Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at BOS; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
3/5 12am

PC and 5 Star:
Caravan x5
Malibu x1
Tahoe x2
Jaguar XR x1
Camaro x99 (seriously, nearly the entire lot was full of Camaros)
jaguar xr?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by David613
jaguar xr?
you got that right lol. Was surprised too. Haven’t seen one in the lot before. My colleague snatched it, don’t worry, you’re not missing out.

Horrible car, doesn’t even have heated seats.

oh if you meant the name, I meant XF. my bad.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:10 pm

you got that right lol. Was surprised too. Haven’t seen one in the lot before. My colleague snatched it, don’t worry, you’re not missing out.

i don't believe there is a model called that its either a xe or xf
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:11 pm

oh if you meant the name, I meant XF. my bad.
i had the xf if its the 35t its quick!!!
Joonydell likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, Marriott Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve, HH Diamond
which location did you snatch it from? BOS?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:24 pm

i believe it’s the 25t for this one
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by Joonydell
which location did you snatch it from? BOS?
phl
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: National, Hertz
Picked up 3/8 ~11:30 AM. Lot was decently full of cars, and plenty in the returns as most of the Gold was occupied by returns waiting to be cleaned. Underwhelming selection compared to what I've seen at National and other Hertz PC sections.

PC and Five Star were mostly the same mix of Equinox LS, Terrain SLE, Altima S/SV, Impala, but were mostly Camaros. Seriously there must've been at least 12 Camaros parked, including at least one V8. Tempting but I was heading north towards even more snow.

PC highlights: 1 almost new QX60 with 0 options but working XM, Charger GT RWD, Base Durango, 2 Wranglers but the old body style, 2 Explorer XLT, Kia Sedona. Took an Encore with 300 miles, AWD, Remote Start, and Heated everything.

Odd notes from the lot overall: the premium upgrades had a QX60 and a Kia Sedona parked in there, alongside a lone Q50 – Why not just grab the same cars from UC? The other sections (fullsize, midsize, etc) had more minivans than actual cars. The higher trim/uncommon SUVs were all in assigned spaces. Spotted a few Edge Titanium's, Grand Cherokee, Explorer Sport and Limited. Snow was in the forecast so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to see them not in UC and held for reservations, versus the small/lower trim SUVs that were ending up in PC/Five Star. The porters bringing cars from the staging area didn't seem to be putting much thought to it. Watched them park an Explorer XLT in the full size section, then an Altima S in PC. If they're seriously trying to compete with National they would try just a bit harder.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by oftech
Odd notes from the lot overall: the premium upgrades had a QX60 and a Kia Sedona parked in there, alongside a lone Q50 – Why not just grab the same cars from UC?
I'm presuming you mean PC not UC?

Premium Upgrades are available to anyone, not just PC members. They are cheaper for PC ($25/day), but still available to everyone else for $35/day.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by oftech
Picked up 3/8 ~11:30 AM. Lot was decently full of cars, and plenty in the returns as most of the Gold was occupied by returns waiting to be cleaned. Underwhelming selection compared to what I've seen at National and other Hertz PC sections.

PC and Five Star were mostly the same mix of Equinox LS, Terrain SLE, Altima S/SV, Impala, but were mostly Camaros. Seriously there must've been at least 12 Camaros parked, including at least one V8. Tempting but I was heading north towards even more snow.

PC highlights: 1 almost new QX60 with 0 options but working XM, Charger GT RWD, Base Durango, 2 Wranglers but the old body style, 2 Explorer XLT, Kia Sedona. Took an Encore with 300 miles, AWD, Remote Start, and Heated everything.

Odd notes from the lot overall: the premium upgrades had a QX60 and a Kia Sedona parked in there, alongside a lone Q50 – Why not just grab the same cars from UC? The other sections (fullsize, midsize, etc) had more minivans than actual cars. The higher trim/uncommon SUVs were all in assigned spaces. Spotted a few Edge Titanium's, Grand Cherokee, Explorer Sport and Limited. Snow was in the forecast so I guess it shouldn't be surprising to see them not in UC and held for reservations, versus the small/lower trim SUVs that were ending up in PC/Five Star. The porters bringing cars from the staging area didn't seem to be putting much thought to it. Watched them park an Explorer XLT in the full size section, then an Altima S in PC. If they're seriously trying to compete with National they would try just a bit harder.
Hah. Looks like they put the Camaros back onto the lot cause no one wants them. They have a mix of QX60s, some are fully loaded with premium audio etc, some with nothing.

I've tried National and Hertz from BOS, but locked into Hertz afterwards due to company preference. Agree with you though, the Hertz lot = boring selection of cars.

This week, I was lucky enough to come across 2x 2019 Cadillac XTS, the one I had had about 5000 miles on it...too bad the car was already damaged by the previous renter, the entire front bumper is pushed in with part of the grille missing.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 8:35 am

3/18 around 1pm ish.

PC Area:
1x Cadillac CTS
1x Infiniti Q50 3.0t
2x Impala
3x mini vans
1x VW tiguan

Picked up the Q50 since its a fun car to drive...I was pleasantly surprised there was only 20 miles to the odo, car registration says it was registered on 3/8
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:27 pm

Renting a T4 (Standard Elite SUV) next Saturday. Anyone know what to expect? GLE 350 I’m presuming?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Picked up yesterday (22 Mar), about 4pm. Tons of Camaros around, an Infiniti sedan which I didn't recognise (don't have a lot of those in the UK). Nammed a V8 Camaro with 6 miles on the clock from the PC aisle!

I don't like to drive SUVs, so didn't pay a lot of attention to those, but there were quite a few.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:06 pm

3/25/2019 10:30am

PC Area:
1x Land Rover Discovery Sport / Fully Loaded
1x Range Rover Evoque
1x Jaguar XF
Impala's
Chevy Equinox
Minivans x1000
1x Camaro V8

Picked up the Land Rover, kind of a meh car.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Theycallmeazn
Renting a T4 (Standard Elite SUV) next Saturday. Anyone know what to expect? GLE 350 I’m presuming?
Don't think I've seen a GLE on the lot, so it might be a Range Rover/Land Rover or a Infiniti QX60 or QX80

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.