Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Antwerp {BEL}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: too many
Had a one-night stay there a few weeks ago.
Check-in: excellent. My wife arrived earlioer than me, they let her check in without a hassle. Upgraded from Twin guest room to a King bed junior suite despite letters at reception stating the hotel would be fully booked.

Room: Very spacious, furniture looked new (i.e. no scratches etc). Massive TV, bathtub AND separate shower, bathrobe and amenities.

Breakfast : included as Diamond member, lots of choices (sausages with herbs, bacon, eggs, omelette or poached eggs on demand,...and of course a waffle machine! :-) ) Probably one of the best breakfasts I've had in Europe

Lounge: empty when we came in, terrace was too cold.
Requested late check out, 2:45pm guaranteed plus lounge access until 4:30pm

An excellent stay overall
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Arrived 2-30pm, swift check in , very friendly FD staff......preupgraded to j.suite from king guests room two days before and given keys to suite on 3rd floor, didn't do OLCI as website was down for maintenance...... lovely suite overlooking inner courtyard, extremely quiet!.......it's very big ( will upload some photos later ) and nice.
Bed is king not super king, huge tv, sofa and chairs........,.bathroom is a fair size , nice big bath , separate shower .
Went to lounge for a coffee before a wander around the square, nice cherry cake and some tortillas available......it was actually nice to sit out on the executive lounge terrace in a t shirt.
Now back in room getting ready for lounge......will report back!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived 2-30pm, swift check in , very friendly FD staff......preupgraded to j.suite from king guests room two days before and given keys to suite on 3rd floor, didn't do OLCI as website was down for maintenance...... lovely suite overlooking inner courtyard, extremely quiet!.......it's very big ( will upload some photos later ) and nice.
Bed is king not super king, huge tv, sofa and chairs........,.bathroom is a fair size , nice big bath , separate shower .
Went to lounge for a coffee before a wander around the square, nice cherry cake and some tortillas available......it was actually nice to sit out on the executive lounge terrace in a t shirt.
Now back in room getting ready for lounge......will report back!
Now in lounge, it's quiet, just a handful of people ......it's a very old fashioned style in here but I like it.

CANAPÉS- hot sausage rolls, potato waffles, some olives in rice, salads and breads....there is a cheese board too but it's rubbish.

BEERS - Stella, juniper and de konick ( I must mention the beer fridge was open all day! )

WINE - red white rose and cava

SPIRITS- scotch whisky, London gin, vodka and Bacardi.

Will report back as evening continues....
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: HH D
About the Jupiler: is this the regular Jupiler or is it Jupiler 0.0?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by Sisosig
About the Jupiler: is this the regular Jupiler or is it Jupiler 0.0?
It's the 0.0 version, I tried some last night at Hilton Brussels........I didn't realise it was alcohol free until my lady pointed this out.....tasted like normal beer!

Now moved to the outside terrace, it's crazy being shirt weather this time of year in October!......lounge and terrace very quiet, I'm guessing hotel is not busy at all......pleasant!.....will report back!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:04 pm

....... now inside, there is some comfy sofas down the end!......... little bit of a miss communication as at check in I was told happy hour finished at 8-30pm, now been told by lounge dragon that it's 8pm, not fussed as I'm not drinking tonight ( well, just one ) as last night was heavy.......no big deal but be aware.
Off for a wander to find a restaurant soon......will report back!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:45 pm

........had some pasta at thas street cafe ( nothing remarkable), now back and about to retire....... nice evening in lounge tonight, in morning I really must hit the gym before breakfast......will report back!
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by wizla
CANAPÉS- hot sausage rolls, potato waffles, some olives in rice, salads and breads....there is a cheese board too but it's rubbish.
A lot better than when I stayed last year, there must have been something hot but I forgot what it was.

Normally I'll eat whatever hotel lounges decide to serve, but I remember that here I only had a drink and a plate of crisps and biscuits before deciding to leave...
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by :D!
A lot better than when I stayed last year, there must have been something hot but I forgot what it was.

Normally I'll eat whatever hotel lounges decide to serve, but I remember that here I only had a drink and a plate of crisps and biscuits before deciding to leave...
Yes I didn't indulge, I had a glass of fizz and some nuts but the rest looked somewhat uninspiring, I ended up at a Turkish cafe down the road , nice kebap ( that's a kebab to the English) .
Slept well , bed comfy!.... gym small two of everything........breakfast is good here from what I remember....will report back!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:11 am

......Amazing breakfast, huge selection!, they even have a chocolate fountain here for the waffles, shame children kept putting their fingers into it and licking which them , this spoilt the concept.
Now back in room, off to explore....will report back!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Heading to the hotel in a few hours. You might see me in the lounge Wizla
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
Heading to the hotel in a few hours. You might see me in the lounge Wizla
Yeah cool, i will be in there tonight albeit briefly as my lady is taking me out to dinner ( it's my birthday ) , black carhartt shirt with white buttons, black jeans.....come and say hi.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:48 am

.....got back at 3-30pm, popped to lounge for a cup of tea, nice apricot cake and some tortillas, crisps, nuts etc........now back in room, soak in bath before lounge and dinner........ will report back!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:17 am

.....just arrived at lounge, few people dotted about but generally very quiet.......

CANAPÉS- meat croquets and vegetable egg flan......ok cheese board ( three cheeses, walnuts and apricots), salad and chocolate slices.

BEERS, SPIRITS AND WINE - same as last nights post.

I won't be in here long tonight as we are off out to dinner but the vibe is pleasant,the sun is shining out on the terrace....all good......will report back!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Happy birthday Wizla 🎉🥂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.