Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Rome Cavalieri, The Waldorf Astoria Collection {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2004, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Greetings from Rome!!

Mrs. BigLar and I are enjoying the he11 out of the Cavalieri. It's everything they say it is, and more!!

Full trip report when I get back.

Whoo-hoo!!!!
Old Dec 20, 2004, 12:59 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BigLar
Mrs. BigLar and I are enjoying the he11 out of the Cavalieri. It's everything they say it is, and more!!

Full trip report when I get back.

Whoo-hoo!!!!
Chapel Hill Gal and I enjoyed 6 nights there mid-November. I always had a glass of bubbly when using the free terminals to check email and Flyertalk.

Isn't the mountain of pillows on the bed great. ^

Enjoy!
Old Dec 20, 2004, 2:14 pm

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat
I just spent 3 nights there last week in Room 747--it was wonderful. Did not mind the "shuttle bus" trip into town. Great views, great food and a lot of Red Wine and Champagne enjoyed in the Club. There is a good local place to eat about 5 minute walk down the hill called Lucianio's. Great seafood, veal and pasta. Only problem is the walk back is all "up hill". Gym is very nice and my wife had two spa treatments that she enjoyed.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:06 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by bigjim
If you are the person that left your iPod sitting on in a chair in the Executive Lounge and you came back from the buffet and it was gone, I can understand why you haven't heard back from the hotel or the insurance company.
I think I mentioned that it was stupid of me to leave it there (I was wearing something without pockets and didn't know where to put it, was alone there at the time).

But if they make you fill out a form and say "you will be contacted", I guess one would expect some kind of a notification, even if it just says "your own fault".

Anyway, I am not sure why the tone in your post seems so hostile?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:09 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by XFed2001
Thanks attorney28 but my better half can't stand the heat; so, I guess I'll just try repeatedly to see what's available. BTW, is the HH resrvation system programmed to reserve award rooms during the peak seasons so that a lowly Silver has zip, zilch, nada chance of scoring?
I cannot answer your question about the reservation system, from what I have read, it is very difficult to get award space if you are not a Diamond member, and of course, even more so during the peak season. Once, when I was a gold member, I was successful by sending an e-mail directly to the hotel (don't remember the e-mail address, but I think it is somewhere on the website) and explaining that I would really like to send my parents there for an award, but that I was unable to get award space. Received a friendly response saying that it was difficult during the peak season, and after some e-mails back and forth, they suggested some dates when they would have space (it was in the summer, though). Perhaps e-mailing the hotel directly could be a possible path for you? Good luck.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Originally Posted by attorney28
I cannot answer your question about the reservation system, from what I have read, it is very difficult to get award space if you are not a Diamond member, and of course, even more so during the peak season. Once, when I was a gold member, I was successful by sending an e-mail directly to the hotel (don't remember the e-mail address, but I think it is somewhere on the website) and explaining that I would really like to send my parents there for an award, but that I was unable to get award space. Received a friendly response saying that it was difficult during the peak season, and after some e-mails back and forth, they suggested some dates when they would have space (it was in the summer, though). Perhaps e-mailing the hotel directly could be a possible path for you? Good luck.
As a Gold, I got a 6-nt award in late October. Upgraded to executive level. Room and lounge were exceptional. Posted a report on the Best Hilton on Earth thread
Old Dec 27, 2004, 3:00 pm

Red face

Originally Posted by attorney28
Thanks attorney28 fior the suggestion. Will pursue your path if all else fails like calling HH reservations and offering to pay for a few nights if I could also use points for a stay. Thanks again and Happy New Year!
Old Jan 16, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Silver, *Wood Gold, Marriott Silver
Not Another Cavalieri Thread

Hi HHonors people.

I'm sure everyone is sick to death of talking about the Cavalieri but I am hoping you'll indulge me anyway.

I'm going to be at the Cavalieri for one night on an award stay in June. I'm staying there with my mom (aww!) so I want to make sure my stay goes smoothly. I'm a Diamond.

So... two questions.

First: my award stay confirmation shows us booked into a "Hilton King Deluxe" room at 665 euros. Glad I'm not paying for THAT! But when I look on the hotel website, I see only standard rooms, executive rooms, and suites. Can I tell from the award reservation which kind I have?

Second, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make the most of my one night, i.e. when is the best time to request a city view room (now or closer to the date), which is the best place to have breakfast, etc. And before you say anything, I have done quite a few searches already on this forum. We're only going to be there from late PM through breakfast but after all I've read on this forum about the place, I want to take advantage of every minute!

Thanks all,

a very excited Truly
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:16 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I'm never quite sure what "deluxe" room means. I booked a superior city view room at the Seattle Hilton and got a wonderful view of the freeway...

2 things will make your stay special: 1) exec floor 2) rome view. Get those and you will want to stay a week...
Old Jan 16, 2005, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got back from there a couple of weeks ago. Well worth it!

1. Call the diamond desk and have them request a city view for you. As a diamond, you should get it anyhow.

2. You can eat breakfast either in the lounge or in the restaurant on level "B" ... or both! The restaurant selection is really complete -- we wound up eating there one morning because we had the time, and then cme back at night to enjoy snacks and drinkies.

Strongly suggest at least another night, if you can swing it. For just an overnight, it hardly seems worth it.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Truly
Hi HHonors people.

I'm sure everyone is sick to death of talking about the Cavalieri but I am hoping you'll indulge me anyway.

I'm going to be at the Cavalieri for one night on an award stay in June. I'm staying there with my mom (aww!) so I want to make sure my stay goes smoothly. I'm a Diamond.

So... two questions.

First: my award stay confirmation shows us booked into a "Hilton King Deluxe" room at 665 euros. Glad I'm not paying for THAT! But when I look on the hotel website, I see only standard rooms, executive rooms, and suites. Can I tell from the award reservation which kind I have?

Second, I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make the most of my one night, i.e. when is the best time to request a city view room (now or closer to the date), which is the best place to have breakfast, etc. And before you say anything, I have done quite a few searches already on this forum. We're only going to be there from late PM through breakfast but after all I've read on this forum about the place, I want to take advantage of every minute!

Thanks all,

a very excited Truly
Wonderful hotel. however: IMHO staying one late nite and leaving after breakfast is an incredible waste of your hhonors points.

Last edited by rwill11; Jan 17, 2005 at 8:01 am
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:03 am

Well I realize it isn't the most efficient use of points, but the way I see it, it's now or never. I've been to Rome before and if I had a week to spend on vacation I'd almost definitely go somewhere else. So it seems unlikely that I'll find myself in Rome again any time soon - certainly not while I have Diamond status. I figure, it's this one night or nothing, and after all the great threads I've read on the subject of the Cavalieri, I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Rome. Sure, I'm throwing away 40,000 points - but I have over 400,000, so it won't make that much of a dent. Do I wish I had more time to spend? Of course! but if I had another day of vacation, I'd probably still choose to spend it in Umbria.

But that's just my opinion.

Anyway, thanks for the advice folks - I'll check with the Diamond desk on that city view, although I'm still not sure to do breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant. I guess I'll wait and see what they offer me when I check in. And I will try to check in early enough to enjoy the spa!

- Truly
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by doglover
I'm never quite sure what "deluxe" room means. I booked a superior city view room at the Seattle Hilton and got a wonderful view of the freeway...

2 things will make your stay special: 1) exec floor 2) rome view. Get those and you will want to stay a week...
doglover,

I got shut out of the Hilton Agra in November so I booked a "Taj View" room at the Taj View hotel instead. My so-called Taj View, which I paid extra for, consisted of the tops of the four minarets surrounding the main dome. The dome itself was almost completely obstructed from view by a hideous warehouse building in the foreground. You just have to laugh ...

- Truly
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:25 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Truly
although I'm still not sure to do breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant. I guess I'll wait and see what they offer me when I check in.
As a diamond, you can do either (I think there's even a third choice but can't recall now). Do the restaurant. Much better spread and the view is the same.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
As a diamond, you can do either (I think there's even a third choice but can't recall now). Do the restaurant. Much better spread and the view is the same.
The third choice is to do both!

But seriously ... when we were there, the restaurant on the roof wasn't available, so we did the brekkies in the "basement". A really fantastic spread, and all complementary. If the weather's nicer (like not in the winter), I'm sure the rooftop will be open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.