Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Question Discount Discussion - Discuss PCs, RQs, CDPs

Please use this thread to post your thoughts about the Hertz offerings of coupons and discounts. There is a separate thread to post the coupons and discount code that are available to everyone. Thank you.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Has anyone tried using CDP 1859590. It is flashing up in a banner advert on FT, purporting to offer 20% discount.
It is offered by ABN save, which also encourages you to sign up as a business?
Old Jul 28, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Gold,WN CP, UAL Premier,HH Diamond, ChoicePriv Dmnd
Does Hertz still send out Birthday Bonus codes for #1 Award point bonuses? Anybody have a recent one? How about any codes for double #1 Awards?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:04 am

They do still give out birthday bonus codes. Here's the one i just got a week ago for 200 points.

Drive Off with a Birthday Bonus
of 200 Hertz #1 Awards® Points!

With your birthday coming up next month, it’s a great time to take off and celebrate with a bonus of 200 Hertz #1 Awards Points on upcoming rentals through September 30, 2010. It’s valid on Standard or Leisure Weekend or Weekly Rental rates for Full-Size 4-Door vehicles and above, including Hertz Prestige Collection. Simply use PC# XXXXXX when making your reservations and remember to first add #1 Awards if it isn’t already in your profile. Happy Birthday!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by lwan33
They do still give out birthday bonus codes. Here's the one i just got a week ago for 200 points.

Drive Off with a Birthday Bonus
of 200 Hertz #1 Awards® Points!

With your birthday coming up next month, it’s a great time to take off and celebrate with a bonus of 200 Hertz #1 Awards Points on upcoming rentals through September 30, 2010. It’s valid on Standard or Leisure Weekend or Weekly Rental rates for Full-Size 4-Door vehicles and above, including Hertz Prestige Collection. Simply use PC# XXXXXX when making your reservations and remember to first add #1 Awards if it isn’t already in your profile. Happy Birthday!
Hmm... isn't it usually 300? I got 300 for my birthday in July with PC 143135.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
Originally Posted by britbronco22
Has anyone tried using CDP 1859590. It is flashing up in a banner advert on FT, purporting to offer 20% discount.
It is offered by ABN save, which also encourages you to sign up as a business?
Just tried using it for a one-way, two-way rental from a city in France near Geneva to Bayonne, France. The regular Hertz rate was $397, using a couple of different normal airline codes dropped it to $346, and the ABN code about dropped it to $250. Unfortunately, the other rates have unlimited km and the ABN rate has a limit of 500 km with .26 Euro/km after. With about 950 km just for the most direct drive, this rate no longer makes sense. But other wise it might be a good way to save.

Still trying other codes to get a better deal. If anyone knows a good one, let me know.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: FB Plat
who can use that CDP?

Hello all,

I just tried to get a quote with the CDP 1859590 and it gives me a pretty good deal for either a Nissan Xterra or a Sebring convertible for a rental of 1 week in MIA starting next Tuesday for 283 Eur!

So, my question is who can really use that code? will there be any check?

Thanks for your answers,

Franck
Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Does Hertz still offer the Double upgrade PC codes? or Single Upgrade?

I used to love them when I was frequent on the Gold and had made it to FiveStar / Presidents Club.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA G
Any codes that will work for a weekend rental in MEL?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 5:27 pm

Looking for a discount code for costa rica for a 15 day rental in january febuary. Thanks Mike P
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
anything for a camaro at lax , via the .co.uk site?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
RQ: Deals1 & Coupons

When making my weeklong ragtop rez using RQ: DEALS1 and my own CDP at MIA, I tried using various $$ off PC codes (116196 or 14256)

Sadly, none worked

link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...l#post14462771

If you're picking up at a Florida airport Aug 19 to Sept 26, 2010, especially a minivan or convertible, you may want to try try using:

RQ: DEALS1

This is right on the Hertz.com US site under special offers. Example is $199/week for minivan, but when I priced MCO for a week from Sept 18-25, it also gave $189/week for convertible. It shows rates for F, C, etc which are not much lower, so not sure those are really deals. Should be good for various other airport locations in FL.

EDIT: definitely better rates for C and smaller with other options such as standard AAA CDP, and $$ off coupons ($40 off a weekly for AAA) apply to those as well.

Last edited by bk3day; Aug 13, 2010 at 7:58 am
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:18 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
No, it didn't look like that RQ would combine with $$ off codes. It was specifically for getting a minivan at $199/week (or $39/day), but when I plugged it in it also gave favorable quote for convertible for my sample week at MCO. No guarantee it'll do that, though; only says it's a minivan special.

Did it give you a $199 or $189 rate on the convertible? If not, try using no CDP. It definitely won't combine with coupons, but based on previous quoting I've done this beats any coupon anyway.

Okay, so curious, I tried the same week for Miami. It does work; you have to not use any CDP in order for it to work. Weird. Just pull down the menu and select "none" where your CDP is indicated. Once you do that, it should give you convertible at $189.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
Anything for Aug 20-24 SFO?

Any good coupons that I could use for Aug 20-24 @ SFO?

Having trouble finding deals - intermediate auto, but will take anything I can get a deal on.

Even tried Priceline and offered $28/day (not accepted).

Best I've found is $200 all-in (including all taxes/fees) for an intermediate using CDP 165385, PC 144535.

https://offer.hertz.com/offers/index...S.jsp&id=21182

This is a Delta Air Lines offer - save UP TO 40% plus an extra 100 SM a day, any vehicle, 1 or more days.

Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:12 am

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
RE: SFO Aug 20-24

Is it 4 days or 5 you're keeping? I get 4 days down to $150 with AAA CDP (any club code, I use my own, 215) and the PC 143500 which is $10/day off up to $40. (Good on weekend or weekly, US airports, through Sept 30, but you have to use AAA CDP.) Surprisingly it says that it's 4 "weekend" days even with pickup and return times of 8pm (meaning 8pm return on Tuesday night, typically well outside their definition of weekend).

EDIT: And if you book at AAA.com/hertz it will drop dramatically. It says the total is $110 if you put that PC code in. Wow. If you don't have a membership, the discount will cover the cost for a year.

Last edited by CrazyOne; Aug 17, 2010 at 10:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.