Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Flew in around 10:30 PM last night, and what an improvement in the selection from last time! I was expecting a bare lot/not so great choices given the marathon this weekend but I was wrong. The entire lot was full.

PC highlights:
4x Charger Hemi R/T with Super Track Pack. Complete with those yellow lip protectors that everyone loves so much. These must've just hit the lot as one had 600 miles and the one I took had 5
3x Camaro SS
2x Camaro convertibles (think SS but not 100%)
2x Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD
1x Infiniti QX60
1x Challenger Hemi R/T with Super Track Pack
2x Ford Explorer Limited
1x 2019 Ford Edge
2x Grand Caravan

Five Star highlights:
2x Santa Fe
1x Nissan Titan Crew Cab SV
1x Silverado Crew Cab (old body style)
1x Dodge Ram 1500 (old body style)
1x Charger Hemi R/T spec'd as above
Couple of Charger and Challenger SXTs

Gold looked like it was mostly sedans but big ones. Spotted a Taurus and handful of Impalas. Premium upgrades had 2 Tahoes and a QX80. Looks like they're trying harder
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
PC lot was stocked full Saturday morning of Marathon Weekend;

1 Camero SS convertible
4 Camero SS, all under 1500 miles
5 Dodge Charger Hemi
1 QX80
2 Q50
2 Suburbans
1 Tahoe
1 Yukon
1 Jeep Wrangler
1 Jeep GC Laredo
1 each Silverado & Ram Pickups
1 Cadillac XTS
various Taurus, Impala
Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by dc2005b
PC lot was stocked full Saturday morning of Marathon Weekend;

1 Camero SS convertible
4 Camero SS, all under 1500 miles
5 Dodge Charger Hemi
1 QX80
2 Q50
2 Suburbans
1 Tahoe
1 Yukon
1 Jeep Wrangler
1 Jeep GC Laredo
1 each Silverado & Ram Pickups
1 Cadillac XTS
various Taurus, Impala
I'm guessing everyone is running by foot hence tons of vehicles
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:52 am

Hi,

I'm due into BOS next week, I booked a car via IHG (using some of my hotel points) and ended up with a B CAR (Focus or similar). Again via IHG I have Gold Plus 5 Star status (never used it before or Hertz though) just wondering if I'd be able to get an upgrade via that? Should I link the car confirmation number I got from IHG to my Hertz account - would that help at all?

Thanks

Mobi
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by mobiuk
Hi,

I'm due into BOS next week, I booked a car via IHG (using some of my hotel points) and ended up with a B CAR (Focus or similar). Again via IHG I have Gold Plus 5 Star status (never used it before or Hertz though) just wondering if I'd be able to get an upgrade via that? Should I link the car confirmation number I got from IHG to my Hertz account - would that help at all?

Thanks

Mobi
someone else correct me here if I’m wrong since I haven’t booked a B car in a long time. But I don’t believe B cars get you an upgrade. It has to be C minimum.
xeron72 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:23 am

My last week traveling to BOS...fingers crossed I score something good. My favorite car at this location is so far the Q50.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by mobiuk
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
someone else correct me here if I’m wrong since I haven’t booked a B car in a long time. But I don’t believe B cars get you an upgrade. It has to be C minimum.
Theoretically, B car reservation for 5 Star should net you a C car (intermediate). This is the traditional one-car-class upgrade benefit. What you won't have access to are the Gold or 5 Star ultimate choice zones; those require a minimum C reservation.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by missingcolours
Theoretically, B car reservation for 5 Star should net you a C car (intermediate). This is the traditional one-car-class upgrade benefit. What you won't have access to are the Gold or 5 Star ultimate choice zones; those require a minimum C reservation.
ah my bad. I was confusing ultimate choice and upgrades.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:16 am

4/16 10AM
Not that many sedans, all of them are SUVs

Tahoe
QX60
X3
X5
Altima
Armada
Old Apr 19, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: National EE; Hertz Five Star, Avis Preferred
Getting BMW X5 at Hertz Boston airport?

Any way I could as much as guarantee to get a 2019 BMW X5 rental? Not seeing it as an option for the dates I’m renting (12-18 to 12-23) but maybe I could call after making res?

also, what other vehicles are in standard elite crossover class z4 (Land Rover discovery/infinity qx 60)?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:23 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
As the above post pertains to BOS, I went ahead and merged it with the consolidated thread

Thanks
Jason8612 Hertz mod
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Bostonkari
Any way I could as much as guarantee to get a 2019 BMW X5 rental? Not seeing it as an option for the dates I’m renting (12-18 to 12-23) but maybe I could call after making res?

also, what other vehicles are in standard elite crossover class z4 (Land Rover discovery/infinity qx 60)?
Only QX60 is part of the Class Z4
Land Rover Discovery aren’t really classed as Z4 internally despite that they advertise them.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: National EE; Hertz Five Star, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by LJ7006

Only QX60 is part of the Class Z4
Land Rover Discovery aren’t really classed as Z4 internally despite that they advertise them.
QX60 would be fine (still would like an X5...); how do you know that is the only vehicle offered in Class Z4?
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Grabbed one of the Chargers this past weekend with no miles on it. Damn was that a fun rental.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA 1MM
Arrived at 1:00 am on June 3rd. There were no vehicles in the Five Star Zone. One person ahead waiting for a car to be brought in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.