Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
First impressions:

Quite a few people catching the H57 Hoppa bus. No-one got off or on at the first stop of the Holiday Inn.
Handy having the pub that does Thai food across the road from that and it's a 5 minute walk from the Hilton.
The Fat Boys cafe next door was closed but hardly unexpected at nearly 6pm on a Saturday night.

Chose room 490. Opposite direction to the lounge and has a lovely view of a heap of earth from the quarry. Can see planes take off to the left.
Fine as it will be dark soon and I'll see loads of planes tomorrow should I wish to do so.

Check in was quick. Prepaid already so nothing more than a signature.
No real Diamond welcome other than be told I've been upgraded to the executive floor, things in my room and the lounge mentioned. Nothing mentioned breakfast wise.

Food prices as usual. £3 50 for a mini bar Coke, £15.95 plus whatever charges for a burger etc.

Room wise, quiet enough and functional.
Can see one unused power socket next to the bed.
Deep bath unlike the shallow ones in the HGI.
Walk in shower.

2 sachets of Lacto free milk with the tea and coffee should that be of interest.

Welcome gift of a bottle of red wine, Les Sablons, two bottles of water and a Montezuma bar of treacle tart chocolate.

Usual safe, iron and ironing board in the closet along with slippers and a dressing gown.
Firm bed.

Lounge wise, hot food consisted of salmon skewers and mini quiches. Did think they were chicken but tasted like salmon.
Various sandwiches that were mostly cheese and pickle.
Few salad things and some cheese although the non mouldy ones want quickly.
Crackers etc.
Few iced beers and spirits plus the usual soft drinks, mixers and coffee machine.

Last edited by xenole; Jul 22, 2017 at 11:34 am
Old Jul 22, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by xenole
First impressions:

Quite a few people catching the H57 Hoppa bus. No-one got off or on at the first stop of the Holiday Inn.
Handy having the pub that does Thai food across the road from that and it's a 5 minute walk from the Hilton.
The Fat Boys cafe next door was closed but hardly unexpected at nearly 6pm on a Saturday night.

Chose room 490. Opposite direction to the lounge and has a lovely view of a heap of earth from the quarry. Can see planes take off to the left.
Fine as it will be dark soon and I'll see loads of planes tomorrow should I wish to do so.

Check in was quick. Prepaid already so nothing more than a signature.
No real Diamond welcome other than be told I've been upgraded to the executive floor, things in my room and the lounge mentioned. Nothing mentioned breakfast wise.

Food prices as usual. £3 50 for a mini bar Coke, £15.95 plus whatever charges for a burger etc.

Room wise, quiet enough and functional.
Can see one unused power socket next to the bed.
Deep bath unlike the shallow ones in the HGI.
Walk in shower.

2 sachets of Lacto free milk with the tea and coffee should that be of interest.

Welcome gift of a bottle of red wine, Les Sablons, two bottles of water and a Montezuma bar of treacle tart chocolate.

Usual safe, iron and ironing board in the closet along with slippers and a dressing gown.
Firm bed.

Lounge wise, hot food consisted of salmon skewers and mini quiches. Did think they were chicken but tasted like salmon.
Various sandwiches that were mostly cheese and pickle.
Few salad things and some cheese although the non mouldy ones want quickly.
Crackers etc.
Few iced beers and spirits plus the usual soft drinks, mixers and coffee machine.
Thanks for the trip report, always seem to have sandwiches at evening reception at that Hilton, did they have fizzy wine?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Thanks for the trip report, always seem to have sandwiches at evening reception at that Hilton, did they have fizzy wine?
No idea, sorry. Only went for the beer alcohol wise.
Some women were drinking what looked like white wine but it didnt look fizzy but that's not to say there wasn't any.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:02 am

No idea, sorry. Only went for the beer alcohol wise.
Some women were drinking what looked like white wine but it didnt look fizzy but that's not to say there wasn't any.
Oh ok mate, my last stay was Oct 2013 Just looked back on this thread.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:27 am

Having breakfast in the executive lounge at present.
One other person in here, no sign of any staff and about half a dozen tables covered in use plates etc.

Food consists of scrambled egg, bacon, pork sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, cold cuts and some cheese, bread, various cereals such as corn flakes and muesli, fruit and plain yogurt in individual pots.
Orange juice is ok, Apple juice overly sweetened.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:32 am

Having breakfast in the executive lounge at present.
One other person in here, no sign of any staff and about half a dozen tables covered in use plates etc.

Food consists of scrambled egg, bacon, pork sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, cold cuts and some cheese, bread, various cereals such as corn flakes and muesli, fruit and plain yogurt in individual pots.
Orange juice is ok, Apple juice overly sweetened.
When I was there I managed to get the same table ( in corner by window) at evening reception as I did at afternoon tea, the table still had the same plates and cups on it that I left there 3 hours ago!
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:36 am

They can't use the excuse they were too busy.! Heard some crockery clanking in the kitchen so someone is in there.
Might sit here all morning just to see if they can outdo the 3hrs

Added: popped in again just now and the tables have been cleared. One or two others with things on but can't say how long they've been there.

Hoppa Bus.

No problems getting this from the hotel. Caught it around 11:15-11:20am and a dozen people got on.
Went to the Travelodge first that is down a dead end back road behind the DHL etc. building. No problems getting in or out but could be tight if other traffic.
Then a rather convoluted trip around the Heathrow and Sofitel area due to the road system.
Took 15 mins perhaps.

Didn't know there was a Subway (sandwich shop) across the road from the Hilton entrance sign. Small place next to / under a couple of industrial buildings. Sign said open but no idea if it was on a Sunday morning.

Nice views from the front of the hotel of planes flying over. Stood on the little bridge and they were going overhead.

Last edited by xenole; Jul 24, 2017 at 4:07 am
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Hilton LHR T5

Heads up for those planning to travel to this hotel by car.

I like the hotel and the hotel has a large car park which historically has been more than adequate to meet the demand. More space than many other LHR hotels

However, be warned! It seems that the hotel is now renting out car park space to non residents for 'park and ride'. Challenge is that I found ZERO spaces in the car park on Tuesday evening with many folks parked on the verges and walkways. Seems the hotel is more interested in selling car parking space than keeping their customers happy.

At checkout I got a refund and encourage hotel guests to refuse to pay the parking charge if they are unable to park in a designated bay within a reasonable walk with luggage to the entrance...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have 4 adults staying here, from terminal 5 am I better getting a taxi rather the than paying for 4 returns on the Hoppa?
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gomac
I have 4 adults staying here, from terminal 5 am I better getting a taxi rather the than paying for 4 returns on the Hoppa?
taxi or contact the concierge at 01753 766410; they suggested me a local cab last time that was not too expensive. Hoppa is my last choice.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Gomac
Definitely. I think the Hoppa is £5 each way now. I've had the hotel provide a Mercedes E Class for £12 to T5 and you can bill it to the room.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 4:23 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Hilton T5 Review

Hilton London Heathrow Airport T5

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Poyle Road Colnbrook Slough, United Kingdom GB SL3 0FF

Hilton T5 Review (7 Photos)

Great hotel which has a few issues but nothing major.

Check In

Check in was pretty busy - I had to wait for about 5 mins while the 3 ladies sorted other folks out. I also had to point out the concept of a queue to a couple of folks but that is humans for you!

Room

I did not recieve an upgrade despite being Diamond.  No real apologies just told no upgrade - I am guessing because they were busy on the Exec floor but still poor.  That said the rooms are no different, just saves getting the lift to the lounge!

The bed was hard but then I find that at all Hiltons these days however the room was large and very very quiet - in fact I heard nothing for my stay.  The shower is a bit weak and was an over the bath type but al new and modern - the bathroom also had good light and the amenities were the usual Thomas Roth.  

A hairdryer was available and there was a plug close to a mirror - something that is forgotten in a lot of hotels.  There was also plugs by the bed.

41BD5483-77B9-4C2B-88C3-2E12B0231A9E.jpe6104781D-9FF1-41B1-994D-CE2265A59315.jpe4F154662-FCA2-458E-B7BD-5DC35217865F.jpe

Service

So I actually thought the service was a bit ‘miss’ on this visit.  Last time I stayed I thought the staff were great but they seemed fed up and short with me this time.  On check in, as I said no explanation as to why I had not been upgraded and not much chit chat although check in took a while.  I also said I would be dinning at the Indian restaurant - nope booked fora  function yet nothing on the website and again no apology.

In the lounge the lady worked hard clearing tables and was very pleasant.

Check-out was carried out by a really miserable guy - I know I was checking out at 0430 but he was really gruff and bordering rude.

I had been left a half bottle of red in my room, I suppose for being a Diamond yet when I called down to ask for it to be swapped for white I was told there were no half whites but she would see what she could do with her manager.  Needless to say nothing was done!

All in all the service was pretty average which is a shame.

Dining

I only had a few snacks in the Executive Lounge and they were average for a Hilton.  The hot food were chicken wings and something that I still dont know what it was - no labels on anything. A nice salad and cheese platter were laid out plus some sandwiches which were fresh but not what you would call exotic - cheese and tomato and ham and cucumber.....!

There was a white, rose and a red wine, plus beers and spirits.  The wine was OK and replenished constantly.  The beers were popular with the chaps in the lounge!

Overall I would say the lounge was pretty good - I just wish I knew what I ate!

485BF569-564C-463B-90B5-4DAE639A44B4.jpe72769E82-B4A3-4EF7-89A9-7CCEDB1AEEFC.jpe6D05729B-356F-4CD8-8646-4555E5D044D8.jpe2A8B1FE0-5043-4E84-803D-4AB98F4FAA8A.jpe

The hotel is labelled T5 but it is about as close to T5 as all the hotels on Bath road - the downside here is it is not on the free bus routes so you have to take a Hoppa (which I resent paying for!).  The Hoppa was late, despite the early hour so if you do stay here dont leave it until the last minute to leave.  The bus then stops at the Travelodge before heading off to T5.

It is under the flight path of Heathrow but I never heard a thing - good for plane spotting though!

Overall

Overall, despite some issues I would highly recommend this hotel.  The decor is modern, it has a calm atmosphere that some airport hotels fail to achieve and it is pretty easy to get to T5.

I also used the car park and my car was in the multi story with a barrier to get in and out - I felt it was safe and secure.  I have been at other airport hotels were you basicalLY park in a field (Crowne Plaza I am looking at you!).

Hilton T5 Review

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton London Heathrow Airport T5?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 6, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I booked 2 rooms for my mother and I before four Cathay flight to HKG and Tokyo.

I phoned up the concierge a few days before and booked the Meet & Greet with Windsor Cars (£24 from T5) as we had some luggage.

They met us at domestic arrivals and it was a nice ride to the hotel.

For the first time here I did not receive an upgrade to the Executive Floor but instead had rooms on the 3rd floor. I asked about lounge access and the keys were programmed for lounge access with no problems.
There did seem to be a convention on with business people ( a little unusual for a friday night) around the bar area and outside smoking

The 3rd floor rooms were similar to the 4th floor rooms except there was only a combined bath/shower in the 3rd floor rooms ( a little awkward to get into the bath as it has deep sides) compared to the separate bath/shower on the 4th floor rooms.

The lounge was open to 11pm so my mother and I got some tea and cookies,

Rooms were quiet and both rooms got a bar of chocolate as a welcome gift

Breakfast in the lounge was very good with a wide variety of hot and cold items ( and now a Nespresso machine)

The 24hr gym is good.

We booked a taxi through the Concierge to take us to T3 ( Windsor Cars again) and it was a nice Mercedes car . £18 to T3 and a quiet ride at 0830 on a saturday ( around 15mins to T3)

Overall a very good stay.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:36 am

Lounge Open?

Can someone let me know whether the lounge is accessible all day (for those authorized to enter) or only during breakfast/tea/drinks times? I like to pop in occasionally for a coffee or a soda. Thanks.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by observer
Can someone let me know whether the lounge is accessible all day (for those authorized to enter) or only during breakfast/tea/drinks times? I like to pop in occasionally for a coffee or a soda. Thanks.
I haven't stayed at the T5 Hilton in a few years, but when I have stayed it was open continually from breakfast until the evening. It was usually unstaffed. At Hilton portfolio properties outside the U.S. with lounges, the lounges are available all day. Often there is a jar of cookies, a bowel of whole fruit, or some such nominal snack along with coffee, tea, and usually sodas and such. I've been staying at the T4 Hilton the past few years, and its lounge is like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.