Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Shocking HH rule - no points for incidentals on awards stay - is this true ?

Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond

A question for HH experts :

Recently I stayed in a Conrad hotel using HH points. On check-out I paid my bill for accidentals ( food/spa/other ) and was expecting to receive HH points for the amount spent ( nearly 2000 $ ).

No points has been posted, so I sent a kind email to HHonors. Now I have received a shocking reply - if you are on award stay, no HH points will be given for accidentals !!!

This is unbelievably wrong in my opinion - the room has been paid with points, but I still spent a lot of money in this hotel and would expect to get points for this amount.

Every other chain that I use ( Priority Club, Hyatt ) always give points for accidentals on award stays. So I can't just believe that Hilton have a policy that prevents this !

Does somebody actually knows the truth ?

I'm HH Diamond, earned it hard way. But if this tuns out to be the case - I will just burn all my points ASAP, close my HH account and never put a foot in Hilton property again.

If all other hotels are giving points for accidentals - I do not see any reason why Hilton should not. This, in my opinion, just a very cheap trick thought in order to save few points - but it will end up making loyal customers leave for other chains.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum
Hi,

I had the same situation 2 weeks ago and I just called Diamond desk and they advise me to send a copy of my folio to [email protected] to get a credit for incidentals.

So my opinion is thyt you should get points for incidentals.

Regards, mp007
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, WN A-List Preferred & CP, Marriott Gold, American Platinum Pro, National Executive
Have not used points for stays recently, however I have used Q3FN awards. I received my points at the W-A Park City for all of my spending, just like I would normally. Would assume the same for a point stay.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I have incurred incidental charges on award stays and always rec'd points and stay credit for these charges (including two award stays from the past week, one in the US and one int'l, both Hiltons - not Conrads - but I can't believe that would make a difference).
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Incidentals 100% definitely DO earn HH points.

And you can also claim 1k HH points for your MyWay Preference, if it was set correctly at the time of the stay (ie not to upgrade/breakfast or free internet).
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: NW Gold, *wood Plat, HH Diam, PC Plat
My recent stay using Q3FN awards posted and I got credit for the stay but no points for the incidentals that were charged to the room. I will contact them for credit.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
This has been an issue for some of us this year - an award stay, significant incidentals, denial of points. Perhaps one of our HHonors stalwarts will chime it, because it is virtually impossible to get anything credible and official on the telephone or e-mail, and denial is in conflict with HHonors site posted T&Cs.

If they indeed adopt such a rule, they are bigger idiots than I give them credit for - because we will be encouraged to spend money we used to earn points on OUTSIDE THE HOTEL.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Pretty cut and dry according to the terms and conditions:

Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays. But members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a Hilton Family hotel during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton, Conrad Hotels and Resorts, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations, and the Waldorf Astoria hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites or Homewood Suites by Hilton hotel.

So at the Conrad you should have gotten them.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM. HH Diamond
Have had no problems getting points (on incidentals and 1000 MyWays) on reward stays this year (both point-based reservations at Hilton, and Q3FN at W-A).

Didn't even need to ask....
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
A question for HH experts :

No points has been posted, so I sent a kind email to HHonors. Now I have received a shocking reply - if you are on award stay, no HH points will be given for accidentals !!!

This is unbelievably wrong in my opinion - the room has been paid with points, but I still spent a lot of money in this hotel and would expect to get points for this amount.

Does somebody actually knows the truth ?
Yes, they do have such a policy
Like you, I think this is totally wrong. Like you, I was in the same situation.

PS; I remember that until last year one got points and stay credits for award stays
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
[*]Reward stays are no "eligible" stays - http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...rual_of_points - see number 3: "... Reward Stays...."[/LIST]
Then continue reading #15. @:-)
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by sc flier
Then continue reading #15. @:-)
I am aware of the rule in #15 and I informed HHonors about that rule but they insisted that the (award) stay is inelgible and the eligible charges would because of that not give me any points. I did not further follow up on that because it is too time-consuming for me
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:00 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
If you escalate this to the Guest Services folks it will be taken care of.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
I am aware of the rule in #15 and I informed HHonors about that rule but they insisted that the (award) stay is inelgible and the eligible charges would because of that not give me any points. I did not further follow up on that because it is too time-consuming for me
I just completed a 7 night award stay at Hilton Sedona Resort last week. I received points for incidentals today for the base amount plus the 50% Diamond bonus, 1,000 My Way points, and the Hilton Amex booking bonus.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
My experience with multiple stays on points, and a few stays on free night certs of differnt flavours, is that I have alsways received points for incidentals.
--
13F

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.