Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, AC Altitude 35K, AAdvantage, SkyMiles, Bonvoy Silver and a few more
Question Silver Benefits

So, I just found out that no water is given to Silver status members at Hampton Inns even though this is in the website: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...its/index.html Seems a little deceiving because when you click on silver benefits, in the fine print this appears:
  • Two complimentary bottles of water per stay (at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™ hotels)

So...Hilton, which is it ? Sure it's water, but in my mind it's the principle of showing one and hiding the other. Rant is now over
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Do you typically get a rejection email if your status match is denied?

I applied for a status match for my IHG Platinum status last Monday; It's been 7 business days since then with no confirmation or even any acknowledgement email that my status match is in progress.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Can you status match using bonvoy titanium to extend diamond status if you are already diamond, but don't expect to get to the normal qualification requirements?

Last edited by cennis; Jul 14, 2019 at 12:25 am
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:50 am
Suspended

I match to Hilton gold with my Marriott status in 16, now I need to stay at Hilton again as there are no Marriott in Luxor, can I match to diamond again with the same Hilton account? Or should I register another new Hilton account?

I only want to use diamond benefit for once
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:09 am

I'm trying to get a status match/challenge for IHG (ambassador) platinum but strangely not having any success.

First try was last Wednesday (12 Jun). No acknowledgement or rejection email. Sent HHonors an email, got a reply on 21 Jun: "... our team is unable to validate the documents. Further, kindly resubmit the valid documents on the portal so that our team can validate and provide you a proper resolution."

Did as they requested and re-submitted, will check again towards the end of this week to see if it's successful this 2nd time ...
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Make sure your images are in the format that they require.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Make sure your images are in the format that they require.
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Saved both images in jpg as they requested, 2nd try doesn't seem to be successful either (but as with the 1st try, no rejection email). I emailed them separately but also no response. Oh well, it just isn't meant to be I suppose.

IHG
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Saved both images in jpg as they requested, 2nd try doesn't seem to be successful either (but as with the 1st try, no rejection email). I emailed them separately but also no response. Oh well, it just isn't meant to be I suppose.

IHG
When I matched (granted, it was 3 years ago), I sent them a screenshot of my IHG card (as you have done), but I also included the first page of my "Past Stays" history. I got the impression that they are trying to prevent people from doing a match-to-match-to-match game, where they bootstrap a minimal status from someone like Best Western into Hilton Diamond without actually staying in many (any?) hotels.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
I submitted a status match request last Friday (28 June) based on my IHG Platinum Ambassador status. I didn't receive an email of any sort but I happened to look at my HH account today and noted that my status is now Diamond. However, it's telling me that I need to complete 29 stays or 59 nights to retain Diamond next year as opposed to the 8 stays in 90 days that the status match application page spells out. So I don't know if I was actually status matched or just giving a Diamond trial membership.

Oh well, I have some stays booked over this weekend and another weekend in July so at least I'll get to sample the Diamond treatment at least.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
I don't believe Hilton has a tracker for challenges. You'll need to keep track yourself.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
The tracker on the main page does not show challenges. From the main My Account page click on My Offers on the left side, then once on the next page click on Active Offers. You will likely find the challenge there, albeit with no tracker
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
The tracker on the main page does not show challenges. From the main My Account page click on My Offers on the left side, then once on the next page click on Active Offers. You will likely find the challenge there, albeit with no tracker
Yup. There it is. "RV Fast Track to Diamond" with an expiration date of 30 November. Thanks all.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
I don't believe Hilton has a tracker for challenges. You'll need to keep track yourself.
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
The last time I did a Gold fast track my tracker updated to say "4 stays until Gold". YMMV...
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Croptop
I submitted a status match request last Friday (28 June) based on my IHG Platinum Ambassador status.
Ah well, no idea why Hhonors doesn't want to match my IHG Platinum Ambassador. Have tried 3 times now (twice on website, once via email), nothing. Just isn't meant to be I suppose.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:47 am

Programs: BA silver, Accor platinum, HH silver, M&M
My status match has been rejected today. ( Accor platinum for 9 years)
First time in 6 years, I had it 3 times in a row.
Did they change or tighten up the rules?
Going to Tokyo next year, wonder if I need to apply for American express platinum !

"Dear David,

My apologies. We have confirmed that your account had previously received the Status Match offer on March 8th 2017. This offer is valid only once per member, it cannot be used to extend status already awarded under the offer. We are unable to offer you another Status Match offer. We regret any inconvenience this has caused.

We appreciate you choosing Hilton hotels for your future travels and stays and your ongoing loyalty with us.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for your continuing support of Hilton and the Hilton Honors guest reward program."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.