FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Does Hertz offer the new Thunderbird Convertible? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/177500-does-hertz-offer-new-thunderbird-convertible.html)

Gaucho100K Apr 19, 2003 3:01 pm

Does Hertz offer the new Thunderbird Convertible?

Just wondering.... there is a Convertible version right?

SEA_Tigger Apr 19, 2003 4:45 pm

The Thunderbird is a convertible-only (optional hard-top). And no, it is not available at this time.

I really wish Hertz offered the Volvo C70 Coupe and C70 Convertible as part of the Prestige Collection (they offer the S80/S60 Sedan and XC70 wagon). I have nothing against Mustang, but I'd much prefer the Volvo for my coupe and convertible rentals (I usually rent Lincoln TC/LS/Nav at the moment).

Gaucho100K Apr 19, 2003 5:13 pm

I agree. Didnt they use to have the Volvo convertible in some select locations?

dlword Apr 20, 2003 11:12 am

They had Tbird Convertibles at SNA just last week. I've had Volvo Convertibles at SNA in the past and seen them at FLL.

Gaucho100K Apr 20, 2003 1:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dlword:
They had Tbird Convertibles at SNA just last week. I've had Volvo Convertibles at SNA in the past and seen them at FLL.</font>
Cool... there is hope then!! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thumbsup.gif

A320 EOW Apr 21, 2003 10:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
I really wish Hertz offered the Volvo C70 Coupe and C70 Convertible as part of the Prestige Collection (they offer the S80/S60 Sedan and XC70 wagon). I have nothing against Mustang, but I'd much prefer the Volvo for my coupe and convertible rentals (I usually rent Lincoln TC/LS/Nav at the moment).</font>
I was reading somewhere that Volvo has discontinued making the C70 model cars, so they might end up disappearing from Hertz' lots.

seawolf Apr 21, 2003 12:27 pm

There was a Tbird sitting at the Hertz lot at SFO. Not sure if it was an employee vehicle or a rental.

SEA_Tigger Apr 21, 2003 2:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by A320 EOW:
I was reading somewhere that Volvo has discontinued making the C70 model cars, so they might end up disappearing from Hertz' lots.</font>
Really? **** your black heart Bill Ford, Jr! *grin*

I checked SNA on hertz.com and indeed they do have "Premium Convertible". So I guess some areas that get lots of sun get them (which would rule out SEA).

I suppose one could call the Gold desk and ask whether the TBird or C70 are available and request which one you would want.

QuietLion Apr 21, 2003 5:56 pm

They have about five of them at LAS.

QL

lqdnitin Apr 22, 2003 7:58 am

Just heard it is being scrapped by Ford after the 2005/06 model year. What a joke.

Razzle-D Apr 22, 2003 11:51 am

LAX has a ton of the T-Birds.

ALARISstl Apr 22, 2003 3:48 pm

LAX

fredmartens Apr 22, 2003 4:45 pm

Tigger, Hertz actually has Mustang Convertibles (seasonal) in SEA...the V6 ones. I've also seen Sebring Converts. Boring.

FWIW, I bought a Mustang GT convertible 2 years ago, it now has a grand total of 1875 miles on it. So much for owning a ragtop in Seattle!

SEA_Tigger Apr 22, 2003 4:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fredmartens:
Tigger, Hertz actually has Mustang Convertibles (seasonal) in SEA...the V6 ones. I've also seen Sebring Converts. Boring.</font>
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to say the cool convertibles (C70/TBird) seem to be only available in clime where it is generally sunny. I was decrying earlier that we only get the Stang here in SEA, cause I would like to rent a C70. *grin*

cwpfly Apr 22, 2003 7:48 pm

Link about the death of the T-Bird.

Forbes Article

CWPFLY