Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Not offered NEVERLOST whn booking - Car comes with as standard?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Quick Question,

I have booked a Camaro Convertible out of LAX for April, I was not offered the oppotunity to book the NEVERLOST system. I am to assume it will come with factory NAV already or just that they have not fitted any NEVER LOST units to these vehicles.

When I booked a challenger, i could easily request the neverlost system but not the camaro conv
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by welch9
Quick Question,

I have booked a Camaro Convertible out of LAX for April, I was not offered the oppotunity to book the NEVERLOST system. I am to assume it will come with factory NAV already or just that they have not fitted any NEVER LOST units to these vehicles.

When I booked a challenger, i could easily request the neverlost system but not the camaro conv
The car will not come with factory nav, the only time you really see this is when a vehicle is equipped from factory with nav (i.e. Escalade, QX56, etc.).

For why it's not an option, it most likely is that the fleet at LAX does not have a significant volume of Camaro's with Neverlost installed in them to make it an available option. Does that mean when you get there they won't have one, no, but you won't be able to book it.

This is one of the many reasons a lot of us hate the Neverlost system, it's so inflexible because it is installed in the cars, much more difficult to move it vehicle to vehicle.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JLewisinSyr
The car will not come with factory nav, the only time you really see this is when a vehicle is equipped from factory with nav (i.e. Escalade, QX56, etc.).

For why it's not an option, it most likely is that the fleet at LAX does not have a significant volume of Camaro's with Neverlost installed in them to make it an available option. Does that mean when you get there they won't have one, no, but you won't be able to book it.

This is one of the many reasons a lot of us hate the Neverlost system, it's so inflexible because it is installed in the cars, much more difficult to move it vehicle to vehicle.
Thanks for clearing that up, Im taking a SAT NAV unit I have rented in the UK roughly 1/3 of the hertz price, and I am used to using this unit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.