Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Citi Honors Visa — Offer EXPIRES May 31, 2014, 50K Points + $50 Stmt Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can edit this Wikipost, and minimize or maximize Wikiposts by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post.

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card

Basic benefits:

No annual fee.

- Earn 3 HHonors points per dollar spent at supermarkets, gas stations, and drug stores
- Earn 6 HHonors points per dollar spent at participating Hilton properties
- Earn 2 HHonors points per dollar spent elsewhere

Bonus for applicants: 50K Points + $50 Stmt Credit EXP 31 May 2014
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

(Crud, it looks like this was already mentioned elsewhere, but I missed it at first. Please delete as this is duplicative.)

Citi has a limited time offer (expires April 18th, 2014) for their Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card right now:

- Instead of the usual 40,000 HHonors points after you spend $1000 in the first 4 months, you get 50,000 HHonors points. (At a value of about 1/2 cent each, that's an additional $50 worth of HHonors points.)
- Also, you can earn a $50 statement credit after spending $50 on your first stay at any Hilton hotel or resort during the first 6 months of card membership.

Other benefits remain the same, including:
- Earn 3 HHonors points per dollar spent at supermarkets, gas stations, and drug stores
- Earn 6 HHonors points per dollar spent at participating Hilton properties
- Earn 2 HHonors points per dollar spent elsewhere
- No annual fee

http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0k/default.htm

Last edited by joelmeu; Mar 17, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Old Mar 17, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Any gold status? Annual fee?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BarryL
That's a different Citi Hilton card: The Reserve. The Reserve gives Gold Status, has an (un-waived) $95 annual fee, and earns weekend free night certificates (no points) as the signup+spend bonus.

This is the no-annual-fee card which has been around for years and years. It gives bonus points (no certs) as the signup+spend bonus, and no automatic Gold status (it may give Silver, but who cares?). It does give you fast track to Gold status on four stays. Please read the page linked above for details.

This is the card you get for the points and not much else. (And it's churnable for more bonus points.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 20, 2014 at 2:19 pm
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BarryL
The card gives Silver status upon card approval. The current terms of the card state the following for obtaining Gold status:
If a cardmember wishes to obtain HHonors Gold status, just complete four qualifying stays within first 91 days of cardmembership. Once a member achieves Gold status, it will remain in effect for the calendar year in which the Gold status was earned and the subsequent calendar year. Thereafter, the standard requirements must be met in order to maintain Gold status.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:35 pm

nice, might grab this for a quick free night. Have a feeling the points will take too long to come for me though
Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:11 pm

I just activated my 40K and $50 credit card a few hours ago. PM'd Citi hoping for the 50K

Citi Pm'd me back confirming they will give me 50K plus $50

The old deal of 40k plus $50 had you spending the $50 at Hilton within 3 months, the new deal gives you 6 months.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 19, 2014 at 4:13 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 3:04 pm
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, joelmeu, for your post. I had seen comments about the card but hadn't noticed a link. Your comprehensive post was just what I needed to apply. I'm approved, and look forward to an easy 50K points and $50 credit after appropriate spend.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Applied and approved.

Thanks for the link and deal
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by joelmeu
... Also, you can earn a $50 statement credit after spending $50 on your first stay at any Hilton hotel or resort during the first 6 months of card membership.
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...0k/default.htm
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the $50 have to be spent on an actual stay, i.e. room charge? Or can I just wander into a Hilton, buy a drink and dinner at the bar and use my card? Will it code as 'Hilton' and generate the statement credit? Any other creative ways to spend $50?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but does the $50 have to be spent on an actual stay, i.e. room charge? Or can I just wander into a Hilton, buy a drink and dinner at the bar and use my card? Will it code as 'Hilton' and generate the statement credit? Any other creative ways to spend $50?
It's doesn't have to be used to pay for a stay but it seems the $50 needs to be charged to the room.

In order to qualify for this one-time statement credit, the minimum $50 purchase requirement must be met and will include charges at hotel restaurants, lounges, retail stores, or spas, which are charged to the cardmember’s hotel room bill and settled using the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® card upon checkout. Certain on-property vendors may not permit cardmember to charge to their hotel room, and such charges will not be applied toward the purchase requirement. Credit will appear on billing statement 6-8 weeks after purchase requirement has been met.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
If I were a betting man, regardless of what the T&Cs state, as long as the card is used at a Hilton establishment I would bet Citi will not be able to distinguish between a restaurant only charge or a charge to the room since in all likelihood it will appear to Citi the same.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by controller1
If I were a betting man, regardless of what the T&Cs state, as long as the card is used at a Hilton establishment I would bet Citi will not be able to distinguish between a restaurant only charge or a charge to the room since in all likelihood it will appear to Citi the same.
That was my thought as well and why I posed the question. I will volunteer to test this out and report back.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Originally Posted by controller1
Except it won't be on a folio like it would be on your room bill. Typically the restaurant has it's own POS system with a different name than the hotel. Even the hotel bars have different names more often than not.

I agree though it's still worth a try and would be a useful data point.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
That was my thought as well and why I posed the question. I will volunteer to test this out and report back.
Were you able to test this?

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Xelint
Were you able to test this?

Thanks
Not yet. My stay starts May 1. I won't be paying for the room, so no folio, but i will charge dinner one night and see if that is good enough. Will report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.