Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton New York City - Times Square {US-NY} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by jaguar99
Parade route was changed this year to go down 7th ave, rather than Broadway. Another Bloomberg modification to the city.
Checked in today and got a upgrade (with a small fee) to an upper level conference room suite (XX03) with a perfect view up 7th avenue all the way to central park. Needless to say my two youngsters are thrilled. I am sure we will hit the street at some point to get the true experience, but with two in tow, we look forward to the view from our room
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I checked out of this property yesterday in the same room on a high floor and an award stay. I snagged the room for free from the OLCI. What a great view! And being up nearly 400 ft drowns out all the sirens and horns. Two things you need to know. First, if you're using the pull-out couch, the mattress is horrible. You can feel every spring in it. You might check to see if they have sort of topper they can put on it. The second thing is they are offering a $50 food and beverage(!) credit for award stays. Contrary to the T&Cs, you don't have to present the cert at check-in. You give it to them at check-out and they will gladly remove the amount from your bill. Go here to print it out:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cont...ards-HHC-4.pdf
Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
MayorMcKnife, that's a great tip! Thank you very much! Very generous of the DBT TS. Odd that it's only on award stays.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 1:34 pm

How did the viewing work out for you? I've considered doing the same with my kids, but wasn't sure if the view from above the floats would be as good as being on the street.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 12:50 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
The second thing is they are offering a $50 food and beverage(!) credit for award stays. Contrary to the T&Cs, you don't have to present the cert at check-in. You give it to them at check-out and they will gladly remove the amount from your bill. Go here to print it out:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cont...ards-HHC-4.pdf
Yes, excellent tip MayorMcKnife! I have an award stay booked there already, but it is not until June, 2010 so unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of the offer. But I'm sure many will be able to.

I am curious, where did you come across this certificate? Are there any pre-qualifications for use? The reason I ask is that there is a rather odd line in the fine print, and I'm not sure what it means:
Guest's reservation history will be reviewed at check-in to ensure reward stay is eligible for this special offer.
I wonder what it means?
Old Nov 27, 2009, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by vangrizz
How did the viewing work out for you? I've considered doing the same with my kids, but wasn't sure if the view from above the floats would be as good as being on the street.
The view was great, although it may have been better from a lower floor (~20). Those were reserved as a package for a paid stay. We spent about an hour on the street as well, but my kids actually preferred the view from the room.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Looking to book a March award stay for my son and me at the DT TS, but Hilton.com says there are no two-bedded rooms available. Can this be true? It's no problem at the HGI one block west on 8th.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Looking to book a March award stay for my son and me at the DT TS, but Hilton.com says there are no two-bedded rooms available. Can this be true? It's no problem at the HGI one block west on 8th.
As noted previously in this thread, the standard award room has one bed. I added a note plus called the hotel a week before arriving to request two beds. It wasn't a problem getting that room, but it's not 100% guaranteed.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:06 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by linsj
As noted previously in this thread, the standard award room has one bed. I added a note plus called the hotel a week before arriving to request two beds. It wasn't a problem getting that room, but it's not 100% guaranteed.
I will second that. We were traveling with 6 people (3 kids, 3 adults) on an award stay a few weeks ago. I emailed the general manager of the hotel and they put us in a 2 bed unit and actually as a Diamond upgraded us to a Premium 2 bed on a high floor. Since your stay is in March you should be in plenty of time if you make this request now. Great hotel!!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Yes, excellent tip MayorMcKnife
I am curious, where did you come across this certificate? Are there any pre-qualifications for use? The reason I ask is that there is a rather odd line in the fine print, and I'm not sure what it means:

"Guest's reservation history will be reviewed at check-in to ensure reward stay is eligible for this special offer."

I wonder what it means?
That is some strange language since an award stay is pretty generic. And mine happened to be a Diamond force. I think what they are trying to say is that the will review the resi to ensure it's truly an award stay.

I found the link on the hotel web page (http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...-York/index.do) and saw "HHonors Reward Redemption - Special Offer!" on the right side. I saw this long after I made the award stay. They didn't bat an eye at it when I produced it at check-in or check-out. I had $55 charged from the restaurant and they took $50 off.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by BearX220
Looking to book a March award stay for my son and me at the DT TS.....
I posted this in another HH thread, but it may go unnoticed and everyone should know about a great special going on until March for award stays.

Goto the DT TS web page (http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...-York/index.do) and look for "HHonors Reward Redemption - Special Offer!" on the right side. You can also go here directly:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cont...ards-HHC-4.pdf. It gives you a $50 food/beverage credit. I used it a few weeks ago and it worked just fine. Contrary to the T&Cs, you produce it at check-out for the credit.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: United/CO, AAdvantage, Hilton Diamond , Delta Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott & PC Plat
Originally Posted by MayorMcKnife
I posted this in another HH thread, but it may go unnoticed and everyone should know about a great special going on until March for award stays.

Goto the DT TS web page (http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/...-York/index.do) and look for "HHonors Reward Redemption - Special Offer!" on the right side.
Thanks !!!!!!! Just booked for one night St Patricks Day !!!!!!! Figured the $50 and late checkout would come in handy.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:57 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by kyletrems
Thanks !!!!!!! Just booked for one night St Patricks Day !!!!!!! Figured the $50 and late checkout would come in handy.
I love FlyerTalk!!! This is perfect for my March reward stay! Thanks!!!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jjlovecub
I emailed the general manager of the hotel and they put us in a 2 bed unit and actually as a Diamond upgraded us to a Premium 2 bed on a high floor. Since your stay is in March you should be in plenty of time if you make this request now.
I am only Gold but perhaps this would work for me too -- would rather stay here than the HTS. Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:25 pm

Programs: SQ Solitaire, HH Diamond, Shangrila Golden Circle Diamond, Leaders Club (LHW)
Reward booking for 4 Adults Query

Hi, is it possible for me to book one room for 4 adults (all girls) for a GLON reward stay at Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square NY for Nov 2010? I'm a Diamond member whilst my 3 friends have no status with Hilton.

I read the standard reward room is one bed but there's a sofa bed available, and some HHonors members have reported getting 2 beds.

If I choose MyWay option of a room upgrade subject to availability and exec lounge access, would I get a room upgrade (considering Nov is high season) and what room would this be?

Would we get breakfast for all 4 guests or only for two? We dont mind paying for breakfast for the extra two.

I'm also planning to go to Washington DC as part of the same trip. I've read the other threads re: Hilton-related hotels and am confused which hotel to choose. Please could you advise which hotel is suitable for sightseeing, can accommodate 4 adults in one room, has free decent breakfast and decent lounge access and internet?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.