FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Where to go? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1106326-where-go.html)

ejs621 Jul 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by kirkpt (Post 14317351)
Just went to Barbados last month. Nice upgrade to Oceanfront on Executive floor as diamond on points. Scuba was great. Great use for cert's, although I have never been to Cancun or Cabos.
We also have 6 certs and are trying to decide where to go in Oct. Is Cancun nicer than Cabos? We already have seats to Cabos, but could change?

Oct in Cancun can be iffy, it is still hurricane season. Even if you don't get a hurricane,there can be a lot off tropical waves coming in from the Caribbean, meaning lots of clouds and rain.

Cheers!

MoreMilesPlease Jul 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by ejs621 (Post 14322097)
Oct in Cancun can be iffy, it is still hurricane season. Even if you don't get a hurricane,there can be a lot off tropical waves coming in from the Caribbean, meaning lots of clouds and rain.

Cheers!

Hurricane season not a problem as the OP is looking to go in January.

Jacquelyn Hyde Jul 19, 2010 12:34 pm

We were in Barbados last February. Weather was beautiful every day, in the high 80s / low 90s. The Hilton beach and pool area are magnificent. The water was certainly warm enough. I have 2 young kids who won't go swimming if the water is too cold. The waves were pretty big when we were there, mostly due to the winds. Those that did not want to battle the waves stayed in the shallow area. It was nice, as it stayed shallow for a bit before it became deep. There were many people out with surf boards and body boards.

My vote is for Barbados. Let me know if you have specific questions about the hotel or anything else.

drawonme Jul 21, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks Everyone for the information!

We decided on Cancun...was able to use my US Air Miles for 2 round trip tickets and used my 5 free nights at the Hilton!

So excited!!

I love being a road warrior now!

dcshungu Jul 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by drawonme (Post 14313501)
Hi!

During the last promotion I earned 5 nights. We are looking into going to either Las Cabos or Barbados or do you suggest another destination? Which is the better destination in January?

Thank you for your assistance,

Deena

Does not matter. As long as your heart is into it, you'll have a good time. Barbados Hilton worked out for me although I thought the city was really run down. I looked around and did not see much, and just decided to stay around Hilton at night, where everything looked pristine. It was my birthday and I did not need to go off the Hilton property to celebrate. The music was right there next door and it just happened!!! (BTW: it did not hurt that a British Airways hostess was also having her birthday on the same night, and I wound up with others in her suite!).

I am thinking about doing it again this Nov....