FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Shocking HH rule - no points for incidentals on awards stay - is this true ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1097699-shocking-hh-rule-no-points-incidentals-awards-stay-true.html)

El Puerco Volante Jun 21, 2010 5:44 am

Shocking HH rule - no points for incidentals on awards stay - is this true ?

A question for HH experts :

Recently I stayed in a Conrad hotel using HH points. On check-out I paid my bill for accidentals ( food/spa/other ) and was expecting to receive HH points for the amount spent ( nearly 2000 $ ).

No points has been posted, so I sent a kind email to HHonors. Now I have received a shocking reply - if you are on award stay, no HH points will be given for accidentals !!!

This is unbelievably wrong in my opinion - the room has been paid with points, but I still spent a lot of money in this hotel and would expect to get points for this amount.

Every other chain that I use ( Priority Club, Hyatt ) always give points for accidentals on award stays. So I can't just believe that Hilton have a policy that prevents this !

Does somebody actually knows the truth ?

I'm HH Diamond, earned it hard way. But if this tuns out to be the case - I will just burn all my points ASAP, close my HH account and never put a foot in Hilton property again.

If all other hotels are giving points for accidentals - I do not see any reason why Hilton should not. This, in my opinion, just a very cheap trick thought in order to save few points - but it will end up making loyal customers leave for other chains.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.

mp007 Jun 21, 2010 5:51 am

Hi,

I had the same situation 2 weeks ago and I just called Diamond desk and they advise me to send a copy of my folio to [email protected] to get a credit for incidentals.

So my opinion is thyt you should get points for incidentals.

Regards, mp007

Winecaptain Jun 21, 2010 6:09 am

Have not used points for stays recently, however I have used Q3FN awards. I received my points at the W-A Park City for all of my spending, just like I would normally. Would assume the same for a point stay.

bdemaria Jun 21, 2010 6:11 am

I have incurred incidental charges on award stays and always rec'd points and stay credit for these charges (including two award stays from the past week, one in the US and one int'l, both Hiltons - not Conrads - but I can't believe that would make a difference).

GoldCircle Jun 21, 2010 6:30 am

Incidentals 100% definitely DO earn HH points.

And you can also claim 1k HH points for your MyWay Preference, if it was set correctly at the time of the stay (ie not to upgrade/breakfast or free internet).

flying finn Jun 21, 2010 7:14 am

My recent stay using Q3FN awards posted and I got credit for the stay but no points for the incidentals that were charged to the room. I will contact them for credit.

JDiver Jun 21, 2010 11:18 am

This has been an issue for some of us this year - an award stay, significant incidentals, denial of points. Perhaps one of our HHonors stalwarts will chime it, because it is virtually impossible to get anything credible and official on the telephone or e-mail, and denial is in conflict with HHonors site posted T&Cs.

If they indeed adopt such a rule, they are bigger idiots than I give them credit for - because we will be encouraged to spend money we used to earn points on OUTSIDE THE HOTEL.

cordelli Jun 21, 2010 11:27 am

Pretty cut and dry according to the terms and conditions:

Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays. But members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a Hilton Family hotel during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton®, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®, and the Waldorf Astoria hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel.

So at the Conrad you should have gotten them.

gamehendge2000 Jun 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Have had no problems getting points (on incidentals and 1000 MyWays) on reward stays this year (both point-based reservations at Hilton, and Q3FN at W-A).

Didn't even need to ask....

Zurich Flyer Jun 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante (Post 14168837)
A question for HH experts :

No points has been posted, so I sent a kind email to HHonors. Now I have received a shocking reply - if you are on award stay, no HH points will be given for accidentals !!!

This is unbelievably wrong in my opinion - the room has been paid with points, but I still spent a lot of money in this hotel and would expect to get points for this amount.

Does somebody actually knows the truth ?

Yes, they do have such a policy
Like you, I think this is totally wrong. Like you, I was in the same situation.

PS; I remember that until last year one got points and stay credits for award stays

sc flier Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer (Post 14171128)
[*]Reward stays are no "eligible" stays - http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rual_of_points - see number 3: "... Reward Stays...."[/LIST]

Then continue reading #15. @:-)

Zurich Flyer Jun 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier (Post 14171389)
Then continue reading #15. @:-)

I am aware of the rule in #15 and I informed HHonors about that rule but they insisted that the (award) stay is inelgible and the eligible charges would because of that not give me any points. I did not further follow up on that because it is too time-consuming for me

cblaisd Jun 21, 2010 2:00 pm

If you escalate this to the Guest Services folks it will be taken care of.

Argonott Jun 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer (Post 14171420)
I am aware of the rule in #15 and I informed HHonors about that rule but they insisted that the (award) stay is inelgible and the eligible charges would because of that not give me any points. I did not further follow up on that because it is too time-consuming for me

I just completed a 7 night award stay at Hilton Sedona Resort last week. I received points for incidentals today for the base amount plus the 50% Diamond bonus, 1,000 My Way points, and the Hilton Amex booking bonus.

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Jun 21, 2010 7:44 pm

My experience with multiple stays on points, and a few stays on free night certs of differnt flavours, is that I have alsways received points for incidentals.
--
13F