FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/127650-hilton-sao-paulo-morumbi-bra.html)

pb9997 Oct 14, 2002 7:51 am

Hilton Sao Paulo Morumbi {BRA}

There's a new kid on the block ! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

No one seems to comment on this one but there's a new Hilton in Sao Paulo, much more conveniently located than the Hilton Downtown, in the middle of the Business District.

This Hotel has escalators and corridors that even enable one to go directly to buildings such as WTC and CENU in the Berrini Avenue, without stepping on the street...

Its Gym Facilities are worth a visit, in the Penthouse, and are running a start-up sale with huge discounts to grab new customers.

For those aware with Sao Paulo this property is NOT in Jardins, but for those who aim a Hotel just for work, this is it.

They're also running a promotion offering additional points per stay.

Indo-flyer Oct 14, 2002 3:16 pm

I will be staying with a friend in GRU. Do you know if there is a Hilton property in Rio, because I can't seem to find one?

pb9997 Oct 16, 2002 3:22 pm

I was expecting someone from Rio to answer directly your question. To my knowledge there's no Hilton property in Rio de Janeiro or somewhere near.

tattikat2 Mar 15, 2005 7:56 am

Hilton Sao Paulo. Is the city and hotel worth visiting?

Hello. I'm looking for info from anyone who has stayed at the Sao Paulo Hilton and some information on the city itself.
On a United Airlines /*A award ticket it is an easy stop-over choice but I've no idea what's there!
Any insight from anyone who has been would be great.
Thanks and Happy Flying,Tattikat2

Joelle Mar 15, 2005 8:23 am

I can't advise about the hotel but Sao Paolo is a "megacity" of 15 million inhabitants and not an easy city...
My brother-in-law lives there (he married a Brazilian girl) and he says it's a pretty dangerous town... :(

airbus320 Mar 15, 2005 8:32 am

I presume that you are speaking of the downtown Hilton. I stayed there and I would not recommend this property. It is a tired facility that is in dire need of renovations.

If you decide to stay at a Hilton, the Hilton Morumbi is a great hotel. It is however quite far from GRU.

I hired a car and guide to get a feel for the city. I was fascinated by the size of the city and the guide gave me an excellent briefing on the social/ecomonic challenges facing the city.

I would not however make a special stop-over for a visit. I was waiting for my flight back home and had a day to kill and would not recommend making the effort unless you have business in Sao Paulo.

izzik Mar 15, 2005 8:35 am

Sao Paulo is a great city - if you haven't been, you should go.

tattikat2 Mar 15, 2005 9:31 am

Hello and thank you Joelle, airbus320 and izzik for your replys. I was thinking of the Hilton Morumbi, however as this is a holiday, I'm not sure a "Megacity" is the right fit!
I'll do some more thinking.
Thanks again to you all.
Happy flying,Tattikat2

Bucko Mar 15, 2005 3:13 pm

I just returned from Brazil

and visited both SP and Rio. SP is an incredible city. I equate SP with an urban, metropolitan city in the US, like Chicago. Rio I equate with San Diego, focus is on the beach and is more laid back. Most folks from the US know Rio for the beaches, but SP is really the city that runs Brazil. They have great shopping (similar to the high end stores you can find in Miami, Chicago, etc like Tiffany's, Armani, Versace, etc). I never found the city unsafe, and I don't speak the language. Cabs are plentiful and cheap. Draft beer is about $1US to $2US per. I've added SP to the list of cities I would love to visit again....Rio I could either take or leave. Just my 2 cents. Feel free to ask more questions and I'll help if I can.

I stayed at the Maksoud, which in the 1980's was probably a cool place to be...not so much anymore. Didn't see the Hilton at all, but the Fasano hotel is incredible.

USAFAN Mar 15, 2005 3:47 pm

Hilton Morumbi is a great hotel. The staff is wonderful!

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello and thank you Joelle, airbus320 and izzik for your replys. I was thinking of the Hilton Morumbi, however as this is a holiday, I'm not sure a "Megacity" is the right fit!
I'll do some more thinking.
Thanks again to you all.
Happy flying,Tattikat2

Hilton Morumbi is a great hotel. The staff is wonderful! ^ They can organize for you a clean and save car with driver, you pay Hilton and get points.. ^
I liked Sao Paulo, it may be dangerous .. I don't know. Had no problems, but never walked around at night.

I liked this restaurant:

Figueira Rubaiyat
Rua Haddock Lobo 1738
Jardim Paulista
São Paulo
Tel: + 55 (11) 3063-3888
Built around a courtyard with a giant fig tree (figueira),

tattikat2 Mar 15, 2005 11:11 pm

Hello. Thanks to Bucko and USAFAN for taking the time to share your experiences. I think we may pass through GRU on the way to EZE but we probably will have to do SP on another trip.
Thanks again.
Happy flying,tattikat2

andrzej Mar 6, 2006 9:04 am

Hilton Morumbi Sao Paulo, Brazil review

Room: #2409

Status Recognition: Wonderful. This is an award stay, yet I was upgraded to Executive level room (22-28 floors), with full lounge access. 5* ^

Room: Standard sized room with a wonderful bathroom. Bathroom has a separate walk in shower and a semi-deep tub. Also a separate toilet room. One sink counter. All the necessaties are provided, including a robe and slippers. The room has a wonderful design. Huge window followed by your standard chair and coffee table. A king size bed with a 25" flat screen TV in front, followed by a nicely position desk that actually faces the room towards the window. Lots of space to spread out with a laptop, newspapers, etc.. The corner of the desk has a mini-bar. The desk is somewhat blocked off from the bed by ~4ft tall wall, yet when sitting at the desk the eye level allows to see out of the window. Everything is in great shape, except the AC is little louder than I'm used to, but nothing drastic. There is also a fax/printer in the room, but I assume it's only true on the executive level floors. Internet is wired high speed but expensive at ~$20 per day. The lounge has free wireless available, so it's not a huge problem. There are also 2 computers available if you do not have a laptop. 5* ^

Executive Lounge: Fabulous. What all the lounges in the system should be like. Full breakfast in the mornings. Magnificent fruit spread and sandwich meats and cooked eggs and on and on..... Open bar in the evenings with waiter/waitress service if you so desire. Good size and great views! Very helpful staff. 5* ^

Public areas: Wonderful. The lobby and 1st floor have couple of restaurants and a great bar with a 20FT or maybe even bigger TV screen above it. The top of the hotel has a spa/gym and a good size pool. 5* ^

Overall score: 4.5* ^ - the location is the only thing that is really missing here. The hotel is one of the best Hilton I've ever been to.

Very happy! :D ^

USAFAN Mar 6, 2006 12:28 pm

Hilton Morumbi - one of the best Hiltons I have ever been

andrzej:

I agree 100% - one of the best Hiltons I have ever been.

Like to add:

-The nice agents at the executive floor are great, really helpful.
-The location is a little 'remote', but the domestic airport is nearby.
-The Hilton has nice clean taxis & and you get points ...
-At the basement under the Hilton is a nice, large shopping center.

pb9997 Mar 6, 2006 3:49 pm

What about the Gym :) 5* do you agree ?

Awsome views from the top !

Camino1 Mar 6, 2006 5:15 pm

Hilton Sao Paulo

We stayed there about 3 years ago. The thing I liked (along with a superior fitness center) was the helpfulness of the staff--they went above and beyond the call of duty.