Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton hh; Miles to points & back. how long???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2002, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

I'm converting UA miles to points and then to AA miles for upgrades on an upcoming flight. How long dooes in take for the points to be credited to my hh account? And from hh to AA advantage account?
Thanks for help in advance...........
Old Feb 5, 2002, 8:14 pm

Hey. My first time on the Hilton board, don't know why it has taken me so long.

I called today about that. Sounds like 1-2 months, I think it varies on the airline,
etc...

I would be curious to hear from someone who has done this successfully. I want to build up my AA account, though bear in mind that you take a major loss going from points to miles, so you really have to have no use for the miles being transferred to Hilton. However, I am grateful that they give you this option.

------------------
MD
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Old Feb 6, 2002, 2:40 pm

i just transferred 30,000 UA miles which became 60,000 points, and has showed up in 10 days altogether.
Monday 10 days ago i rang UA and they made a note of the request; it went out of my MP account on the wednesday, 2 days later, and went into my Hilton account, wednesday,yesterday (i am in oz); i will be interested to see how long my second request takes, which i made two days later and which followed the same pattern of leaving MP two days after i called. A very satisfactory outcome indeed!! i like this company..here comes 3 nights in NYC!!
Old Feb 6, 2002, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by franjelley:
i just transferred 30,000 UA miles which became 60,000 points,--etc.....!!</font>
Thanks.
You've maded me VERY happy!!!!!! If your a lady then here's an internet kiss; xoxo. If your a fellow then sorry about the kiss and here's an internet handshake; shake, shake.
Traveling in March and the airline told me it could take up to one month & this was after I transferred the miles, almost had a coronary. Buy the way always wanted to visit Australia; I understand that the poeple there are very freindly. Hope you have a great time in NYC--A.C--.

Old Feb 7, 2002, 1:35 pm

happy to report that the second transaction went in last night/today depending where one is located..
thanks for the xoxo and glad to be the bearer of good tidings..to be honest, i also am very impressed with the whole thing..the first person at UA told me two to four weeks, and the second told me 4 to 6, so maybe the second person was a depressive
Old Feb 8, 2002, 2:43 am

Having just done the same thing, I can vouch for the quickness that they're posting (at least at the present time). 20,000 UA miles became 40,000 HH points in 9 days, having just posted yesterday.

Mike
Old Feb 8, 2002, 9:51 am

Transfer from Continental to HHonors - I am waiting over one month now, can take 90 days or so...

Transfer from HHilton to Delta - about one week, however, I paid a $ 25 fee for the fast transfer.
Old Feb 8, 2002, 1:22 pm

Got this e-mail from HILTON regarding my transfer Continental to Hilton:

"
If you have made a miles to points transfer, please allow from 30-60 days to post."
Old Feb 13, 2002, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Could you please let me know the minimum amount of UA miles necessary to convert to HH points? Also, if available, the number to call to get this accomplished?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.