Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volvo XC60 UK fleet - any experiance?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Volvo XC60 UK fleet - any experiance?

As per the title wondering whether anyone has any experiance with the XC60 (part of the "Fun Collection") in the UK? Wondering what model it was, how well equipped etc.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by clubman
As per the title wondering whether anyone has any experiance with the XC60 (part of the "Fun Collection") in the UK? Wondering what model it was, how well equipped etc.

Thanks!
Can't comment for Hertz, but had one with Avis last July, it was a fully loaded model, and excellent to drive!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Had one about a year ago. Leather, nav, parking sensors, but no camera, radar cruise ventilated seats, so mid spec with the 190 hp diesel engine.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Cymro
Had one about a year ago. Leather, nav, parking sensors, but no camera, radar cruise ventilated seats, so mid spec with the 190 hp diesel engine.
Thanks for that! Not surprised about the none ventilated seats though as they are not terribly popular in the UK for obvious reasons.
Old Nov 24, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Can't comment for Hertz, but had one with Avis last July, it was a fully loaded model, and excellent to drive!
Was that from Avis UK? I'm a regular Avis customer in the UK (LHR mostly) and wasn't aware they even had any XC60 on the fleet.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:29 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by clubman
Was that from Avis UK? I'm a regular Avis customer in the UK (LHR mostly) and wasn't aware they even had any XC60 on the fleet.
Ah, my bad, I checked my rental history and it was in France, sorry
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That makes sense...
Old Nov 30, 2016, 4:06 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I had one recently from BHX and it was very nice to drive: automatic, leather seats, lots of small but nice features. Heavy on gas though.

But, it didn't had the nice radar feature the XC60 I had over a year ago had. (The one which detect the speed of the car in front of you to adjust when on cruise control)
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You mean Adaptive cruise control. Yes, it's a fantastic feature that's beginning to find it's way into more and more cars.

Worked fantastically well in the new XC90 we drove in Italy in the summer.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:25 am

XC60 - the new face lift version seems to be quite a nice ride. Had one for a work trip to Bristol and it was great on the road, sat nav, leather, adaptive cruise (seems some have and some dont), parking sensors basically they have the technology pack, you might find if they dont have they will upgrade to a XC90 which is bigger and more powerful. If you book as the fun collection make says it says its definitely that vehicle you will receive as Hertz have a habit of substituting
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks, sounds good.

XC90 would be a fine upgrade - enjoyed one for a couple of weeks in Italy in the summer, and was a great family car. Adaptive cruise was fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.