FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Terminal 5 {GBR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1250405-hilton-london-heathrow-airport-lhr-terminal-5-gbr.html)

Koby Aug 13, 2011 1:35 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 16914424)
[*]30 minutes from central London by train

:mad: They should prohibit this kind of nonsenses. 30 minutes, yes, maybe, if you are very lucky with the connection (Hoppa > Heathrow Express). And they don't tell you that a return trip to London will cost you close to 50£.

Anyway, have booked one night late September. Let's see if they stick to their schedule. :)

stevie-d Aug 13, 2011 2:48 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 16914424)
It doesn't appear that the T-5 Hilton is replacing the old T-4 Hilton - they are both available. Well, the T-5 is available "This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands and is presently accepting reservations for arrival September 14, 2011 and beyond." We've booked it for two stays in October when we will be using T-5 and leaving some "buffer" time for connecting flights (making BA SFO-LHR-SFO and LHR-ATH, adding MK MLA-LHR made the trip ~$1,000 cheaper).

Hilton London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
Poyle Road Colnbrook SL3 0FF, United Kingdom
Telephone 44 1753 686860

• Just minutes from Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 – connected by regular bus transfers
  • 30 minutes from central London by train
  • Executive Lounge and business centre
  • 24 Fitness Centre and luxury Spa with sauna

(Claim is Hotel Hoppa bus or hotel shuttle available, iirc.)

I noticed this info this morning myself when looking to book a T5 hotel for early Oct '11. The T4 Hilton has a dedicated shuttle bus, but as stated the new T5 refers to use of the Hoppa buses, not so good?

JDiver Aug 13, 2011 9:41 am

I believe I uncovered some shuttle information but can't recollect where at the moment - I am an official Hoppa Hata. ;)

Originally Posted by stevie-d (Post 16914983)
I noticed this info this morning myself when looking to book a T5 hotel for early Oct '11. The T4 Hilton has a dedicated shuttle bus, but as stated the new T5 refers to use of the Hoppa buses, not so good?

Colin Aug 22, 2011 10:55 am

Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 5

New hotel set to open 5th Sept 2011.

The hotel is misleadingly named because the hotel is not connected to Terminal 5.

In fact, there is not even a courtesy shuttle (only Hotel Hoppa), which makes this hotel an inferior choice for Terminal 5 BA passengers than the current Hilton London Heathrow at T4 which has twice-hourly free shuttles between the hotel and T5.

jerry a. laska Aug 22, 2011 11:55 am

See discussion (including posts about the Sept. 5, 2011 opening) here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...-5-2010-a.html
Agreed that the Hoppa puts this Hilton at a disadvantage.

moore1984 Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

I can't believe the rates that this hotel is charging already. Fair enough in 2012 with the Olympics but I can't believe Hilton are filling T4 and T5 hotels every night. I thought the introduction of the additional hotel would bring rates down, not push them up by 20-30%.

Can't believe they are not sharing the T4 bus and running to both hotels. Unless the hotels are owned by different franchises, this is crazy.

mookie10 Aug 22, 2011 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by moore1984 (Post 16972502)
I can't believe the rates that this hotel is charging already. Fair enough in 2012 with the Olympics but I can't believe Hilton are filling T4 and T5 hotels every night. I thought the introduction of the additional hotel would bring rates down, not push them up by 20-30%.

Can't believe they are not sharing the T4 bus and running to both hotels. Unless the hotels are owned by different franchises, this is crazy.

+1 Also, IIRC the new hotel will be located on a very non-descript industrial estate area with no other useful amenities nearby.

kmandrew Aug 27, 2011 11:07 am

Just got AA to give me a free layover, arriving from PRG on BA at 1:30 flying to DFW next day at 12:15. Thinking of staying at the LHR Hilton; storing my gear then taking the train downtown. From what I have read here seems like I should stick with T4 property?

The _Banking_Scot Aug 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi,

I think with the LHR T5 hilton you will need to get the bus to T5 and the change to the train or underground . If you stay at the LHR T4 Hilton then you can get the train straight from T4.

Regards

TBS

kmandrew Aug 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Managed to get First on 7:45 AA to ORD (miracle) any advice on what time I should leave the hotel, I booked the Hilton T4?

Andriyko Aug 31, 2011 1:58 am

Originally Posted by kmandrew (Post 17024442)
Managed to get First on 7:45 AA to ORD (miracle) any advice on what time I should leave the hotel, I booked the Hilton T4?

You can get to T3 (Central) via Heathrow Connect from Hilton T4. Check their schedule online and decide how much time you need to spend at the terminal.

Koby Aug 31, 2011 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 16916223)
I believe I uncovered some shuttle information but can't recollect where at the moment - I am an official Hoppa Hata. ;)

It's official. The H57 Hoppa buses now have "Hilton T5" listed on the front. ;)

JDiver Aug 31, 2011 4:00 pm

:bleagh: Thanks - now I know which Hoppa I'm stuck with, er, have to take IF the following isn't working:

"Heathrow Hotel Transfers:
Unlike most international airports, Heathrow's hotels are not allowed to operate their own hotel shuttle vehicles. The only exception is the Hilton Hotel that runs a bus between Terminal 5 and the Hilton Hotel only." ^

Originally Posted by Koby (Post 17030778)
It's official. The H57 Hoppa buses now have "Hilton T5" listed on the front. ;)

GVA Aug 31, 2011 4:36 pm

If this place thinks they can get people in for £189 a night on weekend nights then I wish them good luck.

Out of intrigue would have tried them out at 50ish GBP (ie what the Sheratons charge), but the above for a standard room is just foolish.

stevie-d Aug 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by stevie-d (Post 16914983)

In the end I booked the Sofitel, for a lower rate. You can walk straight to and from the Sofitel from T5 without hanging about for Hoppa buses.