Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Kelowna Airport - Now Closed

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Hertz Kelowna Airport - Now Closed

Sad news! Only found out when I was looking to reserve a car there for next year

Typed in the airport code and it didn't come up, so I tried to search for it under Canada and then British Columbia and it wasn't listed.

A Google found me this in Google's cache "Additional Information: This location will be permanently closed effective May 31, 2010."

Goodbye Kelowna Hertz!

Budget then for a rental I guess
Old Jul 15, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
AVIS is back on lieu of Hertz apparently...

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/100715.html?src=hp_wn

I like AVIS, but I loved the Hertz YLW location! The staff were awesome compared to most other locations and they were always happy to please Platinum members. Most disappointing.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The only thing AVIS has going for it is a 100% smoke free fleet!

VERY sad to see Hertz go, but must have been an unprofitable location for them!
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I was happy to rent from Hertz 1-way Kelowna to Calgary in May 2008 at a reasonable rate. Sorry to see them gone. Also, Avis is gone from Kamloops, which used to do some 1-ways to Kelowna at local rates, & Penticton!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Just noticed that AVIS YKA is gone as well leaving only National as the only option for me personally....I can't stand Budget, especially since they are a franchisee in BC and if anything goes wrong, you're screwed, IMHO.

With YLW growing and growing in pax volumes, I am shocked the don't open the bidding again to allow for the return of Hertz...Enterprise? Cmon.

The interesting thing about the dreadful YLW website is that they STILL list Hertz!

http://www.kelownaairport.com/kelown...sportation.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.