Wiki Posts
Search

Points pending?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Points pending?

I've had hundreds of Hilton stays and never saw this.

Stayed At Hilton Rome Airport and after stay saw pending on points. No issue this is normal. Then I see 0 points posted. Looks like there is not going to be credit on stay. Of course I e-mail diamond desk and I get a reply and the next day I e-mail again and get the following:

Dear Mr. San888,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding stay credit. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Following your hotel departure date, it can take up to 5 business days for a domestic (US and Canada) hotel stay to appear in your account and up to 2 weeks for an international hotel stay to appear in your account. Please allow the necessary timeframe to pass and then reply with your hotel confirmation number or a copy of your hotel bill as a .PDF, .jpg, or .doc attachment and I will be glad to verify and credit your account with the eligible points.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

Obviously a canned response as it was exactly the same. Nice Treatment for a 10 year Diamond member or any member, can't they make this process personal at all????

My question is has anyone ever seen something go from Pending to 0 and then have points and stay post????

I think I'm getting the run around.....why even have anyone answer with their name attached ....if all you are going to do is send a canned response.

HILTON really is starting to S*** for me.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by san888
I've had hundreds of Hilton stays and never saw this.

Stayed At Hilton Rome Airport and after stay saw pending on points. No issue this is normal. Then I see 0 points posted. Looks like there is not going to be credit on stay. Of course I e-mail diamond desk and I get a reply and the next day I e-mail again and get the following:

Dear Mr. San888,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding stay credit. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Following your hotel departure date, it can take up to 5 business days for a domestic (US and Canada) hotel stay to appear in your account and up to 2 weeks for an international hotel stay to appear in your account. Please allow the necessary timeframe to pass and then reply with your hotel confirmation number or a copy of your hotel bill as a .PDF, .jpg, or .doc attachment and I will be glad to verify and credit your account with the eligible points.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

Obviously a canned response as it was exactly the same. Nice Treatment for a 10 year Diamond member or any member, can't they make this process personal at all????

My question is has anyone ever seen something go from Pending to 0 and then have points and stay post????

I think I'm getting the run around.....why even have anyone answer with their name attached ....if all you are going to do is send a canned response.

HILTON really is starting to S*** for me.
Yep......are you looking at the app?.......I had a stay last Monday.....account says pending but app says zero......just a thought?
Old May 27, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by wizla
Yep......are you looking at the app?.......I had a stay last Monday.....account says pending but app says zero......just a thought?
My app says zero as well for a stay sun-tues.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Has anyone experienced this??

A nondescriptive, ambiguous thread title? Why yes, I have.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Great thread title indeed
Old May 27, 2015, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by helosc
My app says zero as well for a stay sun-tues.
My Sunday stay posted on app as 0 - points appeared Mon late (and Bank Holiday )
Old May 27, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
This has been normal for me. Wait a few days and the correct points have shown up.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
This has been normal for me. Wait a few days and the correct points have shown up.
+1

And for the record, I just checked out of Hilton Rome Airport this past Monday.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
I'm going to file this one under, "whats the least important thing I can complain about?".

Old May 27, 2015, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bkafrick
I'm going to file this one under, "whats the least important thing I can complain about?".

Can someone close this thread. I seem to have a bunch of sarcastic helpful people responding.

Thanks .........
Old May 27, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
I have had the same happen as the OP, when a stay posts as a zero in your main account. Unlike in the app, this doesn't update and in my experience it won't without HHonors CS sorting it. Similarly on reporting one of them last year, I got the same canned email response and I had to follow-up again after a period of time. The person who sorted it after that time on call said 'oh that happens regularly and we normally just process them for you if you call instead of emailing'.

I think that my interpretation of what the OP has had happen is correct, rather than it just being waiting for the system to update the points from a stay. The OP is a Diamond of 10 years, so I suspect they know how stays normally post.
Old May 27, 2015, 1:17 pm

OP's experience is nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not worthy of a new thread...especially one with an unhelpful title.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Can someone close this thread. I seem to have a bunch of sarcastic helpful people responding.
"Hey, you said that without moving [our] lips." "Hmm mmm." (Jeff Goldblum in that It's Hilton Time commercial)
Old May 27, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by smmrfld
OP's experience is nothing out of the ordinary.
I had the same experience as the OP, and like him, had never seen this in 100's of postings. Normally they state "pending" for several days, and then the points post. One stay last week did the same unusual thing as the OP's, going from "pending" for a few days to 0. I had never seen this before, and that prompted a call to the Diamond Desk. They were able to post the points immediately. No explanation of why there was zero showing on my online account page.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by smmrfld
OP's experience is nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not worthy of a new thread...especially one with an unhelpful title.
I disagree, a helpful post. I had an issue with some miles posting recently and spent some time emailing the hotel, customer services etc. Had I known this I might have waited longer re the two weeks they suggested for miles to post.

I would suggest the only ting that is unhelfpul (and unwelcome) is your snarky reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.