Canopy by Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:02 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Canopy by Hilton

Hi all,

We are excited to announce the launch of the newest brand to join the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, Canopy by Hilton. Canopy by Hilton is the energizing, new hotel in the neighborhood offering simple, guest-directed service, thoughtful local choices, and surprisingly comfortable spaces so guests simply feel better going forward. At these properties, you’ll enjoy a “Positive Stay” by keeping things simple and focused on the personal experience.

At Canopy by Hilton, loyalty is rewarded. Guests will earn credit toward elite tiers and points for free nights through Hilton HHonors, the award-winning loyalty program. HHonors Diamond and Gold members will also receive HHonors Bonus Points and space available room upgrades.

Properties are expected to begin opening in 2015, with eleven planned hotels in the following neighborhoods:
  • Canopy Portland | Pearl District
  • Canopy London | Neighborhood to be announced
  • Canopy Miami | Brickell
  • Canopy Washington, D.C. | Bethesda North
  • Canopy San Diego | Gaslamp Quarter
  • Canopy Nashville | Downtown
  • Canopy Savannah | Historic District
  • Canopy Indianapolis | City Centre
  • Canopy Charlotte | Uptown
  • Canopy Oklahoma City | Bricktown
  • Canopy Ithaca | The Commons

For more information, please visit canopybyhilton.com. We will share more details on when these properties will begin accepting reservations at a later date.

As always, please feel free to reach out via PM or within this thread with any questions.

Cheers!
Erin

Last edited by Hilton Honors Ambassador; Oct 15, 2014 at 7:46 am
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:15 am

Kind of like a Hilton bed and breakfast?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Looks promising. I like this, plus the new Curio line, as they add properties that will (hopefully) have more local character.

Erin, any details on what HHonors benefits will be available for each tier yet?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Erin,

Just curious, but will all of these properties be new construction, or are existing places getting re-branded? Also, I presume this will be world-wide (London), if so, which country will come online next after the US/UK market launches?

Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Nice to see this refreshing new range! I'm sure it will expand to non-US locations in the future? Hope to see it in Europe and Asia!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Erin,

Just curious, but will all of these properties be new construction, or are existing places getting re-branded? Also, I presume this will be world-wide (London), if so, which country will come online next after the US/UK market launches?

Thanks.
If you go to the website in Erin's link, there is a section on partners. It seems like they are looking for enterprising entrepreneurs (franchisee?) to renovate historical buildings and such and turn them into bed and breakfast type hotels.

So which country will come next would probably depends on who's signing up.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:26 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Need
If you go to the website in Erin's link, there is a section on partners. It seems like they are looking for enterprising entrepreneurs (franchisee?) to renovate historical buildings and such and turn them into bed and breakfast type hotels.

So which country will come next would probably depends on who's signing up.
Thanks...website doesn't load on iPad...guess Hilton didn't see the benefit in that.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:55 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
...website doesn't load on iPad...
It won't load for me in Firefox, either, even if I relax security settings.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
energizing, new hotel in the neighborhood
The Hilton rep would look better if she explicitly quoted PR blurb and press releases, making it clear that they are marketing texts, rather than letting it look as if she is actually claiming to be "excited" by this stuff. @:-)
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I would dearly love to see the business case for launching yet another Hilton brand (the 12th by my count) when you don't have a mission or differentiating cause for Doubletree, Home2 is still an embroyonic, indistinct concept; Curio isn't rolling yet (but seems to share Canopy's boutique-y space); and Conrad and Hilton seem hopelessly muddled to me.

The Hilton portfolio has begun to look to me like the GM brand / model lineup in its most bloated and indefensible period, when GM built multiple slightly different vehicles that all chased the same target market, and nobody could explain or defend why there had to be an Olds Aurora and a Pontiac Bonneville and a Buick LeSabre, all side by side.

What business sense does it make to keep conceiving and introducing new products when the company can't rationalize or define many of the products it's already got?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Website still not loading
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Regrets

But after Conrad Tokyo stay few weeks back I can get excited about anything other than collecting more "Conrad Ducks(just two now)."
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Gold, whatever is saved on the Sky box
Website's working fine in Firefox and IE for me.

I like this line:

More included value. We know our guests are willing to pay for a more inclusive approach. So basic Wi-Fi and an artisanal breakfast are included, along with a local welcome gift and an evening tasting of local beers, wines or spirits to bring the neighborhood to life.

Willing to pay more for basic wifi and breakfast? Don't you also get those for less in a Hampton?!

Although the evening beer tasting does sound attractive.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Need
Kind of like a Hilton bed and breakfast?
My impression is that they're competing with IHG's Indigo brand demographics.

The video didn't tell me much, aside from the fact that there are some yuppies on happy pills out there. I was left with a vague impression that Canopy's might be a sort of ... soup-ed Hampton, with a bit nicer rooms (I was reminded of the Curtis in Denver from what little we see of the rooms themselves), better breakfast food, and a Homewood-style evening reception.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by sjc2679
Willing to pay more for basic wifi and breakfast? Don't you also get those for less in a Hampton?!
Yes, but it's not artisanal. Research has perhaps found customers willing to pay for artisanal wi-fi.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Their rollout looks an awful lot like an MBA group project to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.