FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Scandic Added To — Then Out of — Hilton Honors: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/123830-scandic-added-then-out-hilton-honors-definitive-thread.html)

GUWonder Feb 24, 2006 5:25 pm

With the Pending HHonors Changes, Will Scandic Stays Start to Count for Status?

Currently, the number of nights spent at Scandic Hotels do count for elite status qualification; however, the number of stays at Scandic hotel do not count for elite status qualification.

With the new Hilton HHonors changes that radically adjust the point earning and spending when using Scandic hotels, will Scandic hotel stays finally start to count for those pursuing HHonors elite status on the basis of number of stays (and not on the basis of hotel nights)?

nixande Apr 7, 2006 9:25 am

Do Scandic Bonus cheque stays count for status?

You can buy bonus cheques book at Scandic:

You just buy one book, which contains 12 cheques – and for this you pay a very reasonable price. Each Bonus Cheque is valid for one overnight stay in a single room including breakfast. Cheques are valid any day of the week for at least one year.

They can be used by one person or shared among colleagues, as they are not tied to one person.

A book of twelve Bonus Cheques costs SEK 10,943(1,162€) excluding VAT, so you will pay SEK 912(97€) for a one-night stay in a single room including a large breakfast buffet. At some hotels a supplement is payable when you use a cheque.
Does anyone have any experience with if these count normal as stays and do give points?

mareh Jul 7, 2006 12:31 pm

Vaxjo or Kalmar Scandics?

Has anyone stayed in either of these properties? I read through a lot of old threads, but couldn't find any reports on these. Thanks.

BamaVol Oct 4, 2006 9:04 pm

What HH bargains are left in Europe now that Scandics aren't 10,000 pts/night?

Title says it all. I never got a Scandic stay in before the change . Are there still some bargains left?

carbonaddict Oct 5, 2006 2:28 am

many scandics are still category 1, ie 10000 a night - obviously not the best ones but a few are still worth looking at. however hilton is looking for buyers for scandic so perhaps not for much longer.

tsastor Oct 5, 2006 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by carbonaddict
however hilton is looking for buyers for scandic so perhaps not for much longer.

or an optimist would say: maybe again soon :)

norske Jan 28, 2007 9:37 am

hilton sells scandics?

According to the Norway Post www.norwaypost.no
The U.S. Hilton Group has decided to sell off all of its 140 Scandic hotels.....:eek:

MacDaddie Jan 28, 2007 9:50 am

Wouldn't be surprised

It would be unfortunate but could also easily see it happening. Its really too bad since Hilton doesn't have many hotels in Scandanavia and even some of the other European sites of Scandic are nice like Brugge.

Now maybe they'll replace them all with Hampton Inns or Hilton Garden Inns.

mandc2000 Jan 28, 2007 1:13 pm

One quote from a hotel employee does not a fact make ..however Hilton seem to be reviewing their European operations again ...

olegator Jan 28, 2007 1:30 pm

sigh :(

BlondeBomber Jan 28, 2007 1:39 pm

it is possible that another European based operator could pick up the properties (Hilton US doesn't own all Hilton properties around the world). In this way, Scandic may be able to be associated with HHonors still . . .?

GUWonder Jan 28, 2007 8:24 pm

I just hope that no radical changes go into effect prior to the end of this coming summer.

craz Jan 29, 2007 7:47 am

I wonder if it is sold if HH will pay for all those who are holding a res for when it was still 10,000 pts a night at any Scandic? Or simply redeposit the pts into everyones acct.

tsastor Jan 29, 2007 11:57 am

Either way, I can live with it. When Scandics are sold I of course assume they will reinstate the 10k awards to all properties :cool:. I'm more interested in that when the Scandics are sold, will Hilton be able to retain the Nordic Hiltons or will they go too...?

holtju2 Jan 30, 2007 10:23 pm

This doesn't really make any sense. They just acquired these few years ago. At least in Finland they converted one IC and one non-branded Scandic property to Hilton. Is this all they would retain?

Some bankers must be happy. :p