Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Upgrade question for Five Star in Premium vehicle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)

I am 5 Star with Hertz. If I book a Premium (G) PCAR, will I be granted a one category upgrade?

Are the G class vehicles just mixed in the Ultimate Choice 5 Star lot or will I be given a stall number for the G vehicle?
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
No upgrade on a premium. You should be assigned one, and you either take that or anything in 5 star.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, buys Spirit tickets at the airport ticket counter ;-)
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
No upgrade on a premium. You should be assigned one, and you either take that or anything in 5 star.
Why no upgrade to the next class?
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...nMore=fiveStar
  • One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Because, as it says on the webpage you linked to

Originally Posted by Hertz
One-car-class upgrades subject to availability (to a maximum Full Size vehicle)
If you have a vehicle of full size or above, then there is no upgrade
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Use to be If you rented full size. Some Hertz employees would upgrade you to G others would say you couldn't upgrade to premium.

Now with gold choice its even more of a crapshoot.
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by woodford02A
Hertz website is a total mess. Outdated stuff all over it, exceptions not even listed on the same page...Don't take much on their site at face value.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: Accor Classic, BA Silver, Hertz Five Star, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by woodford02A
As that page says, "Maximum upgrade is to a Full-size car with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle".
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by m907
Hertz website is a total mess. Outdated stuff all over it, exceptions not even listed on the same page...Don't take much on their site at face value.
The webpage is quite explicit that the maximum upgrade is to full size - followed on immediately after the part quoted by the OP
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The webpage is quite explicit that the maximum upgrade is to full size - followed on immediately after the part quoted by the OP
Unfortunately that's not how the Hertz website works... Depending on things like what country you're in, whether you're logged in, and the phase of the moon you'll see different things at exactly the same URL.

Dave Noble stated above that this page states "One-car-class upgrades subject to availability (to a maximum Full Size vehicle)", and dewidaniels stated it says "Maximum upgrade is to a Full-size car with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle", yet when I go to it I see neither of those things, only what the OP said - "One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)"

Screenshot here - https://i.imgur.com/wlkwYYr.png
m907 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Unfortunately that's not how the Hertz website works... Depending on things like what country you're in, whether you're logged in, and the phase of the moon you'll see different things at exactly the same URL.

Dave Noble stated above that this page states "One-car-class upgrades subject to availability (to a maximum Full Size vehicle)", and dewidaniels stated it says "Maximum upgrade is to a Full-size car with a minimum reserved Compact vehicle", yet when I go to it I see neither of those things, only what the OP said - "One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)"

Screenshot here - https://i.imgur.com/wlkwYYr.png
true - it does vary based on country setting - I cannot view that image , but going to USA site it does indeed say in the overviee "One-car-class upgrades (subject to availability)"

Following the hyperlink "Summary of all Gold Benefits" https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/ememb...umGoldbenefits , it then does state

Originally Posted by hertz
VEHICLE UPGRADES**

FIVE STAR
One-car-class upgrade.
(Subject to availability.)

**Five Star: Subject to availability at participating locations in the U.S., Canada and select European locations. Maximum upgrade is to a full sized class vehicle with a minimum reserved compact vehicle.
kind of need to know which country the OP is in , in order to understand exactly what is displayed to the OP

I believe that it is the case that Full Size is the maximum upgrade class regardless of country

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.