Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What on Earth is a "distinctive award??"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I was looking for availability for the new (old) Hilton Bodrum resort in Turkey, not onl;y does it show no availability for any redemption rooms for anytime in the future whatsoever, but its category is "DISTINCTIVE REWARDS".

Anyone have an idea what they are playing at?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:25 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Not yet seen any announcement about this hotel, they open for reservation yet?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:53 pm

When looking at the hotel details, this hotel listed as Category 10

Anyone knows why it is so special?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 12:58 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I believe this property is all-inclusive which may account for the reward category.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There are many other all-inclusives "in the family" and none are that. This place is also a former so-so IBEROTEL so its not like they just took over the World's best property...........
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wendySFO
When looking at the hotel details, this hotel listed as Category 10

Anyone knows why it is so special?
Where do you see that??? I only see "Distinctive Rewards" on the home page for the hotel.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Where do you see that??? I only see "Distinctive Rewards" on the home page for the hotel.
I was in the page to check availability (step 1 of 5 for booking) and click the "Hotel details" on top of the page. A pop-up window shows up and it says

"Honors Reward Category" 10
"Currency" TRY
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wendySFO
I was in the page to check availability (step 1 of 5 for booking) and click the "Hotel details" on top of the page. A pop-up window shows up and it says

"Honors Reward Category" 10
"Currency" TRY
Ahhh, I see. I looked at some of the other All Inclusive resorts as well. The ones in Egypt also list "Distinctive Rewards" and Category 10.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Same with the two all-inclusive resorts in Costa Rica. Any idea if you can book these with points or not?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ptpinit
Same with the two all-inclusive resorts in Costa Rica. Any idea if you can book these with points or not?
Sure you can book these on points.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by trm2
Sure you can book these on points.
Hurry - book the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa in Jamaica. They are offering to refund 60,000 points per night into your account - the longer you stay, the more points you receive. According to the chart, it costs -60,000 pts/night. Now that would be a distinctive award!

I'm sure they will find the "fat-finger" that programmed this soon and correct it.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bentley London is now Distinctive rewards, is this part of award change? Anyone know how many pts this is?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:18 pm

Interesting. Certainly isn't an all inclusive as far as I can tell. Another HHonors devaluation or just a mistake from the crack web team at Hilton?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Bentley London is now Distinctive rewards, is this part of award change? Anyone know how many pts this is?
Bentley used to be a W=A and was changed into a Hilton last year. It had a brief stay at cat 7. I'm guessing it's just another bad excuse to charge more points, although doing a flexible search for several months ahead I saw standard rooms at 50K throughout (except the Olympics when there was nothing going). Plenty of better choices in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.