Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2019] The Definitive Hilton Honors Status Match Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...2019-a-12.html

Otherwise stay 60 nights and receive Diamond until March 2020.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Sorry I don't really follow this thread but thought I'd share this, in case if it hasn't been posted.

https://statusmatch.hiltonhonors.com/
Hey, thanks for posting this link😀

I'm on vacation right now for 11 nights in La Quinta's Waldorf Astoria Hilton golf resort & saw I had hit gold with Marriott. Popped in here as I wondered if there was a status match offer available, followed your link & within 24hrs, I got the match. 80% points stacked with the other promos will make this a sweet 11 night stay. Cheers👍
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I managed to get status matched from IHG Gold to Hilton Gold, which surprised me slightly because I think IHG Gold is quite a low level status. It seems to me that Hilton Gold carries quite a bit of value, if they really offer you free breakfast. However, for my upcoming Moscow stays I booked a couple of more homey choices from Lonely Planet recommendations, as LP suggestions at all price levels rarely disappoint me.

So, for my challenge I need to complete 4 stays by end of November and I have 3 booked. Am considering a night at an often reasonably priced Hampton in Dortmund just to make up the 4th stay.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Concerto
I managed to get status matched from IHG Gold to Hilton Gold, which surprised me slightly because I think IHG Gold is quite a low level status. It seems to me that Hilton Gold carries quite a bit of value, if they really offer you free breakfast. However, for my upcoming Moscow stays I booked a couple of more homey choices from Lonely Planet recommendations, as LP suggestions at all price levels rarely disappoint me.

So, for my challenge I need to complete 4 stays by end of November and I have 3 booked. Am considering a night at an often reasonably priced Hampton in Dortmund just to make up the 4th stay.
Day rates count too.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I just wasted my status match. I signed up and then decided I wasn't going to do 8 stays in 90 days. Then I decided, I would rather just get the Hilton Aspire.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I submitted my IHG Plat card info plus my stays from 2018 on Monday, On Tuesday I got an email that I was approved for Diamond status match, and I would be Diamond for next 90 days. Already have six stays booked. :-)
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Hilton Diamond has proved to be a quick cure for future stays that were booked at a weak HI, CP or HIex property.

IHG Plat for Diamond is a great value match .

Some cities are just not that strong for IHG and this Hilton option has worked for me fairly well so far in Bangkok, Moscow, Helsinki, Milan......
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MAXII
Hey, thanks for posting this link😀

I'm on vacation right now for 11 nights in La Quinta's Waldorf Astoria Hilton golf resort & saw I had hit gold with Marriott. Popped in here as I wondered if there was a status match offer available, followed your link & within 24hrs, I got the match. 80% points stacked with the other promos will make this a sweet 11 night stay. Cheers👍
Do points post based on status at the start of one's stay, or at the end?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:27 am

Points are based on the status upon check-out (or seemingly, when it posts).
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Do points post based on status at the start of one's stay, or at the end?
Originally Posted by stargold
Points are based on the status upon check-out (or seemingly, when it posts).
​​​​​​Yes, I received the 80% Gold bonus (plus other bonuses) on checkout & also received f&b credit in lieu of breakfast for all days of the stay, including the first couple of days I was at Silver👍
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:54 pm

Email Says 4 Stays but App indicates 17 Req'd

My status match email notes I need 4 Stays by Nov. 29th to retain Gold through March 2020. I just noticed my app indicates I need 17 to retain Gold. Should I be concerned?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The app does not take the fast track into consideration, only the normal means of attaining status. You will need to keep track of your progress towards the fast track goal on your own.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Status match from Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite to Hilton Diamond approved less than 5 hours from time of submission!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Barcky
Status match from Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite to Hilton Diamond approved less than 5 hours from time of submission!
Status match or status challenge?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,PC Plat,MR Lifetme Titanium,Ex-CO Plat,UA 1K
Thanks for the replies! Just got an email that I have Diamond until 2020. They did use the the 3 June stays and I thank them for the consideration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.