Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Hertz offer the new Thunderbird Convertible?

Old Apr 19, 2003, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle

Just wondering.... there is a Convertible version right?
Old Apr 19, 2003, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
The Thunderbird is a convertible-only (optional hard-top). And no, it is not available at this time.

I really wish Hertz offered the Volvo C70 Coupe and C70 Convertible as part of the Prestige Collection (they offer the S80/S60 Sedan and XC70 wagon). I have nothing against Mustang, but I'd much prefer the Volvo for my coupe and convertible rentals (I usually rent Lincoln TC/LS/Nav at the moment).
Old Apr 19, 2003, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I agree. Didnt they use to have the Volvo convertible in some select locations?
Old Apr 20, 2003, 11:12 am

Location: San Antonio, Tx USA PM-DL Diamond VIP-Hilton PC Hertz
They had Tbird Convertibles at SNA just last week. I've had Volvo Convertibles at SNA in the past and seen them at FLL.
Old Apr 20, 2003, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dlword:
They had Tbird Convertibles at SNA just last week. I've had Volvo Convertibles at SNA in the past and seen them at FLL.</font>
Cool... there is hope then!!
Old Apr 21, 2003, 10:27 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SEA_Tigger:
I really wish Hertz offered the Volvo C70 Coupe and C70 Convertible as part of the Prestige Collection (they offer the S80/S60 Sedan and XC70 wagon). I have nothing against Mustang, but I'd much prefer the Volvo for my coupe and convertible rentals (I usually rent Lincoln TC/LS/Nav at the moment).</font>
I was reading somewhere that Volvo has discontinued making the C70 model cars, so they might end up disappearing from Hertz' lots.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 12:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
There was a Tbird sitting at the Hertz lot at SFO. Not sure if it was an employee vehicle or a rental.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by A320 EOW:
I was reading somewhere that Volvo has discontinued making the C70 model cars, so they might end up disappearing from Hertz' lots.</font>
Really? **** your black heart Bill Ford, Jr! *grin*

I checked SNA on hertz.com and indeed they do have "Premium Convertible". So I guess some areas that get lots of sun get them (which would rule out SEA).

I suppose one could call the Gold desk and ask whether the TBird or C70 are available and request which one you would want.

Old Apr 21, 2003, 5:56 pm
Original Member

They have about five of them at LAS.

QL
Old Apr 22, 2003, 7:58 am

Just heard it is being scrapped by Ford after the 2005/06 model year. What a joke.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:51 am

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
LAX has a ton of the T-Birds.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 3:48 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
LAX
Old Apr 22, 2003, 4:45 pm

Tigger, Hertz actually has Mustang Convertibles (seasonal) in SEA...the V6 ones. I've also seen Sebring Converts. Boring.

FWIW, I bought a Mustang GT convertible 2 years ago, it now has a grand total of 1875 miles on it. So much for owning a ragtop in Seattle!
Old Apr 22, 2003, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fredmartens:
Tigger, Hertz actually has Mustang Convertibles (seasonal) in SEA...the V6 ones. I've also seen Sebring Converts. Boring.</font>
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant to say the cool convertibles (C70/TBird) seem to be only available in clime where it is generally sunny. I was decrying earlier that we only get the Stang here in SEA, cause I would like to rent a C70. *grin*

Old Apr 22, 2003, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA MM, DL MM
Link about the death of the T-Bird.

Forbes Article

CWPFLY

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.