Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston - Historic District {US-SC} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed at this property? Any luck/success on room upgrades (for Gold VIP)? Thoughts on what to do in the area eat/drink/sightsee-wise for my downtime?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2002, 6:49 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I haven't stayed there, but the rest of my group did on our meeting in CHS. It looked great. My boss loved her suite and its really smack dab in the touristy area, right by the market.

The lobby seemed nice and new.

lala
Old Jul 23, 2002, 10:52 am

Doubletree Guest Suites Charleston-Historic District Trip Reports and Reviews

I have stayed at this property many times and really enjoy it. There are many excellent places to eat nearby. Valet park is best way. Rooms are nice, little small, but tall ceilings.

------------------
Travel can be fun, just not everyday...
Old Jul 23, 2002, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Welcome Papacreek!
Old Jul 25, 2002, 7:13 pm

Go to Hymans Seafood and have the fried flounder. It is a whole flounder that is fried...absolutly fabulous, melt in your mouth.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:17 am
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
Doubletree Guest Suites Charleston-Historic District Trip Reports and Reviews

I'm going to be in Charleston in a couple of weeks and am currently booked into the Doubletree in the Historic District. Has anyone stayed there or have any comments?

In looking around on the net, I can get a room at the fantastic Charleston Place for only about $49 more per night - it's not HHonors but if the Doubletree is nothing special I may just have to sacrifice brand loyalty this one time!

Any thoughts gratefully received.

David
Old Jan 31, 2003, 6:50 am

We stayed at the DT earlier this month and it was very nice. We had a 1 bdrm suite facing an attractive interior courtyard. It was pleasant & quiet, although kinda dark because the only window was in the bedroom. But it was comfortable & incl a fridge & microwave. The hotel location is great, across from the market, two blocks from the river and two blocks from Market St.

Breakfast coupons were waiting for us (HH Gold) and the buffet brkfst was good. Don't know if we had an upgraded room...there's not an exec level and we had requested a room in a 'quiet location' so I suspect that's why we ended up overlooking the courtyard. Some rooms are townhouses w/bedroom upstairs -- looked interesting.

We had meetings at Charleston Place and had a room offer at the same rate as the DT...But no regrets in choosing the DT. I'd stay there again.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HILTON PLAT
Doubletree Guest Suites Charleston-Historic District

Hello. Planning a birthday overnight in Charleston and I was wondering if anyone had comments on the Doubletree on Church Street (we are using points, so not looking for other hotel alternatives). Anything special for Golds (breakfast certs, etc)?

The only things we have planned so far are visits to our two favorite restaurants... drinks at Cypress and then a late supper at Peninsula Grill. Any other Charleston suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Complimentary full buffet for Gold last June. DT is right near the Historic Open Market.

Hampton Inn is pretty good too but further from the center of Historic downtown though still walkable and near the Charleston museum and the visitors center.

I have not stayed at the ES next to the Hampton.
Old Feb 25, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, USAir Gold
They have a variety of different rooms at this hotel. Ask for one of the garden view rooms. I lived in Charleston and still go frequently. Cypress, SNOBs best for dinner. Peninsula Grill good as well. Go to rooftop bar at Market Pavilion hotel, corner of East Bay and Market, about two blocks from the hotel. Go to the Penthouse bar. Rue de Jean, Coast, and Meritage great for drinks. Most romantic dinner- Wentworth Mansion.

Originally Posted by jspatchwork
Hello. Planning a birthday overnight in Charleston and I was wondering if anyone had comments on the Doubletree on Church Street (we are using points, so not looking for other hotel alternatives). Anything special for Golds (breakfast certs, etc)?

The only things we have planned so far are visits to our two favorite restaurants... drinks at Cypress and then a late supper at Peninsula Grill. Any other Charleston suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question Email for DT Charleston, SC

Does anyone have the email addy for the DT in Charleston, SC?

Many thanks,
jwhuffman
Old Oct 9, 2007, 7:46 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, OnePass, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold
Doubletree - Historical Charleston

I'm looking to stay with the wife at the Doubletree in downtown Charleston and use some points. I was offered either a King Bed standard room or a Double Bed Bi-Level junior suite.

Does anyone have an opinion if the junior suite is worth it even though it has the smaller bed? Or since I'm gold should I shoot for an upgrade upon arrive (maybe King junior suite).

Anyone who has stayed at this property and has any insight I would like to hear it. Thanks.

BTW, I didn't see an official post for this hotel so I figured it was time to start one up.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by zachs18
I'm looking to stay with the wife at the Doubletree in downtown Charleston and use some points. I was offered either a King Bed standard room or a Double Bed Bi-Level junior suite.

Does anyone have an opinion if the junior suite is worth it even though it has the smaller bed? Or since I'm gold should I shoot for an upgrade upon arrive (maybe King junior suite).

Anyone who has stayed at this property and has any insight I would like to hear it. Thanks.

BTW, I didn't see an official post for this hotel so I figured it was time to start one up
Hi, these might be of some help?
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ght=Charleston
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ght=Charleston
Old Sep 3, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Gold, UAL Premier, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Stayed there last week. Location and layout wise, this place is great. I also thought the service was good - a lot of hotels feel like they are run by a skeleton crew - this hotel definitely doesnt feel that way
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Bump, considering a paid weekend stay here this summer. From the previous posts in this thread, it sounds like it is iwell situatied right in the historic district and can easily walk to things.

I will be traveling with my wife and daughter for this trip. How is the diamond recognition? How is the breakfast? How spacious are the rooms/suites? Compared to the Embassy Suites the Doubletree property looks like it is more centrally located in the historic district, correct?

--Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.