Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Renting from Adrenaline Collection as a tourist (credit cards and additional drivers)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renting from Adrenaline Collection as a tourist (credit cards and additional drivers)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I've been a little unclear. The main driver will be there for the pick up, as well as the additional drivers!
I was wondering if we could pickup the three cars at the same time like this :
First car : Main driver is driving
Second car : an additional driver is driving
Third car : another additional driver is driving.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: too many
Hi Thomas,

re debit and credit cards, as far as I remember you have mainly two debit card types in France: "Débit immediat", where you can't spend more than what you have in your account and "débit différé", where you pay your balance in fuill at the end of the month.
The latter is closer to a credit card, and is called a "Charge card" in English. As far as I remember, the Visa Premier falls into that category, and is considered a "Premium card". So technically with 2 Visa premiers you should be fine.

as Gold Plus rewards member you should be fine with additional drivers as highlighted in your post above. Even better for you since you'll be insured on all cars:
Car 1: you (suggest you add an extra driver as well, could be either of the 2 below)
Car 2: You+addl driver 1
Car 3: you +addl driver 2

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

@ng1265 Thanks for your answer!
You're right about the two types of debit cards we have here. I actually have a Visa Classic "Débit Immédiat" (which has "DEBIT" written on the card itself) for my everyday life in France, but for the trip I'm going to get an extra card (Visa Premier Débit Différé, which has "CREDIT" written on it, even though it's not a real credit behind it), to pay for everything and be insured, and also one real credit card, just in case.

By the way, I've seen that one "real" credit card is actually needed to make a Gold Plus Rewards account, and that you can't prepay with a debit card... Am I right?
The Adrenaline cars don't allow us to pay at the counter when booking on the website, so we'll have to prepay, but we would like to do so with the Visa Premier, for insurance purposes..!

For picking up the cars, I was wondering if Hertz would let us have 3 cars under the same name at the same time, even though there will be enough drivers on the rental agreement. I guess that as I'll be the one renting the cars, I'll have to be driving the first car and tell the agent at the exit booth that the two cars behind are also "mine". I can already see this getting confusing for the agent 😂 but as long as we can get the cars, it'll be fine...

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: too many
I can mention on car pickup, I have seen that wis Avis (in France, funnily enough): I'd book 3 cars, all 3 ready for me when I arrived, except that I had messed up with my friends' arrival dates and ended up cancelling 2.
But renting multiple cars won't be an issue.
WTPThom likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:42 am
Original Poster

@ng1265 Great, thanks for your answer, that's one more "problem" sorted out !

Only one left is my question about registering for the Gold Plus Rewards and prepaying with a debit card, as the Adrenaline Collection won't let me paid at the counter. If nobody having made it answers, I'll try it when I'll get the Visa Premier and tell if it worked or not. Beside that, all my important questions have been answered, so thanks all for your help !
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:46 pm

I've hired from the Adrenaline collection twice over the last three years (coming from New Zealand). I booked it on my credit card online and here was no need for two cards (I only have one!).

Both trips were great - and my last one I got a brand new Dodge Challenger RT with only 400 miles on the clock (when I gave it back four weeks later with 8,400 miles on it no questions were asked - unlimited miles was true!).

I loved it. Not sure if there are special credit card rules for someone from France. Because I booked the VSAR class (you don't choose the car, it can be a Mustand, Challenger or Camarro) maybe the rules were different. Some of the specificmore expensive models may have different rules.

A tip. I booked a year ahead, and then checked back each week to see if prices had changed. You can cancel and rebook for free, and I did that several times as prices went up and down. I think my final booking ended up being about 6 months out from my trip. Only $1,200 US for three and a half weeks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.