recognition. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the corporate rate we are obligated to use...???

I have to ask, what are you Hilton My Way preferences? What exactly are you looking to be recognized for?? Did you ask for a manager, if you feel you were denied any of your published benefits?