Search

No more self-service kiosks at Hertz?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
No more self-service kiosks at Hertz?

Hey,

So it had been a while since I rented at Hertz from an airport big enough to merit having a kiosk.

Last time I was in Vegas a year or 2 ago, they had kiosks where you just go put in your card and all that and it gives you a spot # to go pick up your car.

Just the other day, I was in Vegas but the kiosks were much different and connected you with an agent via phone/video? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the kiosk?

Are most locations going this way?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 8:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Yes, they announced in November it was the way of the future.

See Sunday's thread about them for the promo video and press release

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz...ience-fll.html
Old Jun 13, 2012, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Last time I was in Vegas a year or 2 ago, they had kiosks where you just go put in your card and all that and it gives you a spot # to go pick up your car.

Just the other day, I was in Vegas but the kiosks were much different and connected you with an agent via phone/video? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the kiosk?

I don't understand why you need a kiosk at all for that - my name is on the board (or I got an email with my spot), I go to my spot, key is in the car, paperwork is done at the exit gate. What do I need a kiosk for?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 7:46 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Hammer
I don't understand why you need a kiosk at all for that - my name is on the board (or I got an email with my spot), I go to my spot, key is in the car, paperwork is done at the exit gate. What do I need a kiosk for?
Sometimes they have not yet processed your reservation and you need to deal with either an agent or a kiosk. You could just stand in front of the board and wait for your name to show up, but most people want to get in their car and go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.