Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting BA Miles from Hertz...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Getting BA Miles from Hertz...

Back in June I rented a Ford Focus from Hertz at Edinburgh airport, having booked a prepaid rate via hertz.co.uk/ba . I explicitly quoted the BA CDP (mainly because it knocked 10% off the rental rate ), and handed over my BAEC card at collection.

Now I expected to receive 1000 BA Miles for this rental (double miles promotion was running at the time). However since they hadn't posted, I sent copy invoices etc to BA requesting credit.

I got a letter back yesterday stating that BA have been advised by Hertz that my rate doesn't qualify for miles.

Fair enough, one of the reasons for booking Hertz was that they were fairly cheap, but there doesn't seem to be anything on either Hertz or BA's website (which I could find) that indicates that there is no credit for certain types of rental . For the record my rate code was WOW2GB.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is the first time I've tried to credit car rental to BA - previously I've credited all manner of cheap rate car rentals with other Car Hire firms to other FFP's with no problems. As ever inputs appreciated, particularly as I need to book a car for a wedding in November and might just avoid Hertz if the miles aren't forthcoming....

Rgds

Andrew

(I'll cross-post this in the BA forum as well)
Old Sep 8, 2004, 1:36 am

I always got BA miles for Hertz rentals, even with cheap IWI/IWE rates. Never had to complain. WOW rates should get at least the 500 basic BA miles.

Maybe the T&C for the double miles promotion excludes the WOW rate?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
Back in June I rented a Ford Focus from Hertz at Edinburgh airport, having booked a prepaid rate via hertz.co.uk/ba . I explicitly quoted the BA CDP (mainly because it knocked 10% off the rental rate ), and handed over my BAEC card at collection.

Now I expected to receive 1000 BA Miles for this rental (double miles promotion was running at the time). However since they hadn't posted, I sent copy invoices etc to BA requesting credit.

I got a letter back yesterday stating that BA have been advised by Hertz that my rate doesn't qualify for miles.

Fair enough, one of the reasons for booking Hertz was that they were fairly cheap, but there doesn't seem to be anything on either Hertz or BA's website (which I could find) that indicates that there is no credit for certain types of rental . For the record my rate code was WOW2GB.

Has anyone else had this problem? This is the first time I've tried to credit car rental to BA - previously I've credited all manner of cheap rate car rentals with other Car Hire firms to other FFP's with no problems. As ever inputs appreciated, particularly as I need to book a car for a wedding in November and might just avoid Hertz if the miles aren't forthcoming....

Rgds

Andrew

(I'll cross-post this in the BA forum as well)

Seems you should get the miles, T+C as below:

You must select your Frequent Traveller Partner from the drop down menu in the 'Frequent Traveller' field, and enter your Frequent Traveller Number in the 'Frequent Traveller Number' field.
Present your BA Executive membership card when you collect your car.
Your customer discount plan (CDP) number and the promotional code (PC) 212004 will automatically be applied on your quote.
Terms and conditions:
Offer exclusive to BA Executive Club members. Hertz standard terms and conditions apply including those relating to age. Bonus BA Miles are not awarded on contract, inclusive tours, pre-paid, travel industry rates, staff, replacement or any other promotional discounted rates. Bonus BA Miles can be earned at participating locations in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK for all available car groups. A minimum rental period of 3 days applies. For rentals taken place between 1st August 2004 and 1st February 2005 inclusive. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or product. This offer can not be substituted for cash. Standard blackout dates may apply. The name of the driver on the Rental Agreement must match the name shown on the British Airways Executive Club card.

Try e-mailing customer services at Hertz use the following link and scroll down to the bottom
http://www.hertz.co.uk/part/site/index3.cfm?cp=rbau

Regards Phil

Last edited by olivetti; Sep 8, 2004 at 2:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.